Iraq - entry or exit ?

How long will it take for Iraq to come out of the aftermath of the war?

• Some more months, once we get the top terrorist leaders then we're done.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One year - next months are critical for the building of Iraq new Army.

• Not less than 2- 3 yrs: and we'll have to stay there.

• Total voters
Cannon fodder is one of those expressions I don't care for when addressing warriors.

Maybe not but essentially thats what you are asking the UN to provide ie troops to replace US troops in order to reduce US losses to make things more palatable at home, now given that a majority of the UN member nations did not support the invasion of Iraq (for right or wrong I don't see the need to rehash that debate) and those that did have already provided military support why on earth would you expect the UN to get involved any more than they have especially when they were attacked on both ocassions they did get involved.

Man, all I can do is present the facts and reference them, what you choose to do with them is strictly up to you.

And I agree with you however I would strongly suggest that you read the list of resolutions and take out all the ones that that expired after GW1 such as:
UNSCR 678
UNSCR 686

Then remove all the ones that we now know they complied with even though "intelligence" said otherwise:
UNSCR 687 (with the exception of I think it was the Al Samoud II rocket but could be wrong)
UNSCR 707
UNSCR 715
UNSCR 1441

Then remove all the ones that when looked at objectively Iraq did meet but couldn't prove because no one believed them however two years of occupation has proved they met:
UNSCR 707
UNSCR 715
UNSCR 1051
UNSCR 1060
UNSCR 1115
UNSCR 1134
UNSCR 1154
UNSCR 1205

And what are you left with:
UNSCR 688 (Seems an adequate request but hardly earth shattering, however this was with the benefit of hindsight the only genuine justification to invade, its really a pity it only showed up as an after thought once the invasion was over and all the other "reasons" were found wanting.)
UNSCR 949 (umm well ok)
UNSCR 1194 (well given that Iraq believed it had complied with these resolutions and disposed of its "illegal" weapons and with the benefit of hindsight it appears they had this is a rather pointless resolution)
UNSCR 1284 (Again doesn't say anything overly useful)

Now in many of these cases I have used the term "with the benefit of hindsight" which some may consider a poor argument but the reality is that with the benefit of reliable accurate and unbiased intelligence in the first place this war could and more than likely would ave been avoided and countless thousands of people would still be alive, Iraq wouldn't be a mecca for terrorists and the US/UK/UN's international reputation would not have been flushed down the crapper.

So with all the negatives out of the way is it a bad thing Hussein is history no its not he was a dangerous guy who sorely needed a few grams of lead behind the ear to balance him up but thats just my opinion, you will also notice that Afghanistan is not mentioned here as I believe that was an example of a perfectly justifiable action that has been until now well carried out.

By the way, I can't glean a lot of information from your profile. It would sure help in considering your ideas on various subjects.

I don't put a lot of info into my profile simply because messageboards are impersonal places and I don't judge people on their past, present or future only on their posts and I expect the same treatment and consideration and to be perfectly honest I get somewhat negative when I read posts from people saying things like "I am not going to take advice from 16 year old cadet or 20 year old accountant or whatever" because age and experiences do not preclude a person from being right or wrong.
However if you wish to know more about my personal info I am more than happy to discuss it via PM as I don't consider it secret just irrelevant.

Well i think any nation that provides 1/4th of the UN budget and saved almost all of the major members from communism for a good couple of decades, this being the same nation that rebuilt those nations after WW2(even the ones it fought). Imagine if the US had employed this "you broke it you bought it policy" the world would be a much different place would it not.

Point being, I think the rest of the world needs to pull up there left-wing panties and help this nation, that has helped so many other nations build a successful democracy. Even as troubled as the situation in Iraq is it has already inspired several pro-democracy events in the region.

So congrats you left-wing foreigners you've successfully proven how mis-lead you are. Your the same people that think the great satan America has invaded the peaceful nation of Iraq and even though, almost all of your nations attribute your existence to America you will continue to hate us anyway because we are successful and you hate winners.

My 2 :cen: cents :rambo: :rambo:

Rabs said:
Well i think any nation that provides 1/4th of the UN budget and saved almost all of the major members from communism for a good couple of decades, this being the same nation that rebuilt those nations after WW2(even the ones it fought). Imagine if the US had employed this "you broke it you bought it policy" the world would be a much different place would it not.

Point being, I think the rest of the world needs to pull up there left-wing panties and help this nation, that has helped so many other nations build a successful democracy. Even as troubled as the situation in Iraq is it has already inspired several pro-democracy events in the region.

So congrats you left-wing foreigners you've successfully proven how mis-lead you are. Your the same people that think the great satan America has invaded the peaceful nation of Iraq and even though, almost all of your nations attribute your existence to America you will continue to hate us anyway because we are successful and you hate winners.

Good points Rabs but I think all our shots are just whistling through empty rigging. :D

MontyB said:
By the way, I can't glean a lot of information from your profile. It would sure help in considering your ideas on various subjects.

I don't put a lot of info into my profile simply because messageboards are impersonal places and I don't judge people on their past, present or future only on their posts and I expect the same treatment and consideration and to be perfectly honest I get somewhat negative when I read posts from people saying things like "I am not going to take advice from 16 year old cadet or 20 year old accountant or whatever" because age and experiences do not preclude a person from being right or wrong.
However if you wish to know more about my personal info I am more than happy to discuss it via PM as I don't consider it secret just irrelevant.

I don't judge your ideas by what your background is and I do not like to hide behind PMs a lot, otherwise we would not be a forum. Come on, we showed you ours, you show us yours.

Missileer said:
Rabs said:

Good points Rabs but I think all our shots are just whistling through empty rigging. :D

There were good points in there, care to share?

All I saw was the same tired "we won ww2 you owe us" and I will insult you by calling all who disagree "left-wing" rhetoric followed by an attempt to question the "manhood" of anyone who dares disagree, with the less "manly" terms of "panties" followed by the clumsy use of emotive terms like "great satan" and "democracy" I didnt respond yesterday when I saw it mainly because I didnt think anyone else was going to be silly enough to back it up.
Basically I smiled when I saw it as it reminded of the good high school days of [insert a 4 letter word for excrement here]-talk.

However if we are to take this seriously as an example the way the "right" thinks these days then I think I would sooner join the communist party than have my ideals perverted that far.

Kilgore said:
I hate this but i have to say that Iraq needs some hard arse leaders like saddam to deal with the insurgents. These rebels are the same people saddam had to deal with and he always managed to dispose of them. Because the nation is somewhat still an anarchy in plenty of regions, it gives these insurgents their chance to fight for their extreme political views.

Yep! 8)

Back