Ireland the nation - Page 7

--
Boots

December 6th, 2004  
Anya1982

Topic: really

I tend to only end up in dublin.................got a cousin who lives some where round there..........can't rememer where like cus she gets me so drunk that i tend to forget i'm actually in ireland and argue with the cab driver that west london ain't that far!!!!!!!

Plus don't drive so travelling around is a little harsh but my parents are going to kildare next feb...........so i'm hoping on the band wagon
December 14th, 2004  
dougal

Michael Collins was born on 16th Oct 1890 at a place called Sam's Cross outside Clonakilty, Co Cork. he took part in the 1916 Easter Rising in Dublin. In 1921 Collins was a signatory to a Treaty bring to an end the war between Britain & Ireland. This treaty was not to the liking of all Irishmen and a civil war broke out. Collins had said at the signing "I may have signed my actual death warrant".". He was killed in an ambush at Beal na mBlath in County Cork on the 22nd August 1922. Prior to the treaty Collins was responsible for organising resistance to British rule in Ireland. His tactics are said to be the basis for all Guerrilla warfare.

http://members.cruzio.com/~sbarrett/mcollins.htm
December 17th, 2004  
Archit

I usuallly heard about Irland Peace Army from TV and broadcast

Is it a terrorism organization?
--
Boots
December 17th, 2004  
Anya1982

Topic: hmmmmmmmmmmm

I dunno hun
December 17th, 2004  
dougal

Im afraid not.

Its gone as far as where the IRA doesnt realy excist anymore.

Thank god

Quote:
I usuallly heard about Irland Peace Army from TV and broadcast

Is it a terrorism organization?
No agreements in the north but at least its peaceful. But the imagrents are the most at danger now sadly enough, the asians mainly
January 9th, 2005  
dougal

Quote:
Im afraid not.

Its gone as far as where the IRA doesnt realy excist anymore.

Thank god
Would you blame the IRA of the robbing of the national bank in belfast?
January 10th, 2005  
Pogue Mahone

Ah but the Ra have always made most of their money through such activities - robberies, smuggling, drugs

Living in London for some time I heard many times about how it was the USA, and Irish-Americans, who were funding the IRA - most people there thought that there was a cup passed around every Irish bar from New York to Boston

No matter how many times I assured them I had been to just about every Irish bar from New York to Boston and had never seen this cup being passed - they would not believe me

Go figure

What do you think of Ireland today Dougal? Do you know Dublin?
January 10th, 2005  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone
Do you know Dublin?
Dublin is a hole. Being from Kildare, I am of course going to be a bit biased, however, Dublin is still a hole.
January 11th, 2005  
Pogue Mahone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnderSafe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone
Do you know Dublin?
Dublin is a hole. Being from Kildare, I am of course going to be a bit biased, however, Dublin is still a hole.
Dublin today reminds me of any other European city - with a few more Irish pubs than the others

If people want to see Ireland - avoid Dublin
January 11th, 2005  
dougal

Quote:
What do you think of Ireland today Dougal? Do you know Dublin?
Hate Dublin, it doesnt repersent Ireland in terms of being Irish as far as im concerned,

Like your name, its like Póg mó hón, if you know what that means?

Was working with a new yorker today, realy funny.