• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not with the US in Iraq... maybe after

• Total voters

implicature

Last night while watching CNN an "expert" said that Iraq looked like it was on the brink of Civil War:

1) If a Civil War were to erupt during or after the election do you think that the US would pull out of Iraq
2) do you think that an Iraqi Civil War would be the best thing to get rid of the extremists or would that be detrimental to the general populace?
3) When does the rebellion become a Civil War?

This question is too ambigious. If this was so, then the United States completely and stupidly wasted it's resources, capital, and men on this effort to stabilize Iraq, which is now an objective ever since the occupation began.

I smell a rat.

Define civil war?

The only thing that prevents the current "insurgency" in Iraq being a civil war, is as far as I can tell the "Insurgents" don't have any clear aims beyond largely causing chaos...If they rallied behind some form of leader who would be placed in power come victory, then you have a civil war... as it is you just have anarchy and rebbellion.

Then again.. at what point does rebbellion become a civil war?

why a rat? personally i think that the US is so deep in this war right now and the Iraqi ppl are dependant on them that if a civil war broke out i honestly don't think that the US would just pick and leave, i do agree that the US has put too much into it just to say bye...

please elaborate on something being rotten in the state of Denmark!

that is an interesting thought "when is a civil war considered a civil war" i thing that constitutes being added to the topic!

I don't think there will be any civil war in Iraq either now or later on, after elections.
The Shi'ites (65% of total pop) have a recognized leader and everything to gain from a stable situation. They are working WITH the Coalition troops for a democratic transition to take place.
Let alone the Kurdish: they have proved cooperative and wise. They know they only have to gain.
The only problem is the Sunnis: they had to leave power and they see like there's nothing to gain out of elections or a democratic stabilization.
So I think a more likely scenario is guerrilla insurgents fighting on for the next weeks and months, not a real civil war between fractions of the population.

Italian Guy said:
I don't think there will be any civil war in Iraq either now or later on, after elections.
The Shi'ites (65% of total pop) have a recognized leader and everything to gain from a stable situation. They are working WITH the Coalition troops for a democratic transition to take place.

yes they are working with the coalition there is no doubt there but what happens when the Coalition leaves and then the Shi'ites are left in power and the Insurgents rise up again? My take on the Whole Iraqi war is that the insurgents will HAVE to be erradicated / completely destroyed in order for the Iraqi government to have a good chance at fulfilling a democratic modeled govt.

althoguh USA is in Iraq i still don't understand why they need to change their govt. to suit America, it isnt our country.

can someone please clarify? :?

civil war..not possible when U.S is still around, anyone who jumps out for a civil war wil get ass kciked for sure,

but there may be one after U.S left..IF a fair election failed

Porion said:
althoguh USA is in Iraq i still don't understand why they need to change their govt. to suit America, it isnt our country.

Well since the former Goverment/Dictaorship of Iraq no longer exists they need to have some kinda National Governing Body in place

It is certain that one day in the future they will have at least one, every major country has had one. Although it may not be for decades.

Porion said:

Porion, you are basing your opinions on the assumption that the U.S. went into Iraq as a conqueror. The fact is that we went in there as liberators period. Our purpose was to rid the Iraqis of the terror and dictatorship of Hussein. Now that he's out of power the next responsibility is to give the people of Iraq an opportunity to select their own leaders. Not to suit America but to suit them.
Hussein's supporters are still there and they are doing all they can to prevent the Iraqi people from electing someone that they don't like or can't control.
In the meantime the coalition has built schools, hospitals, and infrastructure throughout the country. No, not to suit America but to benefit the Iraqis. That's what we're doing there.
It may not be any clearer to you now but that will take some independent thought on your part. Be open to the truth and not just the media rhetoric whose only purpose is to sell you whatever their advertisers have to offer. Listen to those who have been there and seen the situation first hand and face to face, then make up your own mind.

DTop said:
the next responsibility is to give the people of Iraq an opportunity to select their own leaders. Not to suit America but to suit them.
Hussein's supporters are still there and they are doing all they can to prevent the Iraqi people from electing someone that they don't like or can't control.
In the meantime the coalition has built schools, hospitals, and infrastructure throughout the country. No, not to suit America but to benefit the Iraqis. That's what we're doing there.

So much right, dude. New leaders not to suit America, but to suit Iraqis.

hmmmmmmmmm

Iraq don't "depend" on USA........... that would mean to say that they could not get on or live with out USA.

I don't think civil war will break out. I think in my own opinion that the country has not been able to sort its self out because of other countries in there taking charge. I say we all need to step back and monitor, not go guns blazing but assess what people are doing, otherwose the country ain't ever gonna get back up running

Re: hmmmmmmmmm

Anya1982 said:
Iraq don't "depend" on USA........... that would mean to say that they could not get on or live with out USA.

I think you are directing that part on me so i will address it first.
what i was inferring was that currently the Iraqis are relying on the US troops to do a majority of the FIGHTING for them. they have yet to definitively take charge and lead themselves in a major combat situation against the terrorists. I am by no means saying that they can't be independent or that the are completley depending on the US govt or troops but i am saying that as soon as the quit wussy-footing around and start kicking some terrorist arse and irradicate them they will have the confidence to grow into an UNASSISTED nation. (within reason)

oi oi shippers..................

implicator...............sorry i didn't mean it as having ago at you, sorry if you took it that way.

Any ways what about the brits out there helping..........we rebuilt the iraqie police force.........well unless its gone array again lol

Re: oi oi shippers..................

Anya1982 said:
implicator...............sorry i didn't mean it as having ago at you, sorry if you took it that way.

Any ways what about the brits out there helping..........we rebuilt the iraqie police force.........well unless its gone array again lol

that is a good point and i didn't mean to leave anyone out... that is essentially what i am getting at... I seriously can't see the Iraqi ppl moving forward without the wiping out of the insurgent force. not only that but there must be a govt in place once the rest of the world leaves Iraq if not then there will have to be "guard" duty where the rest of the world is on patrol! I admit that the Coalition is doing an excellent job at helping the iraqis get rid of the insurgents BUT until the Iraqi ppl are stable enough to tear into the terrorists and chase them out of their layers then nothing short of a miracle is going to help them.

What is a good solution for getting rid of the terrorists after the coalition pulls-out? I sincerely believe that it will be only a matter of time before the terrorists regroup and re gain control! is there any guaranteed way to assure the Iraqis "if you do this... there will be no more trouble with terrorists killing your loved ones for power and money!" the only thing i can think of that would be effective is a "civil war" one where the Iraqis take charge and put their foot down and say NO MORE...

that is really what i tend to believe as well. However i don't think that it will be day one of the Coalition's departure. I think that after the coalition leave and the terrorist start to rally the Iraqis will realize that they have to fend for themselfves. But this is just my two sense! ;)

to Dtop

I agree completly the world to often looks at the united states as opressers which is often not the case we enter many situations with nothing but thought of the embetterment of other nations.I tried to make the same point with a certain North Korean not to long ago and no intellagent reply was found but the same beleifs of how were imperialists
and unfair bullys.

Back