Iran's Military - Page 2

--

August 23rd, 2004  
SHERMAN

I do believe(although Im not at home right now, so I dont have ny books), that it is similar to the function of the Iraqi Republican Guard. However, while the Iraqi Guard was ment to be an armored force, Im preety sure the Irani Guard is mostly infantry. Either way, the quality is poor.
August 23rd, 2004  
GuyontheRight

So were talking no Mech or Armored Divisions? One more question, is this a valid military force, or are these people gonna run around In jeans and a polo fired Ak's?
August 23rd, 2004  
SHERMAN

They are uniforned, but, as always in a-asimetrical warfare, they will probably go to gurilla if they get beaten in the field.
--
August 23rd, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
Has Iran imported any of the newer Soviet model Tanks/APC'S?
The problem with the Russian/Iranian connection idea is that the two countries hate each other. Iran was very concerned with the idea of becoming "the next victim to fall" to the Communist Empire after Afganistan was invaded. I don't know a great deal of details after the end of the Cold War.
August 23rd, 2004  
GuyontheRight

The why Is Russia a leading power In supplying Iran with Nuclear facilities?
August 23rd, 2004  
SHERMAN

Cash.
August 24th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
The why Is Russia a leading power In supplying Iran with Nuclear facilities?
If you have been in REAL "internatinal military forums", you would see how iranians piss off russians (no respect at all), and same for russians towards iranians. I found this very strange, since iran relies a lot on russian help especially in nuke ones, well maybe the attitudes of governments are bit different than the ones of the normal people.
For russians, their only care money, it does not matter too much for them to whom they are selling.

A couple of years ago, the russian extreme right-wing leader was openly talking about conquering iran and wash their red army boots in the warm persian gulf waters
August 24th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Id hardly call Putin an extreme right wing leader