Iranian forces crossed Iraqi border

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
http://www.breitbart.com/print.php?id=070625232254.etwt6z5u&show_article=1

Iranian Revolutionary Guard forces have been spotted by British troops crossing the border into southern Iraq, The Sun tabloid reported on Tuesday.

Britain's defence ministry would not confirm or deny the report, with a spokesman declining to comment on "intelligence matters".
An unidentified intelligence source told the tabloid: "It is an extremely alarming development and raises the stakes considerably. In effect, it means we are in a full on war with Iran -- but nobody has officially declared it."
"We have hard proof that the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps have crossed the border to attack us. It is very hard for us to strike back. All we can do is try to defend ourselves. We are badly on the back foot."
The Sun said that radar sightings of Iranian helicopters crossing into the Iraqi desert were confirmed to it by very senior military sources.
In response to the report, a British defence ministry spokesman said: "There is evidence that explosive devices used against our troops in southern Iraq originated in Iran."
"Any Iranian link to armed militias in Iraq either through weapons supply, training or funding are unacceptable." Britain has about 7,100 soldiers in Iraq, most of whom are based in the southern city of Basra and surrounding areas, though the government has pledged to reduce that to between 5,000 and 5,500 this year.

Question

Is this a foot patrol and/or a patrolling helicopter? I assume if it was a larger force they would receive a reaction? What does Iran's army have stationed on the border? If some 155mm was drop on there patrol while inside Iraq could they really complain? :smile:

Shades of the Soviet and Chinese advisors in Vietnam... the Chinese and Soviet pilots in Korea... hmmm... Iran is itching for a go with the beast.

Iranian regime is doing what the Soviets did back in 1960s to 1980s

Funding terrorists, re-arming insurgents, hurting the US interests and entering a useless mini arms race with its neighbors.

We all know the outcome!

so quick to say they are doing what the sov's did during the cold war....but you leave out the fact that the US was doing the exact same thing throughout the cold war...and on into today

personally i'm not surprised that Iran would try to engage UK & US forces in iraq, considering the amount of "you're next" rhetoric being sent their way.

you have given them the excuse to engage forces in iraq, rather than their own borders.

rather than letting their own people's desire for change drive things, you have driven them even deeper into a fortress mentality

You're right its all our fault. Its America's fault the Iranian Revolutionary council ordered Hezbollah to take Americans hostage in Lebanon during the 80's. Its America that forced the Iranian leadership to declare the holocaust a hoax. Its America's fault the world isn't all sweetness and light... we probably caused WWII as well. Wow, finger pointing is almost as much fun as sniping.

Last edited:
so quick to say they are doing what the sov's did during the cold war....but you leave out the fact that the US was doing the exact same thing throughout the cold war...and on into today

personally i'm not surprised that Iran would try to engage UK & US forces in iraq, considering the amount of "you're next" rhetoric being sent their way.

you have given them the excuse to engage forces in iraq, rather than their own borders.

rather than letting their own people's desire for change drive things, you have driven them even deeper into a fortress mentality

I see the Communists' point of view here!

Yep, it is America's fault that Iranians kill Americans on a daily basis in Iraq. Bad Bad America... woohoowooohooo

Iranian regime is actually doing what the Soviet Union was doing during 1960s and 1970s. I mean, mullahs are funding the terrorists all around the world and train, fund and re-arm them, just like the Soviets back in 60s and 70s when they had their hands full in Vietnam, Yemen, Oman, Angola, Africa and ....etc in order to dominate the world and hurt the US interests.

Now read this report:
  • Iranian Revolutionary Guard forces have been spotted by British troops crossing the border into southern Iraq, The Sun newspaper reported on Tuesday.
This means the mullahs of Iran want a confrontation and they don't care if the victims of their stupidity would be innocent people of Iran. Mullahs must be removed from power before they initiate a human tragedy by entering war. Mullahs must be brought down in the same way Soviet Union brought down! Wake up the free world!

