Iran's real reason for going nuclear

Insight, A practical example of combining global reach with surgical precision occurred in the 90's in Belgrad when the Chinese Embassy was on the receiving end of a weapon delivered by the USAF because a targeteer misread a street map. Kind of like when the surgeon precisely amputates the wrong leg.

Cold Steel said:
Let the Europeans monkey around with the issue some more.

That's a good idea.

I just hope they don't wait too long, cos if they do, they may find themselves eventualy having to deal with a gorilla.

I came across this on UPI:

Tehran plans nuclear weapon test by March

WASHINGTON, Jan. 19 (UPI) -- Tehran is planning a nuclear weapons test before the Iranian New Year on March 20, 2006 says a group opposed to the regime in Tehran.
The Foundation for Democracy citing sources in the U.S and Iran offered no further information.
The FDI quotes sources in Iran that the high command of the Revolutionary Guards Air Force have issued new orders to Shahab-3 missile units, ordering them to move mobile missile launchers every 24 hours in view of a potential pre-emptive strike by the U.S. or Israel. The order was issued Tuesday, Jan. 16.
The group says the launchers move only at night, and have been instructed to change their positions "in a radius of 30 to 35 kilometers." Prior to the new orders the Shahab-3 units changed position on a weekly basis. Advance Shahab-3 units have been positioned in Kermanshah and Hamadan province, within striking distance of Israel. Reserve mobile launchers have been moved to Esfahan and Fars province.

source: http://www.upi.com/InternationalIntelligence/view.php?StoryID=20060119-075725-6399r

Blackwatch said:
I came across this on UPI:

Tehran plans nuclear weapon test by March

WASHINGTON, Jan. 19 (UPI) -- Tehran is planning a nuclear weapons test before the Iranian New Year on March 20, 2006 says a group opposed to the regime in Tehran.
The Foundation for Democracy citing sources in the U.S and Iran offered no further information.
The FDI quotes sources in Iran that the high command of the Revolutionary Guards Air Force have issued new orders to Shahab-3 missile units, ordering them to move mobile missile launchers every 24 hours in view of a potential pre-emptive strike by the U.S. or Israel. The order was issued Tuesday, Jan. 16.
The group says the launchers move only at night, and have been instructed to change their positions "in a radius of 30 to 35 kilometers." Prior to the new orders the Shahab-3 units changed position on a weekly basis. Advance Shahab-3 units have been positioned in Kermanshah and Hamadan province, within striking distance of Israel. Reserve mobile launchers have been moved to Esfahan and Fars province.

source: http://www.upi.com/InternationalIntelligence/view.php?StoryID=20060119-075725-6399r

I think it is highly unlikey they'd do that.

They must have at least 4-5 A-bombs before testing. It doesnt make sense to test the only bomb you got.

But it seems they dont have the A-Bomb yet!

We all know a wacko will end up using them the first chance they get - some of them are crazier than hooty bugs and they mean to wipe Israel from the face of the earth at the first chance they get.
:thumb:
Bones I love your posts.

Thats a very logical statement considering history and the way things are over there. Iran Nuclear= Trouble.
but for Iran taking over the West and becoming a Super Power?
-it's ok to dream.

Iran with Nuclear capabilities is nothing but trouble.

I read an article many weeks ago that the UN made an inspection of Irans nuclear development and as a requirement Iran had to hand over all their files involving the project.

And the inspectors found a manual,under piles of paper work,that showed how to create a component of a nuclear bomb.

When the UN inspectors approached the Iranian government on this they said that a Pakistani man gave it to them,they never wanted it.

Hmmm...Makes you wonder doesn't it.

Last edited:
The Iranian Nuclear Program is causing a great deal of tensions over, not just security, but also Economic factors. US Oil supplies are expected to drop or to reach to the "peak" where an increase of suppies will no longer happen, mainly due to the security issues involving Nigeria and Iran. There is reasons why Russia, India, and China are urging nations who are advocating and pushing for sanctions against India for immediate caution. Russia, India, and China are not politically motivated, due to their Economic investments in Iran. But the three already know that a Nuclear Armed Iran is seriously threatening.

Back