Iran's 2nd Fighter Passes Tests Successfully

phoenix80

Banned
Iran's 2nd Fighter Jet Passes Tests Successfully

TEHRAN (Fars News Agency)- Iran on Sunday successfully test flied its second home-made fighter jet called 'Azarakhsh' (lightning).

An informed source from the public relations of Iran's Air Force told FNA here today that the test fly had been carried out in the presence of the Defense Minister, Brigadier General Mostafa Mohammad Najjar, and a number of senior military officials in the central city of Isfahan.

The source also extended his congratulations to the Iranian nation on the successful test of Azarakhsh.

Iran's defense minister earlier announced that the newly designed and manufactured Azarakhsh would go on test during air force maneuvers.

Azarakhsh is Iran's second home-made fighter jet after Sa'egheh (thunder).

If it ain't broke then don't fix it!!!

All aircraft big, small, Old, New, share one key charateristic....

Then can all go down in Flames...

12_860515_L600.jpg

Hurting

They must be hurting real bad to even bring up a thrown together bag of junk like this to the press. To me this is pure internal PR to show the people or the masses that the military can stand up the United States and others. This just shows how little the average Iranian sees or knows about their own air force and military in general. You know I give too much credit to Iran because I think they have more will then most in the region. This brings me back down to earth a little and makes me remember how badly they did against Iraq's military for what almost eight years. You can't win battles and wars with brain washing alone it takes leadership. While the current government is in power they don't seem to have that. Sending others including children to kill themselves seems to be their government level. There's very little chance the general public knows any of this only what's shoved in their faces.

Yeah, it's kinda odd.....

I guess they know that Iran is under the spotlight and marked as a rouge regime. And if one rifle is handed to them by the Russians, it may make them look bad.

The Russians are smart, we all know we don't want to go through that again.

I can't believe they denied Su 30s for this?

To some degree creating a home grown weapons industry makes sense as it reduces dependancy on others for your defence which as Iraq found out can be blocked by embargo's and sanctions just take a look at how useful those F14s were to them.

As to the quality of the aircraft well without the spec's its hard to say I would suspect it is below standard for a modern fighter but hey they have to start somewhere and reverse engineering helps a lot.

The U.S. weapons industry is a world supplier. But, the arms market is like a coin, the legal, and the illegal. Depends who's favor your in. If you are a very good ally, then importing arms from your powerful supplier, is not such a bad idea. Since, if you maintain their interest, then, you have their expertise, and equipment, to hold off a enemy from somewhere outof the bush. Oh, and , be ready to empty your pockets to.

But, even the U.S. started out small, in the mist of giants, sure it was a different time, but, same principle.

True but if you put your capacity to defend yourself in the hands of another you better be damn sure that supply is fail safe back in good ole days of the cold war you were pretty much assured of supply from one side or the other but now that is no longer the case therefore a home grown arms industry is a sound defensive move.

However in the short term buying top grade gear is also makes sense as it gives you access to high quality equipment that can greatly shorten the time and development costs of your in house equipment.

True but if you put your capacity to defend yourself in the hands of another you better be damn sure that supply is fail safe back in good ole days of the cold war you were pretty much assured of supply from one side or the other but now that is no longer the case therefore a home grown arms industry is a sound defensive move.

However in the short term buying top grade gear is also makes sense as it gives you access to high quality equipment that can greatly shorten the time and development costs of your in house equipment.

You must realize, that, if you buy outside arms, they arrive, faster, and allows you forces to train immediately now they have weapons. And, it may be sound to have a home grown military arms market. But think about it? What if you nation has a lot of one thing, and not of other resources? Food, fuel, water, ect...

That means you would have your arms market stopped dead, and you plans to make your own military machine if embargoes are emplaced on materials used to make supplies and military equipment. This would really hurt island nations.

It's easy to, your enemy strikes your factories, and your importation centers, and your arms while they are still partially assembled. If you import, it still has it's advantages, but what if you have no factories to protect? Then that means you can place your military forces in hiding, and ambush a enemy. Throw some IR netting on those fighters, and put them in the middle of nowhere! Dig in and give the grunts time to work tactics, if their is no time, then spread supplies thin, in order to not have to much in one place (like a factory, or supply area) to have them readily available and to minimize the enemy taking them out all at once.

But, over all, you better be good at politics, cause confusing an enemy's ambassador, or prolonging a meeting of a coalition's leaders, in the end will be all that matters , time is of the essence. Buying it is critical, assemble your arms , and be ready, with what you have, not what you can get or make, if your enemy is thinking about taking your cities, and replacing your ideals.

Last edited:
Back