Iran's Military

You did fight to the death, but the first time around, you lost anyway.
Pillaging, raping and looting? Well that's just traditional war. That's how things were in the past. Only in very recent history has this act been frowned upon. It happened all the time, everywhere. When you won your fight, it was expected that you had the right to carry home whatever you could carry.

Chinaman said:
nah, china would fight to the death for manchuria, even the nationlistics would

anyways, the russins looted manchuria, so theyve got the goods

i dont get it, wuts with german, japanese and russian soldiers with pillage, raping and looting, it will not help with the war

The Soviet Union was invading Manchuria at the end of WWII, only days before America dropped the Atomic Bombs. Stalin wanted a warm water port, he wanted Korea, but he would take Manchuria too if he got the chance because of it's industry and agricultural value, which is what he tried to do. He invaded on the basis of removing the Japanese, much like Eastern Europe, but he was forced to stop because of the Japanese Surrender.

There is not justification for what Japan did to China or Korea, but war is a terrible thing and it brings the best and the world out of people, unfortunately it is more often the latter.

first...tell u again..it was not an invasion, it was a part of agreement between Rooselt and stalin, to eliminate the japanese Guan Dong army in manchuria...althogh soviets did loot away some machines...they give the land back and also weapons to chinese army..

back to topic....

iranians still use human waves tactic right? as they did in 1980s in war with iraq

Sexybeast said:
iranians still use human waves tactic right? as they did in 1980s in war with iraq

I don't know, ask the CIA, they have people on the ground in that country, they would know, if I had to take a guess I would say yes because they do not have the technology to use any other style of fighting, and if it is anything like Soviet or Chinese human wave tactics only about 1/2 of the men actually have weapons, but with the lowered prices of weapons and I sure everyman will have an AK-47 variant of some sort and atleast two magazines.

they are not dumb enough to charge in front of tanks and helicopters and B-52s....

there will be tons of urban wars...RPG shootings from corner...attack supply lines..suicide bombs shit..

maybe even terriost attack back to U.S

rocco said:
conventional war: no chance

unconventional war: this is what i fear.

But IF (big if) Iran has a nuke or other WMD's they are going to be in limited supply, given the current strategies of western armies the Iranians would only be able to kill about 40,000 troops, max, but if it is used against an urbanized area that would spell problems. (Most likely targets would be New York, Washington D.C., London IMO, that is assuming it is ship borne though.) Possibly killing millions with a nuke depending on it's yield.

HI,

Day in and Day out i see people Raising a Eye-Brows on Human Wave tactics...................When it's a war it's all About Winning there is no greater Loss thab Loosing the War ....................Human wave tactics if use effictively can be very lethal .................as Saddam Came to know...............Inspite of having Millitary Superiority and Professional traning ...........Saddams Millitary has a very tough time against Iran's Poorly trained and organised MIllitary.

After the First Push by Iraquie's Iran knew straight away that they were n match for the Iraques..............they didn't have Sufficient Equipment for Clearing Mine Fields ............nor Millitary traning and organisation.............So they decided that Human Wayes was the Call of the day...............Might seem Cruel to some ........ but straight away it worked ,..... Iraq requested a Sease Fire and withdrew form Iran ..................Iran Rejecte the Seace Fire and Continued on with a Goal to eliminate Saddam .

In Certain Sutiations Human waves are always used Not as Millitary Doctorine..... but Achiving small Goles like Capturing or Achiving Certain targets During the War............I see it during battels all the time .......... and it's at times Quite affictive too ................sometimes it could cost you more dearly to waite than to order your Solders to march Forward .......( Small time we are talking about like Capturing certain enemy Post etc. not part of the overall Millitary Doctorine but Need of th Hour in the Feild )

Were Iran wrong in using Human Waves ?.............. My answer is NO they were not.

It's been a long while since ............... Iran has Come out of age since then .........they have aquired many New Wepons and Traning for their Millitary .................Iran Straight away knew that Muslim Countries Would not help them ( because of the Shia - Sunni and Arab - Persian hatered) .............. So they Started developing Contacts with Non-Muslim Countries Like Russia and India .

Taliban in Afganistan is one Such Example when India - Iran came together Millitarily and decided that Northern Allience has to be protected.

They would have been in Isolation form West for a long time now ........... and sometimes Mmillitary Doctorines Developed in isolation can Surprise the Enemy.

Peace
-=SF-13=-

The problem was that they used waves of poorly armed militia, mostly older men and young(12-15 years old) boys. That is nothing but child-abuse. Even if a country must use its young boys to protect itself, surely they can be used in better ways than to hurl them selves at entranchments. In many cases the human waves worked because the Iraqi troops couldent take the mental effect of mowing 13 year old kids down, and simply were too shaken to keep up this massacre.

