The Iraq war

In your battle story we learn many Ameican soldiers die or wounded in Iraq.

Over take 4000 American soldiers die at Iraq, I don't mercy them! Because from Iraq poeple prospectacles : The American are invader ,Nobody invite the American soldiers entry their territory. But I need more blame the dirty politician of USA , send the chirldren of common citizens to Iraq battlefiled,some are dead,some are disability:lose their leg,lose their arm or they eyes blind! Why the politician of USA like Bush send his children to Iraq?

23011_20070316_28.jpg

I often see vedios on internet ,Iraq arms torture and excute hostage cruely: like beheading or shoot them! Did the Ameican soldiers afriad of be captured by Iraq arms? If I am the Iraq arms, I won't kill the American Pows. Because I don't like killing! I will tell them : you can buy your life use $50000 one POW, write your letter to your family, If want save they lives and be free, must transfer these fiancial to one account in one months, or they will be excuted."
That is very fair business, The New Nazi of American goverment paid salary soldiers for killing Iraq, If they want buy their lives after be captrue ,they must pay moneys.

Iraq arms can buy more advanced weapons when they own huge moneytary!I will recommend them buy machine-guns,Grenade Launcher,portable anti-armor missile,anti-air missile,new kind of landmine,A telescope, mortars, infrared detection devices, thermal analyzer, man-communication system..... that made in China!:mrgreen:

Back in 03 my convoy was ambushed just outside Fallujah on Route Michigan. The ambush was kicked off by a daisy chained IED that killed one of my buddies in the hilly billy armored Humvee in front of me, terribly wounded the other three men. Almost immediately afterwards my vehicle was hit with an RPG which I was blown out of. Then a 15 minute firefight ensued. After all was said and done we had one KIA and 10 wounded in my platoon. We were less than 5 minutes from our FOB. I refused evacuation...the deployment only got worse.

Last year, while I was on Route Cherry Main, my vehicle was hit by an IED that was about as big as the one that killed my friend back in 03. The MRAP got a flat tire...that was it. A wrecker came out and replaced our tire and we continued mission...big difference from 2003 to 2011.

Last edited:
Over take 4000 American soldiers die at Iraq, I don't mercy them! Because from Iraq poeple prospectacles : The American are invader ,Nobody invite the American soldiers entry their territory. But I need more blame the dirty politician of USA , send the chirldren of common citizens to Iraq battlefiled,some are dead,some are disability:lose their leg,lose their arm or they eyes blind! Why the politician of USA like Bush send his children to Iraq?
I often see vedios on internet ,Iraq arms torture and excute hostage cruely: like beheading or shoot them! Did the Ameican soldiers afriad of be captured by Iraq arms? If I am the Iraq arms, I won't kill the American Pows. Because I don't like killing! I will tell them : you can buy your life use $50000 one POW, write your letter to your family, If want save they lives and be free, must transfer these fiancial to one account in one months, or they will be excuted."
That is very fair business, The New Nazi of American goverment paid salary soldiers for killing Iraq, If they want buy their lives after be captrue ,they must pay moneys. Iraq arms can buy more advanced weapons when they own huge moneytary!

:shoothea:

Meanwhile, back in the real world.... :roll:

23011_20070316_28.jpg

That is very fair business, The New Nazi of American goverment paid salary soldiers for killing Iraq, If they want buy their lives after be captrue ,they must pay moneys.

Iraq arms can buy more advanced weapons when they own huge moneytary!I will recommend them buy machine-guns,Grenade Launcher,portable anti-armor missile,anti-air missile,new kind of landmine,A telescope, mortars, infrared detection devices, thermal analyzer, man-communication system..... that made in China!:mrgreen:

Remember this ?

picture.php

Tiananmen 4th June 1989. Killed by your government. The only thing they wanted was freedom. Up until today they did not get it.

or this,

tibet_execution_3.jpg

Tibet. Executed by your government. They only wanted freedom and their land back.

