Iraq Prisons Stuff

Rotty261

I hope this is not a repost, I didn't see it but I could have missed it.

I just wanted to get everyones opinion on all the events of the stuff that happened in the prison over in Iraq.

In my opinion I think all of the photos were inappropriate, just cause even if you were ordered to do that stuff, taking photos of it is a horrible idea. Some of the photos showed things that could be used as interrogation techniques. But I have never seen nor heard of any interrogators using nudity or forced homosexuality as an interrogation tactic. I feel that the people behind all of this should be punished whether it is a commander or the enlisted folk that have been accused so far.

What does everyone else think?

If this is too sensitive of a subject feel free to delete it Mods......

No worries, we have discussed the Abu Ghraib scandal before, but not this specific aspect of it. I can't make any promises about how long it will stay open (these things can turn south real quick) but we'll burn that bridge when we come to it.

As far as interrogation techniques go, although they went far too far with some of them, it is understandable how those photographs could be VERY useful for interrogation purposes. If you take some extremist fundamentalist Muslim and take a picture of him laying on the floor naked with a female holding his leash, then show said photo to him and say "tell us what you know or we're going to make 5,000 of these and drop them over your hometown," I bet you dollars to donuts you'd run through a half a dozen tapes on you recorder.

I never even consider that to be a method, well put. I just think that alot of the the stuff was taken "way to far" as you said. But I would probably spill the beans if I were in their shoes and had to think about my wife, kids, and friends seeing a picture of me like that. But I can also say as an American service member it would take more than that to make me start leaking, a picture is nothing I would probably make a million dollars off of it in our country...LOL

I believe they went too far in what they did. I understand where you are coming from when you say it could be a good mouth opener, but the pictures show theses particular people laughing and pointing. I say these particular people because I don't want people to think that our whole military is like this.

I beleive they should be punished for what they did. (I don't know what came out of the whole deal) If they had actually gotten information, and the mood would have been more serious, I wouldn't have had so much of a problem with it.

did you see the beheading of that american? do you think that THEYmaybe went a bit too far? hm? :evil: no wonder i hate Edited: No racial slurs. Strike Two. Read the forum rules

i apologise, but seeing that video of the beheading of that american is annoying me greatly.

Warning peoples: extreme sarcasm alert ahead...

Now thats one of the main problems wearing the white hats, and cleaning up the town: you just cant do that kind of thing, and not have someone jump you about it.

Wheres the fairness of it all? there isnt any. During Gulf War I, did anyone happen to see what those aviators looked like after a few days of interagation? And this was from their professional army.

Yep, by our standards, what happened in the prisons to the prisoners wasnt kosher. I guess the world would have rather seen them beat up or shot. Its more acceptable.

Sarcasim alert over...time to go back to standing on our heads. :D

I have a really interesting interview with a buddhist monk on this very issue that is a good read.....

Anyway, I don't know what to think. Dexter (My guy in Iraq) didn't even know about them until I told him. I don't think they are even showing them to the guys over there right now......

Anyway, I've never been to war, so I feel like I can't say much about it.

Back