Iran's real reason for going nuclear

gladius

Everyone isspeculating about Iran's ambition to build nuclear weapons, but few know the real reason for it. This reason is more than just political showmanship or ambition, it is more deeply rooted than that, and is the reason they will not easily give up on their path to nuclear power.

The real reason is rooted in Islamic prophecy in which the radical mullahs of Iran sees itself as playing a pivotal role in. They believe themselves the conerstone nation for ushering the coming of a great "guided" leader called the Mahdi (rightly guided one), who will united all of Islam and form an empire to wage war to counquer Rome (i.e. Europe, the West) on his road to global domination.

Sounds strange to us Westerners, but it is absolutely true. The president of Iran himself has called on his nation to prepare for the coming of the Mahdi. Their eventual goal is to become a mighty and modern Islamic power to enable the Mahdi unite his empire and have the means to challenge the West militarily.

[FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+2]Iran leader's messianic end-times mission[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]Ahmadinejad raises concerns with mystical visions

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]Iranian President Mahmoud's Ahmadinejad's mystical pre-occupation with the coming of a Shiite Islamic messiah figure – the Mahdi – is raising concerns that a nuclear-armed Islamic Republic could trigger the kind of global conflagration he envisions will set the stage for the end of the world...

[/FONT] [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]He sees his main mission, as he recounted in a Nov. 16 speech in Tehran, as to "pave the path for the glorious reappearance of Imam Mahdi, may Allah hasten his reappearance."
[/FONT][FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]According to Shiites, the 12th imam disappeared as a child in the year 941. When he returns, they believe, he will reign on earth for seven years, before bringing about a final judgment and the end of the world...
[/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]Ahmadinejad is urging Iranians to prepare for the coming of the Mahdi by turning the country into a mighty and advanced Islamic society and by avoiding the corruption and excesses of the West.....
[/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]
[/FONT][FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]All Iran is buzzing about the Mahdi, the 12th imam and the role Iran and Ahmadinejad are playing in his anticipated return. There's a new messiah hotline. There are news agencies especially devoted to the latest developments....
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]Ahmadinejad and others in Iran are deadly serious about the imminent return of the 12th imam, who will prompt a global battle between good and evil (with striking parallels to biblical accounts of "Armageddon")....

http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/newthread.php
[/FONT]

Even now Iran is preparing for a war they pray will happen in order to fullfill their prophecy. The problem is, that is not the Muslims alone who will cause this to happen, but the continuing erosion of basic Western values by a left-wing dominated Europe which fantasizes about pacificism, idealism and multi-culturalism, withouth seeing the danger caused by too much of this. It is this that will cause a future Europe to be a weak and attractive target for any future Muslim Empire.

[/FONT]

Last edited:
One of the greatest impediments in our war against jihadist terrorism is the misinformation, half-truths, and outright lies about Islam entertained by many of our public intellectuals. Examples are easy to find; here's one from the otherwise intelligent Gregg Easterbrook, Atlantic Monthly contributor and senior editor at The New Republic, from his recent book The Progress Paradox: “Most Muslims are good-hearted, peace-loving people, just as are most Christians and Jews. A small minority of Muslims are vicious fanatics. But then the Christian ethos has spawned its share of hideous killers, among them the terrorist Timothy McVeigh, and this tells us nothing about the typical Christian.” The obviously false analogy in the last sentence — McVeigh didn't kill with the sanction of Christian theology or belief, which has no doctrine remotely close to jihad, and millions of Christians didn't dance in the streets after the bombing in Oklahoma City — could stand as a textbook example of this logical fallacy...

...Politically, the myth provides psychic comfort for jaded Westerners, especially Europeans, who have made the devil's bargain to accept large numbers of Islamic immigrants as a source of cheap labor: “European states eyeing the rapid growth of their Muslim populations console themselves with tales of old al-Andalus, reassuring one another that Islamic hegemony not only wasn't all that bad — it was a veritable golden age.” Thus European and American politicians cater to Islamic immigrants, whom they believe will assimilate into Western society, their “tolerant” and “peace-loving” religion merely enriching the multi-ethnic tapestry...

...as history and Islamic doctrine show repeatedly, “Islam doesn't accept a position as just one among a community of disparate religions but must struggle to make itself supreme.”
http://victorhanson.com/articles/thornton080605.html

Some more light reading for those who wish to embrace Islam and its "peaceful tolerance".

plus I have my own personal belief that many of these leaders and Islamic fascists are being taught (instructed) by former Spetnaz.

I really don't believe this stuff. I DO belive that the Iranian leaders DO think they are the extension of the great Persian Empire and that they will rise again to be the world's superpower.

