Iran's 2nd Fighter Passes Tests Successfully

I have to disappoint you here... Nothing in that machine was locally produced.
Oh okay, so this is yet another instance of the underdeveloped nation ordering the parts from ... Russian black market, unofficial Chinese or Western European source, wherever .... and then assembling it themselves???

If that is the case, then "home grown Iranian fighter" is a load of bullcrap.

Oh okay, so this is yet another instance of the underdeveloped nation ordering the parts from ... Russian black market, unofficial Chinese or Western European source, wherever .... and then assembling it themselves???

If that is the case, then "home grown Iranian fighter" is a load of bullcrap.

Unfortunately it is the case!

Iran will have to make miraculous leaps and bounds in order to form a effective home made aircraft, let alone a modern airforce.

Iran's military will never win a normal war against the "Great Satan". They know it, this is all show boating.

Iran's military strategy lies in Fourth Generation Warfare. Hidden weapons caches, citizen militias, terrorists, etc... The whole idea of bogging down US Armed Forces and hitting them in the rear. Basically what is happening in Iraq right now.

Iran's military will never win a normal war against the "Great Satan". They know it, this is all show boating.

Iran's military strategy lies in Fourth Generation Warfare. Hidden weapons caches, citizen militias, terrorists, etc... The whole idea of bogging down US Armed Forces and hitting them in the rear. Basically what is happening in Iraq right now.

Heard that Congress is trying to pull out of there, growing impatient, it's been to long without immediate results. Huh, .... It's like poking a stick at a hornets nest, and then walking away, you know they will eventually catch up to you and sting you in the back.....

Then same may be true for Iran, after Iraq, if this nations fears another bogged down conflict. Then, Iran can do what it wants basically, unless some other nation steps up to the pedestal, and takes the role of dominate power in the world.....

No matter how you look at it, learning from Iraq, if Iran did start picking at the U.S. , then, what can we do? Even though we can stand up to it militarily, and there are ways you can fight the combat style of terrorists, and insurgents, (they may not always be humane) , its sad, but, we wont......

This makes me curious .... how many nations in the world possess the capability to produce a top notch fighter (or top notch BIGGER military hardware of any sort) without any outside entity making the parts for them, etc?

Seems that almost every "first world" nation has that capability. All of the former USSR has that capability. Most of Europe as well. The more developed nations of Southeast Asia too. But ... I don't know of a single predominantly muslim nation but if anyone can give me better information please do. And the continent of Africa only has one that I can think of: South Africa. None of Latin America that I'm aware of. China and India are even questionable on this score.

None of Latin America that I'm aware of.

Brazil.... They make great airliners, fast trainers like Tucano, and maritime patrol aircrafts. Air Canada bought many many of the Embraer 175, 190s last year for short distance flights in North America.

Their most famous aircraft manufacturer is the Embraer... google it

Back