Iraq Deathtoll Expected To Reach 1,000

cPFC/SAJROTC

On Thursday as offensive operations commenced in Najaf, Iraq to eliminate radical Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr and his army, independant journalist website www.truthout.org (a collection of newspaper reports from international sources) reported that American casualties in Iraq are estimated to surpass 1,000 dead within the next week.

I am wondering what reactions you are all having to this news, and what reactions you hope are seen by others.

For an extended military campaign in hostile territory? 1000 dead is pretty damn light! Still, that's 1000 Americans that we'd rather not have lost, but such is the fortunes of war. So I guess the opinions are mostly going to be based on how everyone feels about our being in Iraq currently.

Still, if 1000 lost to an operation is enough to disuade any American from believing in a cause they once believed in ... that a sad, sad thing.

Unfortunatly, Americas resolve is not what it used to be, and many will not take kindly to this number. Let there death not be in vien, let us crush al-Sadr and his rebels.

I'd be surprised if we get out under 2,000 when all is said and done. This is not going to be over after Najaf, and all the wackos and ninny's will be using every chance to attack in the name of their BS gods for years to come. I hate that we lose some of the best men and women our country has to offer. But I do not see a realistic alternative. We can not stop until the point is made clear that we will not be tread upon....and that there will be repercussions for pursuing any fanatical attacks on our interests.

All I can say is for those who continue to attack us, make your peace with whatever heathen religion you believe in. You will not live to see the dawn.

Back