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right its all our fault. Its America's fault the Iranian Revolutionary council ordered Hezbollah to take Americans hostage in Lebanon during the 80's. Its America that forced the Iranian leadership to declare the holocaust a hoax. Its America's fault the world isn't all sweetness and light... we probably caused WWII as well. Wow, finger pointing is almost as much fun as sniping.

hey hey hey now....back the train up matey

i never said "it's all your fault" , i was just suggesting that you cant draw single conclusions and say that the iranians a taking plays out of the dirty tricks book provided by the sov's.....when the US had it's own playbook filled with just as many dirty tricks from the cold war. it's BOTH those playbooks that have placed us in the global situation we all find ourselves in today

if you want me to point out a few truth's in the matter....the US is at least partly responsible for the iranian situation throughout the past 40 years, from attempting to prop up the shah's regime (which of course led to and even worse regieme gaining favour), through to the contra cluster ****, and now waving the ban hammer in their direction after invading neighbouring Iraq.

let alone the wests training and arming of the taliban during the 70's & eighties

you have to look back further....to the root causes of the situations

I see the Communists' point of view here!

Yep, it is America's fault that Iranians kill Americans on a daily basis in Iraq. Bad Bad America... woohoowooohooo

well...hate to be the one to point this out, but maybe they wouldn't have had the opportunity to "kill Americans on a daily basis" i the US wasn't up to it's eyeballs in a pointless war waged for fictitious reasons

now you may as well get used to me disagreeing with you two on a whole raft of issues, but in no way am i going to blame the US for all the worlds evils ...no kiwi who knows there history ever would, but calling me a commie or a lefty is going to do nothing more than make me laugh at your ignorance and presumption

you can try and discuss facts, and your opinion....and we can all treat each other like thinking adult human beings....or you can spout rhetoric to a room for of vacuous nodding heads mindlessly agreeing and not thinking about much apart how the world is out to get the US cause we're all "jealous"

/rant

Last edited:
You are doing it again! America does not get involved in pointless wars. It sacrifices its sons on the front line of the battles which must be faced on behalf of the world. And all those who now point the finger sit back and let them do it. Do you think that USA intervention in Indo-China did not slow the progress of the domino effect, and take the sting out of the threat? Do you feel that that they did not hold the line in South America? Do me a favour.

When the Islamic challenge from Indonesia etc., eventually comes for you, to whom will you turn? America - the great Satan - the only entity capable, willing and ready to stop the mad ambitions of these primitives. Why the great satan - because America is the only barricade that thwarts their great slimy plan. (And yes - we do have to look further back - about 1300 Years.)

If this were not so - it would already be over. And just look out for Africa.

GOD BLESS AMERICA. Curses to those who would break its spirit.

Command the future, conquer the past.

Last edited:
a pointless war

The rules of this forum prevent me from redressing that comment in the manner I feel most appropriate. You are in a forum populated with men and women who have served and have friends and family serving and a careless (giving you the benefit of the doubt) turn of phrase like that PISSES ME THE **** OFF... and I am not alone in that feeling. Once you or yours have asses in harm's way you can run your suck and say crap like that without drawing the ire of those who do.

I also am painfully aware of the futility of raging at someone through the internet and wish it were not so. Sleep well knowing some poor bastard on the pitch this Sunday will take a hit with your name on it since I seem to have developed something of a rage control issue of late. Thank God for rugby.

you can try and discuss facts, and your opinion....and we can all treat each other like thinking adult human beings....or you can spout rhetoric to a room for of vacuous nodding heads mindlessly agreeing and not thinking about much apart how the world is out to get the US cause we're all "jealous"

/rant

See I knew you would get it in the end, you cannot argue with with fanboys who do little more than publish blogs, posters and hide behind patriotic/religious/ideological rhetoric while never actually contributing or investigating anything, they simply parrot whatever the official line is from their website of choice.

As many have discovered its far easier to simply let these posts scroll off the board than it is to argue with people who aren't listening and given time you will figure out which of the boards members are worth responding to and which aren't.

Last edited:
Once you or yours have asses in harm's way you can run your suck and say crap like that without drawing the ire of those who do.

my friends and family have served in bosnia east timor, bouginville afghanistan and iraq (the joy of having family on both sides of the tasman)

and from discussions i have had with them, plus my own reading and research i feel pretty rock solid in my statement about iraq. and nor will i be bullied into changing or retracting it.

but i see you have made you choice on which you prefer, an adult discussion or the empty room of agreement....so i will leave it at that

Disagreement is fine except when the choice of language insults those making the ultimate sacrifice.

