Ireland the nation

good conversation

Bloody sunday if people want to straighten facts out....................british shouldn't of gone in that way but like so many other things what evidence we had soon decided to take a wonder and "disappear"...........

When bloody sunday kicked off two para's were dragged out of their car (off duty para's) taken to a field and shot....................this was filmed, obv not let out for public reasons but teh british military do use that video footage for certain things so i can say i have seen it and it was awful...............

===============================================
tell you what, eire is a home away from homes for me, horse country and relaxing!

Ok not much to do there but is quiet...............when the biddy's ain't on the gin n tonic!!

But still gotta love dublin esp temple bar!!! but hey what about the pouges (or how ever spelt) o and the dubliners................tell me ma'

Think I have cracked up...............

Mod Edit: Do not double post.

Yes this is true.

They were caught at the funerals of some Republician victems and were noticed and what you said happened.

well coming from manchester we were always told to be weary of Irish ppl snooping about....but its not been like that for a while...

Being a Man Utd fan and living qute close to Old Trafford we see a lot of Irish...but cant understand what the :cen: their sayin lol

But my dad is in contact/going over there all the time with work and he says there all right

Ive never had any prob's with them but some people who were involved in the Arndale bombing a few years ago wouldnt agree

I dont know how many times I've told them that the whole of Ireland isnt the IRA :roll:

hey

dougal wrote:
There was ya. Alot to do with home rule. It was WW1.

Actually I've just been looking at a web-site on this subject and I was wrong. The figure for Irish volunteers from the South during WW2 is over 70,000

Alot of southeners from eire were obv is ww2, alot trained in SAS or nurses etc this was due to money, 14 -15yr olds coimg from ireland to earn money to support families, i know my gran did nd they would do the brave scary jobs due to more money. Even though they have there own army/navy it was never as good pay as to what they would get here.

Being a Man Utd fan and living qute close to Old Trafford we see a lot of Irish...but cant understand what the their sayin lol

LOL. 26 countys of Irelsand propable never even meet an IRA or even a sinn fein man.

Were harmless. Im a huge Man City Fan. Going for the derby game in Feb. Cant wait to see the place. Whats the best cheapest hotel to stay in? With a swimming pool in the city?

beardo said:
I dont know how many times I've told them that the whole of Ireland isnt the IRA :roll:

Just like the whole of Britian isn't UDA, LVF, etc. Pretty easy concept to understand unless they are simply ignoring there are both sides to the problem.

huh??

IRA is no longer a threat seeing as in peace fire, its the rogues e.g. pira and rira.....................................

either way its not just the irish now, theres muslims....................arabs........french........americans etc its not just an irish thing no more, people took an interest in it, mind you i think they'd kick bin ladin's behind!!!

Just like the whole of Britian isn't UDA, LVF, etc. Pretty easy concept to understand unless they are simply ignoring there are both sides to the problem.

A truer word never spoken.

IRA attacks during the trouble were still out numbered by loyalest and lets not forget Ian Pasleys little attack on the Pope.

lostttttttttttttttt

Any way lets get off the subject and talk about DUBLIN.............................Any1 been to Temple bar recently?

Dont want to talk about Dublin. Hate it. Or tempelbar,

You need to vist Galway. Render Safe might tell you from a netural point, Its one of the best countys

oi u lol

Hey i don't care about safe, i didn't grow up in the best place in UK lol

as long as i got booze going down my throat i am safe lol

???

seriously i faced alot more than a strange guy attacking me..........................ok i'd be scared but that guy who'd try would be booking himself in the nearest 5* hospital after i'm through with him :cen:

Ain't no 1 gonna get me................................FAMOUS LAST WORDS

dougal said:
Dont want to talk about Dublin. Hate it. Or tempelbar,

You need to vist Galway. Render Safe might tell you from a netural point, Its one of the best countys

Dublin stinks.

Galway the best county? Sure, after Kildare. ;)

Ya I down like Kildare but its missing the Galway city touch and to near Dublin.

When I said safe I meant RenderSafe the Moderator.

ok

ahhhhh kildare..............the home of the horse country.............arga khan......................Don't like the old one (arond 1920) much..............kicked my gran and her family out after my great granddad died of TB!!!!

Can't remember much of kildare ain't been there since i was a lil rugrat.......

Most family that are still there are 50+ but its still nice when people can actually remember your gran and auntie rita lol

O and some of the stories that i heard about them................OMG my gran would slaughtered people for telling me that stuff

Back