Iraq veteran sues Moore over 9/11 film - Page 2

--
Iraq veteran sues Moore over 9/11 film

June 2nd, 2006  
Easy-8

June 2nd, 2006  
moving0target

It would be poetic justice if Moore is smacked a good one by a veteran. Lets keep our fingers crossed. He can't be rich enough that $85 mil won't sting a bit.
June 3rd, 2006  
WarMachine

Maybe he was a little too zealous for fahrenheit, but i think his next movie is on the heatlh care system of america. That's back to good 'ol issues that he started with. His first docs nobody really cared about but they did address some pressing issues like unemployment and corporate power/greed.
--
June 4th, 2006  
mmarsh

A question...

If soldier Damon was really as big a Bush supporter as his lawyer claim he was then why did he participate in a anti-Bush movie, (and dont give me any crap about he didnt know, if your going to be in a Hollywood production you'd know what the film is going to be about) and why is he sueing now, 2 1/2 years after the movie came out.

I'm not a huge Michael Moore fan, but I smell a rat. Is it not slightly coincidential the MM has the sequel coming out next year to 9/11 and more to the point that there is an election coming up in 5 months. I might be more receptive, except that we have seen these type of 'smear and fear' tactics used so often in the past that I suspect this is an attempt to 'swift boat' a movie that the GOP clearly doesnt want you to see.
June 4th, 2006  
PJ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
I'm not a huge Michael Moore fan, but I smell a rat. Is it not slightly coincidential the MM has the sequel coming out next year to 9/11 and more to the point that there is an election coming up in 5 months. I might be more receptive, except that we have seen these type of 'smear and fear' tactics used so often in the past that I suspect this is an attempt to 'swift boat' a movie that the GOP clearly doesnt want you to see.
June 4th, 2006  
deerslayer

How about this- we allow the lawsuit to go on, but with a few changed procedures. IF the soldier wins, fork over the cash- and have the two get in a UFC ring. I will pay my life's savings to see Moore get his head handed to him.

I'm glad this lawsuit is going on- albeit mmarsh has some fairly valid questions about said vet.
June 6th, 2006  
Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
You smell a rat.... how about a dozen or two. In my opinion somebody is trying to get rich the easy way. But this issue isn't on Moore only, but the entire sueing policy in the States. You see an opening you go for it. You claim 85 mil and maybe walk away with 15 mil. Not bad for a few days work....
June 6th, 2006  
mmarsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
You smell a rat.... how about a dozen or two. In my opinion somebody is trying to get rich the easy way. But this issue isn't on Moore only, but the entire sueing policy in the States. You see an opening you go for it. You claim 85 mil and maybe walk away with 15 mil. Not bad for a few days work....
Sad but true. My father is a lawyer back in the states and even he thinks things are out of control, espically when you consider all the frivilous lawsuits (like this one) the just wastes the courts time. In France (I'm not sure if this exsists in the USA, I think it depends on the state), if the judges truely think the lawsuit wholly without any merit they can order the plantiff to pay the court costs.
June 6th, 2006  
bulldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine
Maybe he was a little too zealous for fahrenheit, but i think his next movie is on the heatlh care system of america. That's back to good 'ol issues that he started with. His first docs nobody really cared about but they did address some pressing issues like unemployment and corporate power/greed.
Moore owns stock in Halliburton. FACT!

Still believe in your messiah or are you starting to cotton on to the fact he's an opportunistic lying POS??

If you smell a rat its the media, they choose the time and place to report this crap... or perhaps you might need a shower.
June 8th, 2006  
PJ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
And when your reputation is completely ruined because someone put together clips of an entire interview to spin your original opinions? Nah, this doesn't seem about the money so much as about not letting this kind of thing go on. There are a lot of frivolous lawsuits in the US, but I don't see this as one of them nor do I see how someone could, unless of course you think that unethical reporting and the twisting of someone's opinions is an okay and moral thing to do, or you're just a fan of Moore.