SHERMAN said:
The problem was that they used waves of poorly armed militia, mostly older men and young(12-15 years old) boys. That is nothing but child-abuse. Even if a country must use its young boys to protect itself, surely they can be used in better ways than to hurl them selves at entranchments. In many cases the human waves worked because the Iraqi troops couldent take the mental effect of mowing 13 year old kids down, and simply were too shaken to keep up this massacre.

It appears to be like Psychological warfare than a conventional human wave attack, but at the expense of the lives of many young ones.

Well, I don't find the idea of 13 years olds fighting inconcivable..Sometimes a nation is so desperate...but surely a better tactic...

SwordFish_13 said:
HI,

Day in and Day out i see people Raising a Eye-Brows on Human Wave tactics...................When it's a war it's all About Winning there is no greater Loss thab Loosing the War ....................Human wave tactics if use effictively can be very lethal .................as Saddam Came to know...............Inspite of having Millitary Superiority and Professional traning ...........Saddams Millitary has a very tough time against Iran's Poorly trained and organised MIllitary.

After the First Push by Iraquie's Iran knew straight away that they were n match for the Iraques..............they didn't have Sufficient Equipment for Clearing Mine Fields ............nor Millitary traning and organisation.............So they decided that Human Wayes was the Call of the day...............Might seem Cruel to some ........ but straight away it worked ,..... Iraq requested a Sease Fire and withdrew form Iran ..................Iran Rejecte the Seace Fire and Continued on with a Goal to eliminate Saddam .

In Certain Sutiations Human waves are always used Not as Millitary Doctorine..... but Achiving small Goles like Capturing or Achiving Certain targets During the War............I see it during battels all the time .......... and it's at times Quite affictive too ................sometimes it could cost you more dearly to waite than to order your Solders to march Forward .......( Small time we are talking about like Capturing certain enemy Post etc. not part of the overall Millitary Doctorine but Need of th Hour in the Feild )

Were Iran wrong in using Human Waves ?.............. My answer is NO they were not.

It's been a long while since ............... Iran has Come out of age since then .........they have aquired many New Wepons and Traning for their Millitary .................Iran Straight away knew that Muslim Countries Would not help them ( because of the Shia - Sunni and Arab - Persian hatered) .............. So they Started developing Contacts with Non-Muslim Countries Like Russia and India .

Taliban in Afganistan is one Such Example when India - Iran came together Millitarily and decided that Northern Allience has to be protected.

They would have been in Isolation form West for a long time now ........... and sometimes Mmillitary Doctorines Developed in isolation can Surprise the Enemy.

Peace
-=SF-13=-

dude, that is a lot of dots.

Iraq never requested a cease fire, Iran did after they got the sh*t scared out of them with sadaams chemical toys. Iraq was, militarily, doing quite well in 88 vs the Iranians, and the effects of a few short term succeses notably on the Al Faw peninsula had been reversed by the nerve gas and the like.

Hi,

victortsoi said:
Iraq never requested a cease fire, Iran did after they got the sh*t scared out of them with sadaams chemical toys. Iraq was, militarily, doing quite well in 88 vs the Iranians, and the effects of a few short term succeses notably on the Al Faw peninsula had been reversed by the nerve gas and the like.

Nope Not Quite Right ...............When Saddam Attacked his Initial Plans were to get rid of the Iranian leadership in a Short time frame.................And Initial Iraque's Gain Showed it was very well Possidle ...................Iraqie's Just ran through the Iran Initially.................Saddam planned a quick victory over Tehran................ Saddam expected the invasion of the in the oil-rich area of Khuzistan to result in an Arab uprising against Khomeini's Islamic regime.......... This revolt did not happen .......... and the Arab minority remained loyal to Tehran.

In the 1982 Iraq seeing that easy victory not possible.............and demoralised by Iranian Human wave tactics .......... ( Young Girls just walking over Mine feilds to clear them and young Boys as Cannon Fodder and the More experienced Iranina Troops behind them ) ........... Retreated Hoping that Iran would Cease Fire ........................They used various tactics Like Inflicting Huge Human Damage ........Using Those Chemical and Biological wepons to kill as many as possible ..... to get Iran to the Table for talks...........Inflict as much Damage as possible so that iran comes to table for Talks................But Iran By then had other plans ..They plnned a Saddam has to go so they Continued on with the War ignoring any peace offers form Iraq.........after 1982 Iraq's Primary gole changed form a Offacive to Defencive .

They even Dug their some of their tanks and used them as Artallry Pieces rather offencively. :roll:

Read More about the War here

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Even if Iran got nukes.. I doubt they will dare to use them.

They'll get themselves killed if they use nukes because of massive retaliation.

And I think a lot of terrorists are hiding in Iran. They have escaped from Iraq and Afghanistan.

The US have to get in to Iran to rid these rats (terrorists). It's the terrorists' final HQ

If it's not the US who will do this good thing for the world.. who can and will among the nations?
;)

Back