I like your strategy of ransoming captives. Just like the days of Barbarossa and the Barbary corsairs! but like Capt. Frogman said... "back to the real world"
I'm also curious to hear your response to VDKMS, I was going to mention Tibet and the Chinese government's treatment of them.

Last edited:
The west rubbish dare not fight against China commuist party, So the west meidas encourage Chinese student who no arms fight against ccp who own tanks ,nuclear weapons , let they go to die. who is more shameful?

If you want to help Tibet people from CCP ,I strongly sugguest you join the army in your countries, Then when you government fight agianst CCP ,you can shed you blood for help the Tebit people?
Made a deal?

Remember this ?

Tiananmen 4th June 1989. Killed by your government. The only thing they wanted was freedom. Up until today they did not get it.

or this,

Tibet. Executed by your government. They only wanted freedom and their land back.

Udaka,

I'm willing to share my knowledge and experience on here to anyone. What I don't need is to be judged. Soldiers don't have a choice of who and when they fight. I don't appreciate you laughing at the trauma and awful experiences that we have been through. I very much take personal offense to you mocking us on a regular basis. Can you not be civil?

The terrorists ultimately kill all US servicemen they capture. They get more "bang for their buck" through the political statement of chopping off a head then they do demanding money. They do kidnap locals and hold them for ransom. Local people, truck drivers, officials, etc. But US soldiers are executed. They make sure to film it and make a big deal out of it. Then they mail it to Al Jazeera that will no doubt plaster it all over the world media outlets.

The terrorists don't get many oppurtunities to capture US soldiers. We're hard to capture and will go to extreme lengths to save our soldiers. I can't speak for anyone else, but I always told myself, "they're never going to capture me alive...ever".

The west rubbish dare not fight against China commuist party, So the west meidas encourage Chinese student who no arms fight against ccp who own tanks ,nuclear weapons , let they go to die. who is more shameful?

If you want to help Tibet people from CCP ,I strongly sugguest you join the army in your countries, Then when you government fight agianst CCP ,you can shed you blood for help the Tebit people? Ok?

That's not how Tiannamen went down. You may not be able to read about how it really happened because your govenment censors most of the information you recieve, but dozens of foriegn journalists were there and made it out and have wrote extensively on the subject. The students were in peaceful protest and Chinese soldiers opened fire. They grinded down people in tank tracks. Conservative estimates put the death toll at about 5000. Nobody knows for sure. All that is known is that the Chinese government ordered the Army to seize control and that's how they did it.

I see you're very good at pointing fingers at others countries mistakes, but if ANYONE says anything about your country you take great offense to it and insult us more by telling us it's our fault! The fact of the matter is that the CCP is responsible for the deaths of tens of million of its OWN people. NOT the western media. The CCP has also meddled in the affairs of it's neighbors just the same as any other world power. I think the moral of the story is "don't point fingers at other peoples dirty house when yours is also dirty"...

You make a mistake ,I never said any good words about CCP in my post, I admit CCP is very dirty! But who let the CCP control the power of China in 1949,
it was dirty act of CCP'S mother Soivet union and west countries like USA.
Because when our China KMT loss forever in 1949, me and the Chinese poeple never trust west countries any more!

That's not how Tiannamen went down. You may not be able to read about how it really happened because your govenment censors most of the information you recieve, but dozens of foriegn journalists were there and made it out and have wrote extensively on the subject. The students were in peaceful protest and Chinese soldiers opened fire. They grinded down people in tank tracks. Conservative estimates put the death toll at about 5000. Nobody knows for sure. All that is known is that the Chinese government ordered the Army to seize control and that's how they did it.

