Iraqi Civil War - Page 2

View Poll Results :Will there be an Iraqi Civil War?
Yes 2 8.70%
No 4 17.39%
Not with the US in Iraq... maybe after 17 73.91%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

--

January 12th, 2005  
DTop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porion
althoguh USA is in Iraq i still don't understand why they need to change their govt. to suit America, it isnt our country.

can someone please clarify?
Porion, you are basing your opinions on the assumption that the U.S. went into Iraq as a conqueror. The fact is that we went in there as liberators period. Our purpose was to rid the Iraqis of the terror and dictatorship of Hussein. Now that he's out of power the next responsibility is to give the people of Iraq an opportunity to select their own leaders. Not to suit America but to suit them.
Hussein's supporters are still there and they are doing all they can to prevent the Iraqi people from electing someone that they don't like or can't control.
In the meantime the coalition has built schools, hospitals, and infrastructure throughout the country. No, not to suit America but to benefit the Iraqis. That's what we're doing there.
It may not be any clearer to you now but that will take some independent thought on your part. Be open to the truth and not just the media rhetoric whose only purpose is to sell you whatever their advertisers have to offer. Listen to those who have been there and seen the situation first hand and face to face, then make up your own mind.
January 12th, 2005  
Italian Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTop
the next responsibility is to give the people of Iraq an opportunity to select their own leaders. Not to suit America but to suit them.
Hussein's supporters are still there and they are doing all they can to prevent the Iraqi people from electing someone that they don't like or can't control.
In the meantime the coalition has built schools, hospitals, and infrastructure throughout the country. No, not to suit America but to benefit the Iraqis. That's what we're doing there.
So much right, dude. New leaders not to suit America, but to suit Iraqis.
January 12th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: hmmmmmmmmm

Iraq don't "depend" on USA........... that would mean to say that they could not get on or live with out USA.

I don't think civil war will break out. I think in my own opinion that the country has not been able to sort its self out because of other countries in there taking charge. I say we all need to step back and monitor, not go guns blazing but assess what people are doing, otherwose the country ain't ever gonna get back up running
--
January 12th, 2005  
implicature

Topic: Re: hmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya1982
Iraq don't "depend" on USA........... that would mean to say that they could not get on or live with out USA.
I think you are directing that part on me so i will address it first.
what i was inferring was that currently the Iraqis are relying on the US troops to do a majority of the FIGHTING for them. they have yet to definitively take charge and lead themselves in a major combat situation against the terrorists. I am by no means saying that they can't be independent or that the are completley depending on the US govt or troops but i am saying that as soon as the quit wussy-footing around and start kicking some terrorist arse and irradicate them they will have the confidence to grow into an UNASSISTED nation. (within reason)
January 12th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: oi oi shippers..................

implicator...............sorry i didn't mean it as having ago at you, sorry if you took it that way.

Any ways what about the brits out there helping..........we rebuilt the iraqie police force.........well unless its gone array again lol
January 12th, 2005  
implicature

Topic: Re: oi oi shippers..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya1982
implicator...............sorry i didn't mean it as having ago at you, sorry if you took it that way.

Any ways what about the brits out there helping..........we rebuilt the iraqie police force.........well unless its gone array again lol
that is a good point and i didn't mean to leave anyone out... that is essentially what i am getting at... I seriously can't see the Iraqi ppl moving forward without the wiping out of the insurgent force. not only that but there must be a govt in place once the rest of the world leaves Iraq if not then there will have to be "guard" duty where the rest of the world is on patrol! I admit that the Coalition is doing an excellent job at helping the iraqis get rid of the insurgents BUT until the Iraqi ppl are stable enough to tear into the terrorists and chase them out of their layers then nothing short of a miracle is going to help them.

What is a good solution for getting rid of the terrorists after the coalition pulls-out? I sincerely believe that it will be only a matter of time before the terrorists regroup and re gain control! is there any guaranteed way to assure the Iraqis "if you do this... there will be no more trouble with terrorists killing your loved ones for power and money!" the only thing i can think of that would be effective is a "civil war" one where the Iraqis take charge and put their foot down and say NO MORE...
January 21st, 2005  
Strongbow

There won't be a civil war because the US will not be leaving. They are stuck there!
January 21st, 2005  
A Can of Man

There will be a civil war once the Americans are gone.
January 21st, 2005  
implicature

that is really what i tend to believe as well. However i don't think that it will be day one of the Coalition's departure. I think that after the coalition leave and the terrorist start to rally the Iraqis will realize that they have to fend for themselfves. But this is just my two sense!
February 2nd, 2005  
pcfab

Topic: to Dtop

I agree completly the world to often looks at the united states as opressers which is often not the case we enter many situations with nothing but thought of the embetterment of other nations.I tried to make the same point with a certain North Korean not to long ago and no intellagent reply was found but the same beleifs of how were imperialists
and unfair bullys.