Disagreement is fine except when the choice of language insults those making the ultimate sacrifice.

no , it doesn't insult them, nor their sacrifice. soldiers go where their asked, do what their told and NO ONE can fault them for that.

but when those soldiers are sent for the wrong reasons, thats where i get all bent out of shape. but im not American, so my opinion is irrelevant i guess, no matter what my background, knowledge or opinion is. and im sure the Iraq issue has been thrashed to death here already.

i'm talking about those who sent them. but yes...off topic as all hell.

Inferno, I get hot at times but rest assured it is rarely personal. I understand what you are saying but might you see how your first off the cuff remark is quite different than this one here? Further defining what you think to be "pointless" would eliminate any angst and although we might disagree on the merits of TWAT and Iraq in particular, there will be less heat in the discussion if more definition is provided in the commentary so as not to be construed. This medium is frought with problems, no tone, no body language, no facial expression, over 54% of communication is non-verbal so in this medium additional verbage is required to ensure what one meant is what others read. You are also fighting against a stacked deck since others before you on this subject have run afoul of many of us through comments that insulted the sacrifices being made by our friends and family.

One rule of thumb I'd seen offered elsewhere for guidance on this subject is this... word something so that if it were a stranger talking about your wife or child you would not find occassion to be insulted.

That said I am not without sin in this area.

hey hey hey now....back the train up matey

i never said "it's all your fault" , i was just suggesting that you cant draw single conclusions and say that the iranians a taking plays out of the dirty tricks book provided by the sov's.....when the US had it's own playbook filled with just as many dirty tricks from the cold war. it's BOTH those playbooks that have placed us in the global situation we all find ourselves in today

if you want me to point out a few truth's in the matter....the US is at least partly responsible for the iranian situation throughout the past 40 years, from attempting to prop up the shah's regime (which of course led to and even worse regieme gaining favour), through to the contra cluster ****, and now waving the ban hammer in their direction after invading neighbouring Iraq.

let alone the wests training and arming of the taliban during the 70's & eighties

you have to look back further....to the root causes of the situations

well...hate to be the one to point this out, but maybe they wouldn't have had the opportunity to "kill Americans on a daily basis" i the US wasn't up to it's eyeballs in a pointless war waged for fictitious reasons

now you may as well get used to me disagreeing with you two on a whole raft of issues, but in no way am i going to blame the US for all the worlds evils ...no kiwi who knows there history ever would, but calling me a commie or a lefty is going to do nothing more than make me laugh at your ignorance and presumption

/rant

Wake up

Iranian regime has been killing Americans since 1979.

1- US embassy Hostage Crisis in Tehran
2- Lebanon USMC barrack explosion
3- American Hostages in Lebanon
4- Khobar towers in Saudi Arabia
5-...
6-....

Should I name a few more?

You are doing it again! America does not get involved in pointless wars. It sacrifices its sons on the front line of the battles which must be faced on behalf of the world. And all those who now point the finger sit back and let them do it. Do you think that USA intervention in Indo-China did not slow the progress of the domino effect, and take the sting out of the threat? Do you feel that that they did not hold the line in South America? Do me a favour.

When the Islamic challenge from Indonesia etc., eventually comes for you, to whom will you turn? America - the great Satan - the only entity capable, willing and ready to stop the mad ambitions of these primitives. Why the great satan - because America is the only barricade that thwarts their great slimy plan. (And yes - we do have to look further back - about 1300 Years.)

If this were not so - it would already be over. And just look out for Africa.

GOD BLESS AMERICA. Curses to those who would break its spirit.

Command the future, conquer the past.

WoW!

Well said, my friend! :horsie:

Is this a foot patrol and/or a patrolling helicopter? I assume if it was a larger force they would receive a reaction? What does Iran's army have stationed on the border? If some 155mm was drop on there patrol while inside Iraq could they really complain? :smile:

There is somewhat of a credibility problem with this report though and I am surprised our media critical right wing friends haven't spotted it yet but I will post a clue:

The Sun tabloid reported on Tuesday
It is at this point people actually looking for good/accurate journalism would have clicked the back button and moved on to page 3.

Seriously guys is there one mainstream media outlet corroborating this story and not quoting its source as a tabloid maybe one or two are quoting some old Archie comics perhaps we could check with the Onion as a viable source?

Last edited:
Back