I see you're very good at pointing fingers at others countries mistakes, but if ANYONE says anything about your country you take great offense to it and insult us more by telling us it's our fault! The fact of the matter is that the CCP is responsible for the deaths of tens of million of its OWN people. NOT the western media. The CCP has also meddled in the affairs of it's neighbors just the same as any other world power. I think the moral of the story is "don't point fingers at other peoples dirty house when yours is also dirty"...

Last edited:
So what should have the west done? Fight on behalf of the KMT? The KMT at the time was corrupt and broken. They lost China because they would take from the people. The CCP at the time was actually pretty fair about their conduct when interacting with the locals. George C Marshall went over there to mediate between the CCP and the KMT and found that both sides were irreconcilable.

The KMT's failure to hold China was their own fault. They were corrupt, inept, and too worried about enriching themselves than the people who were really suffering. You can't expect everyone to fight your battles for you. Perhaps if your precious KMT was more noble and responsible more of the people would have come to their defense. The idea of losing a half million Americans in a land war in Asia for a lost cause is a helluva lot to ask given all the support we gave the KMT to fight against Japan...

Anyways, if you want a thread about China open a new one. This thread is to be about Iraq, try to keep it about the subject of the thread. Udaka, this could be a real oppurtunity for you to learn some stuff. I opened this thread to inform people. If you're going to just derail the thread or mock us then perhaps you should just refrain from further comment.

Last edited:
First : I have read that the troops were not allowed (by Rumsfeld) to destroy enemy amunition dumps because it would only slow down their advance to Bagdad.

Second : a lot of Iraqi soldiers changed to civilian clothes but were caught because of the shoes they were wearing.

Are both true?

Sorry, missed this with all the posts by our favorite chinese poster...

We did bypass a lot of things including ammo dumps, cities like Najaf and Karbala, and large concentrations of enemies. They key was Baghdad. We were within striking distance of the capitol within a week of crossing the LD. We got bogged down a bit by a hellacious sand storm. By the first week of April we were ready to strike...several weeks ahead of schedule. The battle of Baghdad lasted about a week. It was thought to last 6 months...the country fell MUCH more quickly than ANYONE thought it would.

Yeah, there was a lot of Iraqi soldiers that abandoned their posts. You could always tell by their shoes and their belts. Many of them found their way into Baghdad to fight us when we were trying to take the city. But, they weren't the only ones. There were tons of Syrians in the city, and then the ninja looking fedayeen, or even just random people caught up in the frenzy of attacking us...mob mentality I guess you could call it.

You are a liar ,we fail because corrupt? ha,,ha ,ha ha ha ha , So nowday ccp are more corrupt one hundred times than us! Why the west countries like trade with China rule by CCP, these clowns claim CCP are very "great,he made a economic miracle"

Remember,the European only trust "jungle law" ,"only the strong can survive,the weak were taken! "Any other beatiful words are BS.

But you said I had some derail is right ,I won‘t going to talk about these any more!

So what should have the west done? Fight on behalf of the KMT? The KMT at the time was corrupt and broken. They lost China because they would take from the people. The CCP at the time was actually pretty fair about their conduct when interacting with the locals. George C Marshall went over there to mediate between the CCP and the KMT and found that both sides were irreconcilable.

The KMT's failure to hold China was their own fault. They were corrupt, inept, and too worried about enriching themselves than the people who were really suffering. You can't expect everyone to fight your battles for you. Perhaps if your precious KMT was more noble and responsible more of the people would have come to their defense. The idea of losing a half million Americans in a land war in Asia for a lost cause is a helluva lot to ask given all the support we gave the KMT to fight against Japan...

Sorry, missed this with all the posts by our favorite chinese poster...

We did bypass a lot of things including ammo dumps, cities like Najaf and Karbala, and large concentrations of enemies. They key was Baghdad. We were within striking distance of the capitol within a week of crossing the LD. We got bogged down a bit by a hellacious sand storm. By the first week of April we were ready to strike...several weeks ahead of schedule. The battle of Baghdad lasted about a week. It was thought to last 6 months...the country fell MUCH more quickly than ANYONE thought it would.

