Iran's Hizbollah says ready to attack US, Israel

"They have been trained and they can become fully armed. We are ready to dispatch them to every corner of the world to jeopardise Israel and America's interests. We are only waiting for the Supreme Leader's green light to take action. If America wants to ignite World War Three ... we welcome it," he said.
Yeah, the peace loving Hizbollah.

These kind of cowardly comments are why I believe we need to address the countries that support these cowards. If it means that we must bring pressure to bear on the rest of the unaligned countries ... so be it. Money, shelter, food and information are what make it possible for these cowards to function in so many corners of the world. It is time for us to inform friends and countries that are not so friendly, that it is no longer business as usual. We can no longer sit on the sidelines and hope that the UN will take care of these problems.

As long as there is one terrorist group that is supported by ANY country, nobody is safe.

Oh great. How responsible and diplomatic. They may as well just say "hey, coalition of the willing, come and kick our teeth in". It'd be quicker.

Chief Bones said:
These kind of cowardly comments are why I believe we need to address the countries that support these cowards. If it means that we must bring pressure to bear on the rest of the unaligned countries ... so be it. Money, shelter, food and information are what make it possible for these cowards to function in so many corners of the world. It is time for us to inform friends and countries that are not so friendly, that it is no longer business as usual. We can no longer sit on the sidelines and hope that the UN will take care of these problems.

As long as there is one terrorist group that is supported by ANY country, nobody is safe.
The United States cant afford to confront all terrorist-supporting countries...We aren't doing real hot on this war, let alone a multi-front one...I agree that as long as terrorism continues to be supported, terrorism will exist, but the United States can't do it alone. Even with 2 or 3 countries backing us up, we can't beat ALL terrorist organizations.

C/1Lt Henderson said:
The United States can't afford to confront all terrorist-supporting countries...We aren't doing real hot on this war, let alone a multi-front one...I agree that as long as terrorism continues to be supported, terrorism will exist, but the United States can't do it alone. Even with 2 or 3 countries backing us up, we can't beat ALL terrorist organizations.
Where did I say that the US has to confront ALL countries that support terrorism. What I said was
"we must bring pressure to bear on the rest of the unaligned countries"
What this means is that we need to create a coalition of ALL the non-terrorist supporting countries to help send the message that supporting terrorism was NOT going to be overlooked anymore. Bringining pressure on non-aligned countries is just one way to accomplish this.

Sure, we could send that message...We could talk the talk, but when push came to shove, could we walk the walk? Could the coalition really back up saying that? It might not be overlooked anymore, but does that mean they would DO something about it? I don't see it going farther than political pressure, if that.

C/1Lt Henderson said:
Sure, we could send that message...We could talk the talk, but when push came to shove, could we walk the walk? Could the coalition really back up saying that? It might not be overlooked anymore, but does that mean they would DO something about it? I don't see it going farther than political pressure, if that.

IF ... and I say again ... IF ... the coalition were big enough and IF the coalition were to say enough is enough, then I believe that terrorists would find themselves between a rock and a hard place with NO PLACE to hide.

What makes terrorism so effective, is the money, shelter, food and information that civilian communities in various countries supply to the terrorists ... removing these items from the mix will leave the terrorists no option but to come to the table and really reach an accommodation with the coalition ... it's either that or they die.

I realize it is simplistic in nature ... but ... the most effective plans are sometimes this simple.

Saber rattling and it appears to be having the intended effect. Let me ask you a rhetorical question, that is the all inclusive plural form of "you", if some little :cen: in a bar who is half your mass starts talking crap are you compelled to fight? Or do you shake your head and laugh at them and continue to enjoy your night out? Who cares what they say?? If and when they get froggy then you simply monkey-stomp their 4th point into next week. It doesnt require hand-wringing and histrionics.

bulldogg said:
Saber rattling and it appears to be having the intended effect. Let me ask you a rhetorical question, that is the all inclusive plural form of "you", if some little :cen: in a bar who is half your mass starts talking crap are you compelled to fight? Or do you shake your head and laugh at them and continue to enjoy your night out? Who cares what they say?? If and when they get froggy then you simply monkey-stomp their 4th point into next week. It doesn't require hand-wringing and histrionics.

You make a certain sense IF you are talking about just one individual ... where the rub comes in when you are talking about Hezbollah/Hamas is that it isn't just one person (or) just one country supporting terrorism. Every other country in the world needs to realize that they could be the next target of terrorism and if one nation is the target of terrorism, then all countries are targets.

A coalition of nations, placing countries that support terrorism on notice that they will no longer have the unfettered freedom to do so, appears to be the ONLY plan that appears to have a real chance of defeating terrorism worldwide. With a coalition, a monstrous club instead of a little stick would be the response of non-compliance. The Taliban learned this lesson ... they are no longer a force to be reckoned with. Nuff said?????

I don't see a difference so I will simply agree to disagree with you as I know my mind won't change. I see it pretty simple, if you know you can kick someone's :cen: then you don't care what they say, to my mind this applies in bars as well as international diplomacy.

BD
If it were only so ... just think ... two countries have a major difference and to settle the issue, they both send their champions into the circle and whichever champion wins, his country is crowned as the victor.

OH, if it were only so ....... what a saving of human life that would be.

Of course we do, afterall half of us are sending donations to our local hezbollah branch. So long as you state a claim defending some of the things terrorists do in complicated situations, you're unconditionally supporting them. Right guys?

WarMachine said:
Of course we do, afterall half of us are sending donations to our local hezbollah branch. So long as you state a claim defending some of the things terrorists do in complicated situations, you're unconditionally supporting them. Right guys?

Wrong. I was referring to some people who openly and wholeheartedly wished long life to Hezbollah and wished a peaceful rest to Basev the children's butcher.
In fact, he got banned, and mine was a provocation. 'Nuff said.

As far as I know, you hardly find a Persian supporting Arabs against Israel and most Iranians of different backgrounds believe the Arab-Israeli conflict shouldn't concern them at all. Iranian people have always been angry at the mad mullahs for their endless aid to terrorist organizations across the globe. Many argue that the money spent on foreigners should be given to the Iranians at home and the money should help them have better living conditions. Now, even left wing media such as Time magazine or NY Times admit to this fact:

Time Magazine:
  • A Persian proverb: "If the lantern is needed at home, donating it to the mosque is forbidden..."
The New York Times
  • Arab countries are not supporting Hezbollah, but my country [Iran] is? They are giving my share to the Arabs.”
Once the current regime in Tehran goes away, Iranian people will have better living conditions too! It's all about time.

The Shotgun

They have to make sure that the corruption is taken care of as well. That's what brought down the shah and it will bring down any govt that continues to act the same whether it's a theocracy or a democracy.

The #1 thing hurting Iran right now is the numerous trade restrictions and poor domestic economy. If they can't fix that, then ideology alone won't keep iranians faithful to their regime.

Back