Iraqis shot 'for wearing shorts'

KC72

Iraqis shot 'for wearing shorts'

The coach of Iraq's tennis team and two players were shot dead in Baghdad on Thursday, said Iraqi Olympic officials.

Coach Hussein Ahmed Rashid and players Nasser Ali Hatem and Wissam Adel Auda were killed in the al-Saidiya district of the capital.

Witnesses said the three were dressed in shorts and were killed days after militants issued a warning forbidding the wearing of shorts.

Other Iraqi athletes have been targeted in recent incidents.

In this case, according to accounts, the men dropped off laundry and were then stopped in their vehicle by gunmen.

Leaflets

Two of the athletes stepped out of the car and were shot in the head, said one witness. The third was shot dead in the vehicle.

"The gunman took the body out of the car and threw it on top of the other two bodies before stealing the car," said the witness, who requested anonymity.

He said leaflets had been recently distributed in the area warning residents not to wear shorts.

Last week, 15 members of Iraq's taekwondo team were kidnapped between Falluja and Ramadi, west of Baghdad, said a member of the Iraqi Olympic Committee. The kidnappers have demanded $100,000 for their release.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5020804.stm

these people are absolutly insane.:-?

That insane. I'm pretty sure not even Saddam would have minded shorts. WTF?

The Vatican doesn't allow you to enter St. Peter's dome if you wear shorts either though.

who wants saddam back:-(

truth is, the primary reason they were killed is problably because more people would care about the death of pro sports players than some other civilian(s)

Could you imagine these inbred illiterate vermin at Bondi or any famous international beach. The only function in society people like them have is to constantly remind us that they will never be able to be better than us.

Nah, I think they'd make pretty good fertiliser too mate.

Folks this story is a clear example of WHY islam cannot be allowed to supplant other value systems in our world or we'll all be wearing unfashionably hot clothes to jog in out of fear.

It's things like this that make me wonder ... why on earth does anyone convert to Islam? The dress code enforcement it a bit too strict for my tastes. But on top of that, you can get sentenced to death for converting to any other religion, you get to wear funny looking outdated fashions from a millenia ago, and in all likelihood, if you do exactly as you're supposed to do, you'll just end up getting shot in the head for picking the wrong type of Muslim belief (like the executions of Shiites on that bus).

You guys want to know why these guys got shot?

It has to do with Islamic end-time prophecy, the coming of the Mahdi, the great Islamic leader who according to them will conquer the world (yes godofthunder9010, the coming great war).

According to Muslim prophecy; one of the signs of evil in the last days prior to the coming of the Mahdi, will be that men and women will expose their legs in the market (read wearing shorts in public).

These men who did the shooting were believing themselves acting upon Islamic beliefs toward world domination. The more fundamentalist Islam gets influence over the world and over Europe the morte likely the battle of civilization will ocur.

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
The Vatican doesn't allow you to enter St. Peter's dome if you wear shorts either though.
I suppose if someone does wear shorts in there, they will shoot him right?

Certain fancy restuarants wont let you wear shorts if you want to eat there, but it doesn't mean they are going to shoot you.

Last edited:
Back