Iraqi military vehicles

The only vehicles I have seen Iraqi soldiers use after April 2003 were pickup trucks.

Does anybody know which other vehicles they have and how many of them there are?

Iraqi military employed various types of weaponry during 2003 invasion.

But their airforce was not active!

Some of the weapons they used are:

- T72 MBT (Upgraded)
- T55 MBT (upgraded)
- Artillery (155 MM, 105 MM and 206 MM)
- AA Guns (some were used on ground forces of US! :lol: )
- APC

Some other things were used but don't remember now!

Thanks TBA PAKI, but I'd like to know more about the current Iraqi Army (and Air Forc & Navy).

Rabs, do you know if they upgraded those T72s in any way, or did they simply field the ones the old Iraqi Army hadn't lost in combat?

I dont think the iraqi t-72 was ever upgraded but im sure they have upgraded many t-55's
t-55-iraq.jpg

TBA_PAKI said:
- AA Guns (some were used on ground forces of US! :lol: )

How is that funny? Do you have any idea what a 23mm ZSU AA cannon can do to a person? You sick bastard...:x

c/Commander said:
How is that funny? Do you have any idea what a 23mm ZSU AA cannon can do to a person? You sick bastard...:x
:shock:

Man! I would like to see a few videos of that! :rockin:

And if not then! :coffee:

First of all, there are two major branches of the Iraq National Defense Force that should not to be confused here. The Iraqi Army and Iraqi Police. The Iraqi Police uses pickup trucks, the New Iraqi Army does not.

NIA (New Iraqi Army) and the (INDF) Iraq National Defense Force

New Iraqi Army Equipment:
Armored Vehicles
M113 Armored Personel Carrier
HMMVV
BMP-1
MBTL

Tanks
Replenished T-55
Refurbished and upgraded T-72

Team Infidel said:
They have quite a few BMPs and BRDMs as well as US HMMWVs. I will try and get some photos if I can.

I saw a footage in which Iraqis were using their old T-55s to fight the terrorists

Man! I would like to see a few videos of that! :rockin:

And if not then!
Too bad theres no videos of those missiles slamming into those pakistinian houses...pretty fireworks. Those mangled terrorist lovers limbs all over would just make my day :)

Last edited:
Most of their military equipment was destroyed during the Gulf War and OIF and has required replacing. This has been done through both restoring mothballed Iraqi vehicles and procuring new ones from Coalision nations. Their list of combat vehicles includes:

- 180 M113 APCs purchased from the Swiss and donated by the UAE
- 77 T-72 Main Battle Tanks donated from Hungary
- At least 4 T-54/55 MBTs renovated from mothballed storage.
- Several hundred BMPs, BTRs, and MTLBs brought out from storage and leftover from OIF.

The Iraqi Ministry of Defense has been working to aquire US-made HMMWVs and other vehicles, but I don't know what progress has been made their.

Information Source: GlobalSecurity.org

prolific said:
I dont think the iraqi t-72 was ever upgraded but im sure they have upgraded many t-55's

The Iraqis had some upgraded T-72s, with ERA and special armor. Some armored with "Enigma" NERA resisted repeated hits from Dragon AT missiles.

This thread lack photos.

Iraqi T-55/Type-59

Attachments

• Iraqi T-55.JPG
    Iraqi T-55.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
They've still got AK-47s, RPKs, and other Soviet-made weapons for small arms. There was a news report I read somewhere awhile back about them trying to aquire US M4 Carbines and SAWs, but were turned down because the US is afraid of armed them then having the Iraqis turn on each other and Coalision forces with their newly upgraded arsenal in a fullblown civil war. Not sure if things have changed since then or not though.

Back