thinsp.png
fənt, -ˌfænt, ˈsaɪ
thinsp.png
kə-/
Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sik-uh-fuh
thinsp.png
nt, -fant, sahy-kuh-]
Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun a self-seeking, servile flatterer; fawning parasite.
[Origin: 1530–40; < L sȳcophanta < Gk sȳkophántés informer, equiv. to sŷko(n) fig + phan- (s. of phaínein to show) + -tés agentive suffix
thinsp.png
]

Your still missing the point, but thats ok, and I don't hate you. I may disagree with you but that is a long way from hate. I was not waiving my enlistment in his face saying na na na na na na, I was making the point that you could take action instead of just talking about what you would do and using my enlistment as an example.

As far as counting myself with a fraternity that you say I don't belong. I have taken a oath and I't is not frivilous and without meaning, in fact it is very important to me. The fact is that when you sign and take the oath you are in fact in the Army. Your personal feeling's have no bearing on that fact. I dont feel the need to justify my point any further like I said before it seems like you just want to start :cens:.

What will keep me warm, and sharp, and learning will be the desire to fight for my country and do my part to protect our freedom's, not any negativity you try and throw my way, sorry chief your just not that important.

syc·o·phant
premium.gif
thinsp.png
/ˈsɪk
thinsp.png
ə
thinsp.png
fənt, -ˌfænt, ˈsaɪ
thinsp.png
kə-/
Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sik-uh-fuh
thinsp.png
nt, -fant, sahy-kuh-]
Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun a self-seeking, servile flatterer; fawning parasite.
[Origin: 1530–40; < L sȳcophanta < Gk sȳkophántés informer, equiv. to sŷko(n) fig + phan- (s. of phaínein to show) + -tés agentive suffix
thinsp.png
]

I see you like definitions...

How about this one:

"Insults, the sign of a weak mind" -unknown

Last edited:
As far as counting myself with a fraternity that you say I don't belong. I have taken a oath and I't is not frivilous and without meaning, in fact it is very important to me. The fact is that when you sign and take the oath you are in fact in the Army.

Do you have an ID Card?
All Members on Active Duty have an ID Card, I notice in your Profile it says you are on Active Duty.

Are you getting paid by the United States Military?
Active Duty Members are entitled to Pay.

Are you on Separate Rations or did you get a Meal Card to eat at the nearest Government Messing Facility?

Where would you report to sick call if you did not feel well?
Active Duty Members are covered by TriCare.

Gator, you are sorely remiss to be one to call someone out when in our private area you have yet to give details of your service you claim so as to be vetted by other members of this board as legitimate.

And if you took the ****ing time to read about people instead of just trolling you would know that Bjackson911 and I are brothers, real life in the flesh brothers.

Personally I do not believe you have served. I think you have spent a lot of time talking to former EOD techs but I do not believe your claim of service. And yes, its been forwarded to the admin and mods on the board and no I am not the only veteran or active duty member who shares this disbelief in your claims.

Gator, you are sorely remiss to be one to call someone out when in our private area you have yet to give details of your service you claim so as to be vetted by other members of this board as legitimate.

And if you took the ****ing time to read about people instead of just trolling you would know that Bjackson911 and I are brothers, real life in the flesh brothers.

Personally I do not believe you have served. I think you have spent a lot of time talking to former EOD techs but I do not believe your claim of service. And yes, its been forwarded to the admin and mods on the board and no I am not the only veteran or active duty member who shares this disbelief in your claims.

Just one question:
Who died and left you in charge?

GATOR doesnt have to justify anything to you anymore than your brother has to justify anything to anyone if there are issues that require moderators input then I am sure they can do it without your constant sniping and in private.

Do you have an ID Card?
All Members on Active Duty have an ID Card, I notice in your Profile it says you are on Active Duty.

Are you getting paid by the United States Military?
Active Duty Members are entitled to Pay.

Are you on Separate Rations or did you get a Meal Card to eat at the nearest Government Messing Facility?

Where would you report to sick call if you did not feel well?
Active Duty Members are covered by TriCare.

Let me first start by saying that you need to just stop. It does not matter what you think where he is concerned any more that it matters what I think where he is concerned. He took an Oath (yes, capital O). The fact that it means quite a bit to him and the fact that he takes it seriously is more than I can say for some "Active Duty" service members of any branch of the service. If you ridicule his values and mores what does that make you?