I think your wires are crossed bruv... the mullahs have about as much in common with the persian empire as I do with the winner of America's Next Top Male Model ( :roll: ) They don't see themselves in that light, they have established a theocracy based on Islam, a Muslim Utopia if you will, wherein there is absolutely NO connection to the Persian Empire of old and they know it. The Persian Empire was a monarchy and its religion Zoroastrian... something that simply won't do, even as a historical reference. Now the Shah, yeah, he seemed to have considered himself from that line but not these guys running the show since 1980.

You are both right in a sense.

I think WD simply got his empires mixed up.

The empires they believe themsleves an extension of, are the Caliphates or Muslim Empires, there were a few of them, the last of which was the Ottoman Empire which had a try at invading Europe. They believe in a coming revival of the Caliphate to once again establish supreme power. Their absolute belief in this is certainly significant and going to play a role towards future world events and makes the future situation so dangerous.

No, I do mean the persian empire. Religion and cultural history do not neccessarily have anything to do with one another. I'm an American and an atheist. The pilgrims where Christians, our founding fathers where Deists.

Iranians speak farci, not arabic. They have a huge ammount of difference between their culture and that of the rest of the middle east even if they share a religion. If you don't understand that Iran is Persia you really need to read up on the history of this important geopolitical culture.

And again, is the idea of the Caliphate mutually exclusive to a romanticized idea of the Persian empire? Instead of having a Cyrus the Great sit on a throne over the middle east, you'd have religious leaders.

I believe that the Iranians really do believe that this is a short retraction in the greater scheme of world power that has been caused by imperialist countries keeping Iran down. They believe that they are the strong Persian empire and they will rise to be a great superpower again because allah is on their side.

Last edited:
very wrong ....

iranians do not believe in the caliph since they are shia ... only sunnis believe in the caliph ...

Who the hell cares what the real reason Iran wants nukes is?????

All of your religiousity about Iran means beans.

We all know a wacko will end up using them the first chance they get - some of them are crazier than hooty bugs and they mean to wipe Israel from the face of the earth at the first chance they get.

Last edited:
The possession of nuclear weapons by a state like Iran is somewhat like handing firecrackers to a a 5 yr old. The results won't be pretty. The mullahs might well be motivated by some weird religious reasons. That in my book makes them even more dangerous to the region and the world as a whole. Iran wants to be a player on the world scene but they haven't proved to me that they are mature enough to possess the bomb. The sooner we take away this particular"firecracker" away from them, the safer we are all going to be.

Apparently they are some years away from actually constructing a workable nuclear device. Let's hope that is accurate.

Last edited:
If they keep the war talk going, it won't matter if they have an H-bomb or a firecracker. I think the EU and US are beginning to believe their threats to their neighbors and are considering pre-emptive strike.

The Saudi's have got in on the act and said it's all our fault.

clicky to Saudi stating that our provision of Nuclear weapons to Israel is a factor

Now, while I think they have a point, that of the west de-stablising a region due to provision of nukes to one country, it does smack of hypocrisy.

We have been propping up his corrupt and undemocratic regime for years. So now he's ready for democracy? I don't see it coming, nor do I see the US/UK pushing for it.

Peace!
if you don't mind!west strategists say in 1970 that equivalant between USA and USSR in atomic bombs make peace between them,fear of a fully atomicwar calmed their governments down and for exapmle at cuba crisis,america didnt attack Cuba or in Vietnam USA never say anything about USSR interfiering...
also I dont think that Iran need atomic bomb for this reason.hehe!men,a wise man said that a man should never says what he has got...who know:smaybe Iran has WMD already!

6.jpg

Outstanding Pic Phoenix80. I doubt whether the Iranians will smile much when the B-2's and F117's are flying overhead.

Cold Steel said:
Outstanding Pic Phoenix80. I doubt whether the Iranians will smile much when the B-2's and F117's are flying overhead.

It is some thing difficult to talk about but I am for a surgical strike to take out the leadership!

That helps a lot

I think Headspace has nailed the problem. "Surgical" is all relative. Depending on what you're striking, there's always collateral effects. The Air Force has the ability to strike any place on the globe with tremendous precision with a variety of weapons in very short order. The problem is the level of confidence you have that the strike will achieve what you want. How do you find out where the leadership is at any give moment? How many weapons will it take, since they aren't going to be in the same place waiting to get killed? What would the aftermath be? These are all pertinent questions that go beyond the mere ability to put a bomb on a point on the globe.

A surgical strike on the leadership with bombs require very exact intelligences sources. I don't have a lot of confidence in the CIA's ability to do that. Destroying Iran's nuclear capability by bombing and ground teams could probably be done but with a lot more US casualties. Let the Europeans monkey around with the issue some more. We aren't done cleaning up our other messes yet.

Back