Iraq/Afghanistan veteran threatened in Mexico

rltgold

This is a story that has been happening to down in Sinaloa Mexico for the last few years in a small town called Celestino Gasca.

by rltgold » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:59 pm
Iraq veteran assaulted at Celestino's
This a letter I found today on another forum.

"Freesurfer
November 6th, 2011 on 6:28 am

My brother and I drove up from Mazatlan in July and parked about 5 kilometers south in a small village. We walked to to south point, paddled out and then paddled to the main point. No one was out as the surf was only about head high and had a little bump to it. Jeff paddled out and basically wedged himself next to me interfering with all my take offs. His wife paddled and tried to run me over. I laughed at both of them and kept surfing until we were surfed out. Not being afraid we hit the beach in front of the hotel and began to walk to our car. Omar came up to us and told not to come back without paying. I laughed at that and we kept walking. After about 10 minutes two municipal cops stopped us with M4s. They told us not to return without paying. I’ve survived four tours in Iraq and recently returned from Afghanistan. I wasn’t afraid of these guys either. I’m a fluent gringo and reasoned with the cops who ended up giving my brother and I a “ride” back to our car. I will surf there again and I’m not paying. Jeff and his bush-pig wife don’t intimidate me."

If you would like to check out the full story google Re: Surf Camp Violence

Keep in mind this is a public beach with 5 other resorts at Celestino Gasca but only one, Cardon adventure resort is using intimidation and violence to keep people out.

I suspect this loudmouth will become a news artical as a "floater" if he continues this.

His experience has taught him nothing of "situational awareness."

Back