Iraqi Civil War?

--

February 27th, 2006  
CIkari17

Topic: Iraqi Civil War?

How likely/unlikely do you think it is that the current situation in Iraq will escalate into a civil war, and what would be some of the determining factors either way?
February 27th, 2006  
jedi078

Well if you belive the news......it's heading in that direction............
February 27th, 2006  
Damien435

I don't think it is as likely as CBS would let you think (They are convinced Iraq has been fighting a civil war since 1995) however the possibility is there.

All in all, things cool down before a true, flow blown civil war breaks out.
--
February 27th, 2006  
phoenix80

I doubt it happens!

but if you listen to what MSM say then yeah it is about to happen.
March 1st, 2006  
MightyMacbeth

arent the leaders agreeing on things?
March 1st, 2006  
Setback

The liberal media always portrays the situation in Iraq as being worse than it really is. Although it may be as bad as they say it is, I really doubt it. Then again, i've been "brainwashed" by Rush.
March 1st, 2006  
Damien435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setback
The liberal media always portrays the situation in Iraq as being worse than it really is. Although it may be as bad as they say it is, I really doubt it. Then again, i've been "brainwashed" by Rush.
That's right, and you're going to let me keep this $5 bill I just pulled out of your pocket. Aren't you, my gentle snowflake?
March 2nd, 2006  
sandy

Iraq situation is more worse than I had expected.
But Civil war is too much going.
March 2nd, 2006  
phoenix80

Civil war definition includes the loss of central government power over the army and branch of governments and heavy clashes between sects of a country over gaining power

I dont see this in Iraq
March 7th, 2006  
Maytime

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix80
I dont see this in Iraq
Quite right. I'd be more concerned if the Sunnis weren't the minority, but that is not the case, and they have their fair share of power in the current government so it is not like they (the upstanding, law abiding Sunnis) are without a voice. The foreign fighters within the insurgent ranks are dragging this conflict on, and once the Iraqi govt steps up and cracks down on foreign infiltration, the situation will get a whole lot better, quicker. The way to do that: turn the domestic insurgents against the foreign fighters. It won't be easy.