Iranian General Vows "Astonishing" Attacks

Whispering Death

What I want to know is what is your guys' reactions to this?

TEHRAN (AFP) - Jafari, the commander of the Revolutionary Guards' ground forces, said Iran now had to capacity to defeat any invader in the space of just weeks. "We pushed the Baathist enemy from our country within one and a half years," he said, referring to the opening campaigns of the 1980-88 war with Iraq. "With the experience and skills from that war and in the case of any invasion, the invaders will be defeated in less than one and a half months," Jafari said. "Even though the US and Israel do not have the courage to invade the Iranian nation, the Revolutionary Guards are in very good state of readiness to response to threats," General Yahya Rahim Safavi said.

My feelings where humor at first because he's as ludicrous as the Iraqi Information minister but then they moved to "Really? Well let's just go in there and call this guy's bluff!"

Its dumbasses like that who provoke us into war and after we crush them the world looks down on us as an oppressor.

I heard something like this before. Lemme see where ..................Oh yeah that Mother of all Battles thing some dweeb in a funny beret was spoutin in 90 and 91. Worked out well for him.

But I heard again recently........Oh yeah some other guy in a beret sain There are no American tanks in Baghdad.

The most damage these guys can do, and is significant, would be to make things difficult in the straights of Hormuz, bringing shipping insurance levels to ridiculously high levels. That will probably affect the economy of the West badly.

Big_Z said:
Its dumbasses like that who provoke us into war and after we crush them the world looks down on us as an oppressor.

X2

A lot of trash talking, but he deep down inside knows the reality.

ladies and gents, america's new enemy : Iran

they have alot of strategic importantce and well as a military threat

to some countries they are a military threat and to some other countries its a chance to reconize and have a friendly relationship with emerging iran.

I tend to disregard those types of comments. I suggest you do the same. What does the quote from some Iranian General have to do with us? The US isn't going to be provoked by some :cen: and we shouldn't be either.

Iran is merely apart of a broader "phantom" coalition of Islamic fascist, there is nothing new about them being our enemy.

Either way, I could care less what this general says- their technology is outdated compared to America's, and I have no reason to believe their training has had any significant improvements sence their last military encounter.

Not that it matters, the USA hasn't enough ground troops to spare to garrison such a large country.

China is an opportunist nation, it really doesn't seem to have allies. Merely friendly relationships to secure a few coins here and there, always something to expand China's prosperity. With exception to North Korea..

Didn't stop the Israelies very well when they flew in and bombed the crap out of their nuclear power plant that was making plutonium.

Didn't stop the Israelies very well when they flew in and bombed the crap out of their nuclear power plant that was making plutonium.

That was in Iraq...

As to the statment...The Irani's did drive the Iraqis back, but it took them 8 years, no a year and a half...It almost destroyed their country and did destroy their army, which they are still rebuilding. For anyone to make a statment like that is stupid and unrealistic, let alone a country that has a poorly trained and equipped like Iran. If I was an Irani General, I would start preaparing my army for war, instead of BSing...Id try to make sure my army dosent collaps like that of Saddam...

Can be a very good idea, If Abbas and Sharon get along and there are progress in those needed peace talks in Israel, I would not want to be a Iranian General witout alot of Zulfiqar tanks for protection to the "Revolutionary Guards" thats for sure. :lol:

Cheers:
Doc.S
:viking:

When you are an absolutist government, it behooves you to make statements like this. Of course the USA would not be driven out "in a matter of months". It may be pure nonsense, but you have to pacify your people and give them assurances telling them that "We are safe, there is no danger."

Any form of non-democratic government that acknowledges to its people that they would probably lose if they were invaded -- isn't going to stay in power for long. Otherwise, you look weak and you are ripe for overthow.

Oops, Sherman, got my "I" countries mixed up. Well, still if Iraq with Saddam in power was no match for their flight in, I seriously doubt the Iranians could do much better.

SHERMAN said:
Which is why the Iranis spread their nuclear program all around their country... :?

Hehe, lesson well learned...

My personal opinion is that the US can't repeat Iraq in Iran...not that I'm bashing American armed forces but there's only so much you can do at one time.

I read today in our local newspaper which quoted a Financial Times reporter who wrote that the Iraq campaign is swallowing 5 billion $ a month.
You do the math from here on.

godofthunder9010 said:
When you are an absolutist government, it behooves you to make statements like this. Of course the USA would not be driven out "in a matter of months". It may be pure nonsense, but you have to pacify your people and give them assurances telling them that "We are safe, there is no danger."

Any form of non-democratic government that acknowledges to its people that they would probably lose if they were invaded -- isn't going to stay in power for long. Otherwise, you look weak and you are ripe for overthow.

Aye to that.

As long as nation building isn't a mission in Iran, it should be rather successful militarily.
But politically and diplomatically I think any such action will be a real loss to the US.

the_13th_redneck said:
As long as nation building isn't a mission in Iran, it should be rather successful militarily.
But politically and diplomatically I think any such action will be a real loss to the US.
Therein lies the dilema: Once you invade and oust the ruling government of any country, Nation Building cannot be avoided anymore. You can't just pack up and leave a nation in complete chaos, that would be extremely irresponsible.

The fun part is, everybody is guaranteed to accuse say that was your primary purpose for invading to begin with.

It seems US want to setup a big big regality,and all obey what he says
Whispering Death said:
What I want to know is what is your guys' reactions to this?

TEHRAN (AFP) - Jafari, the commander of the Revolutionary Guards' ground forces, said Iran now had to capacity to defeat any invader in the space of just weeks. "We pushed the Baathist enemy from our country within one and a half years," he said, referring to the opening campaigns of the 1980-88 war with Iraq. "With the experience and skills from that war and in the case of any invasion, the invaders will be defeated in less than one and a half months," Jafari said. "Even though the US and Israel do not have the courage to invade the Iranian nation, the Revolutionary Guards are in very good state of readiness to response to threats," General Yahya Rahim Safavi said.

My feelings where humor at first because he's as ludicrous as the Iraqi Information minister but then they moved to "Really? Well let's just go in there and call this guy's bluff!"

Back