Gator
Yes I was issued a ID card. I dont give a damn about you and feel that I have no need to justify myself to a bitter old man who in my opinion is just an antagonist. Again chief your just not worth it. Have a nice life. If you have anymore questions why don't you direct them at your local recruiting station.

I see you like definitions...

How about this one:

"Insults, the sign of a weak mind" -unknown

That's a quotation not a definition.

In itself it is an insult therefore its poster offers a "sign of a weak mind."

Don't ya just love LOGIC. :cool:

I've given more then you will ever know, and, more than you would ever want to know.
I've also paid more Tax than you have in your 16 years on Earth.... the same goes for The Godfather.

Well done Gator. The war will be waiting for these young men. Many more will die before we get a president with the guts and intelligence to bring all the boys home.

No, not an insult more of an observation...

Ahh...no. Padre had it right. That it came from "unknown" rather than you, makes it a quote in that you are using their words instead of your own. Hence it also can not be an observation since observations are made by the first person (you).

That it is used in reference to a previous post(s) makes it an insult.

Like Padre I too love logic. Of course your logic and my logic may not be the same logic.

Now on the subject of logic and back to the topic . . .

Logic would dictate that if we removed US troops from Iraq or lowered troops strength that that would encourage increased attacks against troops left in theater. One COULD argue it would decrease attacks against troops left in theater.

I would agree only to point out that fewer troops = fewers troops to attack.

Of course the reverse to that is fewer troops to attack and keep track of = more insurgents that can focus on the troops left in theater.

Any wayu you look at it leaving fewer troops in theater can only be a negative thing. Increasing the force means we have more troops available for more interdictive type operations.

Last edited:
If we reduce the numbers of combat troops on the ground there is a point at which the hunter will become the hunted.

MarinerRhodes

Who says one cannot use a quote to describe an event (such as the unprovoked, nasty comments of another user here whom I wasn't even addressing. The observation I was making was that only fools use insults in order to communicate. I believe (though not sure) the quote comes from Socrates, who was using it to describe the debating tactics of some of his critics. Which was PRECISELY what I was doing. And believe me, if I wanted to insult him, I wouldn't have used a quote.

Here's another observation. You and I can calmly disagree without it getting nasty or personal. Which tells me you are MUCH smarter (and have better manners) than several other people here I could, (but won't) mention.

As for the Topic, I agree with you.

I think lowering troops numbers would only make US troops still stationed there more vulnerable. Thats why I think we need to withdraw completely.

Last edited:
MarinerRhodes

Who says one cannot use a quote to describe an event (such as the unprovoked, nasty comments of another user here whom I wasn't even addressing. The observation I was making was that only fools use insults in order to communicate. I believe (though not sure) the quote comes from Socrates, who was using it to describe the debating tactics of some of his critics. Which was PRECISELY what I was doing. And believe me, if I wanted to insult him, I wouldn't have used a quote.

Here's another observation. You and I can calmly disagree without it getting nasty or personal. Which tells me you are MUCH smarter (and have better manners) than several other people here I could, (but won't) mention.

As for the Topic, I agree with you.

I think lowering troops numbers would only make US troops still stationed there more vulnerable. Thats why I think we need to withdraw completely.

Thanks for the compliments, you are well spoken and have a tendancy to overlook some inflaming remarks. On the other hand I don't think the people you are thinking about and the people I am thinking about are the same people.

Topic:

So you agree that just reducing troops (draw down) would create more problems than do any good.

Now perhaps you would be willing to concede the point that submission in this situation can cause aggression to places and peoples outside the borders of Iraq and Afghanistan? Not that it would but that it could.

Furthermore if you concede that point then you must be able to look back over history and realize that no matter what happens, once we get done in the Middle East we will have these terroroists all over the world again instead of mainly concentrated in Iraq.

I wish I had the statistics of global terrorist activites before the war started and after the war started. Perhaps that would illustrate my point better.

Will have to look at this when I get home. Using someone elses computer and they don't have the Adobe reader on here.

I presume this gives a relatively accurate analysis regarding pre and post war terrorist activiy statistics?

Back