Iraq battle stress worse than WWII (UK Army) - Page 2

--

November 13th, 2005  
tomtom22

Bad shit!
Sounds a lot like what happened in VietNam after the Mi Lia/Lt Calley Incident
November 28th, 2005  
zyonchaos

This is a situation that the Armed forces find themselves in constantly whether its on a battlefield or on bog standard gate guard.
Our only option is to get our heads down and do f**k all otherwise we get screwed.
The last time I was on guard I was told by my instructor (or memory refresher as he refers to himself) that if I found myself in the situation of fire or not fire, I was to shoot to wound, then find out everything about the guy ie home address, family names etc then kill him and all his family so I didnt get sued!!!
Nobody takes it seriously anymore because we cant do anything unless they are posing a direct threat to us or someone else, and by that point its generally too late to stop them doing something!!!
November 28th, 2005  
Morten

ye it sucks...

and i cant agree more to the:
“The army is your family, isn’t it? You expect your
family to look after you through thick and thin, but they betrayed us. It seems that in the army’s eyes you are guilty until proven innocent.”

... ...

this is NOT the way to manage an army...
--
November 28th, 2005  
Sadist Dream

"War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over." -William Tecumseh Sherman

If it comes down to the lives of my buddies or the lives of our enemy don't think I'll hesitate to do what is necessary to ensure their mothers and fathers don't have to bury their sons, it'll be the other guy's parents.

I'd rather spend life in prison and/or be dishonorably discharged for doing the right thing than be at fault for the death of my buddies because I was worried about what the back home think. Take your politically correct utopian pipedream and shove it up your you Leftist .

You best hold onto this cloak of political correctness tightly, because it is the only thing that shields you from being revealed as traitors, the enemy within. Once that cloak tears your heads will roll in the streets of America, and the world.

A soldier lives the Values and the Creed, not the perverted values of the Leftists, and that is what is important, even when betrayed by the Army.

Loyalty?
November 28th, 2005  
Morten

sadist dream its not really like that... if they KNOW for sure that the person is trying to kill them yes they WILL shoot... :/ but if they're not 100% sure then they wont which results in an insurgent getting away :/
November 28th, 2005  
Sadist Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morten
sadist dream its not really like that... if they KNOW for sure that the person is trying to kill them yes they WILL shoot... :/ but if they're not 100% sure then they wont which results in an insurgent getting away :/
I understand that, but a soldier is never going to be 100% sure unless they are being engaged by the enemy, or the enemy draws their arms against them. What about VBIEDs, especially those that are commandeered by the enemy? Or suicide bombers?

You need to be right all of the time, the enemy only needs to be right once.
November 28th, 2005  
Morten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadist Dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morten
I understand that, but a soldier is never going to be 100% sure unless they are being engaged by the enemy, or the enemy draws their arms against them. What about VBIEDs, especially those that are commandeered by the enemy? Or suicide bombers?

You need to be right all of the time, the enemy only needs to be right once.
excatly!.. 100% agreed...