Irans President refers to Holocaust as a 'myth'

mmarsh

Here's the full story

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/12/14/iran.israel/index.html

This guy is unbelievable, not even Saddam Hussein or Quaddafi where this outrageous. This guy is doing everything in his power short of starting a war (which could be coming next). He seems absolutly determined to thwart the Isreali-Palestinean peace process.

Absolutly nothing will rub Europeaners the wrong way more than br disputing what happened in WWII. I will give Ahmadinejad this credit, he has actually began to grow a backbone in Germany and France as both countries are at least considering a military option to remove him.

I believe we should see this man as "the best man at the right place at the right time"! The more he shoots his mouth off, the more certain it will be that his nuclear program will never see the light of day.
Were he an amiable person with good diplomatic skill he would have rendered the international comunity powerless. But being an bull in a China-store....... bravo. Obviously he's got guts and obviously no brains!

this man will be Irans doom... no question about it... i'm convinced (many times now) that Iran will be the next battlefield... If Israel doesn't kick their ass'es the US and the allies certainly will...

atleast thats what i'm convinced about...:tank:

Morten brought up a good point. For all his rants about the evils of America and Isreal, the greatest danger the Ahmedinejad poses is to Iran itself. First the damage will be political, then economic and then if he still hasnt learned it will somesort of overthrow.

It should be fair to point out that half of all Iranians didnt vote for this guy and that they find his extremst views a throwback to the 13th century.

This man is not a lunatic. Actually, he is a brilliant local politician.

Most Iranians are under 35 years of age. They are terribly dissatisfied with the "mad mullahs." The dreadful economic conditions in a nation with enormous oil wealth are also a ticking time bomb. The young people, especially the educated ones, also chafe under the strict interpretation and enforcement of the ancient sharia.

The mullahs know that if they are to retain their dictatorial power, and not be overthrown, as the Shah was, by the angry young people, that they must focus that anger and dissatisfaction against Isreal and the west.

It is certainly terrible international policy, and it may eventualy lead to their downfall, but at the moment it's brilliant local politics, and it seems to be working for them.

he is mentally ill and is causing lots of troubles!

Regime Change in Iran is the only solution to help get rid of the ayatollahs

mmarsh said:
Morten brought up a good point. For all his rants about the evils of America and Isreal, the greatest danger the Ahmedinejad poses is to Iran itself. First the damage will be political, then economic and then if he still hasnt learned it will somesort of overthrow.

It should be fair to point out that half of all Iranians didnt vote for this guy and that they find his extremst views a throwback to the 13th century.

Yeah, actually probobly a lot more than 1/2 voted against him. Iran isn't a democracy.

localgrizzly said:
It is certainly terrible international policy, and it may eventualy lead to their downfall, but at the moment it's brilliant local politics, and it seems to be working for them.

It's worked for Chirac and Shroder for a long time.

Whispering

I cannot say if the actually voting was rigged or not, but the fact the Guardian Consel can Eliminate candidates from the election prooves that its not a republic...

Jäger said:
What do you mean by that?

Chirac and Shroder have both used a tactic of hate America first. So long as they could keep rallying popular support by bashing America and looking like big guys people arn't looking at crippling unemployment and all the other problems they're actually facing.

mmarsh said:
Whispering

I cannot say if the actually voting was rigged or not, but the fact the Guardian Consel can Eliminate candidates from the election prooves that its not a republic...

I can tell you that he was selected in a very sham election (like all other elections under the islamic regime) by the supreme leader

Whispering Death said:
Chirac and Shroder have both used a tactic of hate America first. So long as they could keep rallying popular support by bashing America and looking like big guys people arn't looking at crippling unemployment and all the other problems they're actually facing.

Don't know about Chirac, but Schröder (even if I never liked him) never made the people hate America, he just refused taking part in the Iraq war and that's not generaly against US.
You are right when you say, that he tried to cover his own errors by pointing on other issues, but that was not the major reason for that

I was watching CNN and they had a show on the new remarks of the president of Iran and the reactions of the world community to such dumb statements!

And out of nowhere, they showed a scene in which Hon. José Manuel Barroso was talking to reporters regarding Ahmadinejad's speech in the city of Zahedan.

In unusually strong comments, European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso said Iranians "do not have the president, or the regime, they deserve."
"It calls our attention to the real danger of that regime having an atomic bomb," he said.

And then he said something like "I respect the culture of the Iranian people and they are a great nation..." [I haven't been able find this last sentence printed any where yet]

This is indeed good news and showing that even Europeans have become aware that the Iranian people do not deserve such a dangerous regime.

http://thespiritofman.blogspot.com/2005/12/unusual-comments-from-eu.html

Whispering

I cannot speak from Shroeder, and I certainly dont like Chirac, but Chirac has never run a reelection campaign on a anti-American platform, (I have have witnessed 2 French elections) Chirac is right wing, and that happens to be the pro-US part of French government, the left wing is traditionally more anti-US.

UPDATE... UPDATE... UPDATE...

Truck full of fake ballots detained at Iran-Iraq border. Anyone care to guess where the truck from? 3 Guesses, first 2 don't count.

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/12/13/iraq.main/index.html

Last edited:
localgrizzly said:
This man is not a lunatic. Actually, he is a brilliant local politician.

Most Iranians are under 35 years of age. They are terribly dissatisfied with the "mad mullahs." The dreadful economic conditions in a nation with enormous oil wealth are also a ticking time bomb. The young people, especially the educated ones, also chafe under the strict interpretation and enforcement of the ancient sharia.

The mullahs know that if they are to retain their dictatorial power, and not be overthrown, as the Shah was, by the angry young people, that they must focus that anger and dissatisfaction against Isreal and the west.

This is exactly the same policy as implemented by the CCP in China focusing the people's angst against Japan by constantly picking at the scab of WWII. It is most effective unfortunately because of the system of education.

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Question: Who is he really a danger to?

Answer: To himself first - some of the Mullahs are liable to view him as a major danger to their power and have him removed.

To Iran itself - the type of tirade he is raising (as viewed by the rest of the world) will cement active opposition to Iran throughout the world and can very likely spur military operations against Iran itself. The coalition of forces would very likely include forces that would rather not be involved in this issue (other Islamic countries).

KEEP TALKING MR. IRANIAN PRESIDENT - YOU ARE THE BEST FRIEND WE COULD ASK FOR.

The sentiment he is preaching is also shared by many right wing neo-nazi and fundamentalist christian groups. It could make for some strange bedfellows.

Back