Yeah, there was a lot of Iraqi soldiers that abandoned their posts. You could always tell by their shoes and their belts. Many of them found their way into Baghdad to fight us when we were trying to take the city. But, they weren't the only ones. There were tons of Syrians in the city, and then the ninja looking fedayeen, or even just random people caught up in the frenzy of attacking us...mob mentality I guess you could call it.

Thanks. I have two other questions if you don't mind.

- Did Shia militias supported you at first and attacked you once Saddam lost or were they hostile from in the beginning.

- Did you have contact with Kurdish soldiers? If yes, what was their point of view to the (new) Iraq?

Thanks. I have two other questions if you don't mind.

- Did Shia militias supported you at first and attacked you once Saddam lost or were they hostile from in the beginning.

- Did you have contact with Kurdish soldiers? If yes, what was their point of view to the (new) Iraq?

Sure, not a problem.

I don't think there were any shia militias initially in the months following the invasion. As a caveat I must say my dealings with shia were limited. A vast majority of my time in Iraq was spent in majority sunni areas. I know in the weeks following the fall of Baghdad ALL Iraqis seemed to be happy that we were there. It was probably the best time I spent in that country. People were coming up to us from all different sides congratulating and expressing their happiness. But, as time went by, and the looting and failed infrastructure continued, relations became tenuous to say the least. By May of 03 I was in Al Anbar province which was hostile from the begining. A unit from the 82nd Airborne had gone through Fallujah before us and opened up on a crown of protesters after taking fire from the crowd. Even though we were one of the first Coalition units to enter the city after this incident, the state of the entire areas was dismal...it only got worse as the summer got hotter and lack of basic utilities caused the locals to resent us more and more. It seemed that the a majority of the Iraqis believed that since we were Americans, we could simply fix their multitude of problems in an instant. Obviously this was unrealistic...but in their minds, we toppled the very regime that held them imprisoned for 30 years in a month. They assumed we could fix anything...That coupled with our lack of understanding of the culture or the country caused a lot of heartache.

While that was going on I do remember Sadr city blowing up which was a prodominantly Shia neighborhood in Baghdad. The regional government was made to reflect the population which included a shia majority. Sadr at the time was trying to make a move for power and controlled thousands within his militia that seemed to grow exponentially during the summer of 03 into 04. The Shia majority government caused the Sunnis to boycott anything to do with the "new Iraq" and exacerbated the hostilities in the areas I operated out of. Remember, the sunnis had been in control of Iraq since the days of the Ottamans. They were not willing to give up that power and they felt the coalition was out there to subjugate them and empower the shia. We were simply clueless...of course, at the time I was a E-4/E-5 so I hardly saw the strategic implications at the time nor appreciated the history of the entire conflict. It wasn't until I went to university and after reading dozens of books did I realize how our "good" intentions resulted in US forces alienating themselves from the locals.

It was my understanding that the Shia militias were initially aligned with the coalition and only after the Abu Gharib scandal and growing casualties (on both sides) of 03 going into 04 did they start to turn against the US forces. Again, I must reiterate, I was in Al Anbar province from mid 03 all the way from mid 05 with a 6 month reprieve back home, so most of my experience with the begining of the war is limited to that area.

I have extensive experience with the Kurds. My last tour had me operating out of COS Warrior which was situated just outside of the city of Kirkuk. Kirkuk was a unique city by the time I got there because there were multiple factions working within the city to provide security for the region. There were ESU, IP, and Assayish all working within the city. The ESU were the Iraqi emergency service unit and were essentially the "best" of the Iraqi police force. The IPs were just your local police that were normally situated throughout the city at local checkpoints. The Assayish were the intelligence apparatus of the Peshmerga, or the Kurdish Army. I worked mainly with the ESU and the Assayish during the time I did patrols within Kirkuk. The ESU in Kirkuk was about 70% Kurdish and they were mostly really good guys. The Assayish were awesome. Although they weren't acknowledged by the GOI, they provided about 80% of the actionable intelligence ALL ISF worked off of in Kirkuk province. I wasn't supposed to talk to these guys, but I did anyways because they were reliable and they absolutely loved Americans. I could count on an Assayish platoon to be at my location within 10 minutes of being hit in Kirkuk whereas it took my own US QRF at least 30 minutes to respond to any situation where I would have needed them.

The Kurds were unique. They would be perfectly happy just being left alone from Baghdad and even more content having their own Kurdish country. The way they see it, they are being pushed from all sides. Iraq, Turky, Syria, nor Iran wants the Kurds to have their own country because all have huge Kurdish populations within their borders and that means all are afraid that if the Kurds get their own "country" then the large Kurdish minority within these countries will have deal with their Kurdish populations demanding a land of their own within their respective countries. They're the largest ethnic group in the world without their own country numbering conservatively at 30 million and as much as 50 million.

As far as their point of view on the new Iraq, they have taken the ball and run with it. Kurdistan is the model that we WISH the rest of Iraq would follow. Their cities are modern with clean streets and security. Not ONE US soldier was killed in any of the three Kurdish provinces throughout the entire duration of the Iraq war. US soldiers could even go there without their weapons or body armor. It was THAT secure. The Kurds revered the freedom they had provided to them by the US military. I must say the best feeling I have out of the whole Iraq mess was that at least the Kurds got it right.

Unfortunately, today as well as the time I was there in 2011, the epicenter of the insurgency and conflict was centered in this area. 80% of Iraqs oil in underneath Kirkuk province. There is a lot of bad blood between the GOI and the KRG. Kirkuk has always been ethnically Kurd. Saddam kicked out numerous Kurds in the 80s and 90s to "arabize" the province. This would give the Arabs a claim to the area so they could control the oil. Before, Kirkuk province was about 75% Kurd, 20% Turkoman, and 5% sunni arab. Now it's about 1/3 all the way around. There is a lot of tension about the whole thing because when the US took Iraq, thousands of Kurdish families returned to the province with deeds to the land they were kicked out of stating "this was our land, we want it back". Meanwhile, the Sunnis who had been living there for 20 years or more also had deeds to the land issued to them. The US declined to take sides in the debate so it has gone largely undecided. There was supposed to be a province wide census in 2009 to decide once and for all who would represent who within the GOI. This census has not happened because of stonewalling by the GOI because they know they will lose their claim to Kirkuk....As you might expect, sectarian violence has been problematic ever since.

The first picture is me with some of my ESU counterparts before a patrolin Kirkuk.

The second is with a Turkoman terp I had that was one of the best terps I ever had during a patrol towards the end of my last tour in 2011.

Attachments

• 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 080.jpg
    080.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
[FONT=宋体]On my views, USA and Iraqi are both loser in war! USA captured Iraqi but spent Tens of billions dollars and overtake 4400 American die at there! What USA can got from Iraq ,perhaps are petroleum or other natural resource! And Iraq loss more lives ,numerous civilians dead.[/FONT]​

[FONT=宋体]Yup, of course, the dirty politicians of USA like Bush and some senators claim: "these soldiers were die for freedom?" talk many bullsh!t on TV.[/FONT]​

[FONT=宋体]Why the dirty politician didn't send his chirdren to Iraq.[/FONT]​

[FONT=宋体]Just curiosity! How many penalties his families can receive when a American soldier die at war?[/FONT]​

[FONT=宋体]Why USA so interested in the war against Asian countries after second world war? A lot of dictators in black Africa they don't care?[/FONT]​

[FONT=宋体]Remember, our Asian people will take up the guns when some enemy offense our territory! No matter who is the invader![/FONT]​

Last edited:

23011_20070316_28.jpg

Is this guy for real?

Back