tomcatsonic_jpg.jpg

photo1.jpg

iiaff14s_jpg.jpg

IIAFF-14x5_jpg.jpg

f14ground_jpg.jpg

f14.jpg

F14AtaxiKhatamiAFB_jpg.jpg

IIAFafirstF-14_jpg.jpg

the 1st is the one that purchased by the Shah of Iran but never delived, 2nd and 4th ones are the US Navy Aggressors

Hi,

phoenix80 said:
the 1st is the one that purchased by the Shah of Iran but never delived, 2nd and 4th ones are the US Navy Aggressors
As far as i know [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]79 Tomcats were delivered to Iran in 1978 :| .... [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]An intial order for 30 F-14s was signed in January 1974, and this number was later increased to 80 ...........[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica] Deliveries continued until 1978 when the 79th unit was delivered, one F-14 remaining in the US as a testbed. ............[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica]Some 714 Phoenix missiles were also ordered, but only 284 of these were delivered by the time of the Iranian Revolution in 1979. .

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Further 160 F-16's Were Ordered on October 27th 1976 with follow up order of additional 140, A total of 300 aircraft......... The New Government of Iran cancelled the order in 1979 before the schedule arrival of the first two F-16 .......... these Aircrafts were Later Sold to Israel and Ground Support and Maintaince Equipment to Pakistan
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica]

f14_14.jpg

f14_16.jpg

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Peace
-=SF-13=-
[/FONT]

Last edited:
phoenix80 said:

The 2nd, 3rd and 5th have American markings on them while the 4th has Iranian ones.

Am I first American to post this thread? Did Iran steal American's design for F-14?

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
The 2nd, 3rd and 5th have American markings on them while the 4th has Iranian ones.

The 3rd ones are Iranians'. The pic was taken during the delivery flight

fox said:
Am I first American to post this thread? Did Iran steal American's design for F-14?

Nope... LoL
Iranian Air Force bought 78 F-14As in late 1970s (between 1977-1979)

:)

Swordfish

Did you pay a visit to http://iiaf.net

hahahaha

Fox said:
Once upon a time, Iran was extremely friendly and on excellent terms with the United States. The ruler of their nation was the Shah. The F14's you're seeing were ordered under his regime. Iran's current government that has such absolutely terrible relations with the United States was a Islamist revolution led by the Ayatola Khomeni. This led to the taking of American hostages, etc. Its all legit, lol.

Hi,

Hey Foxy Did you read my Above Post buddy ........... They Bought them ..... not just that F-14 But they Also Paid money for 300 F-16 's :pirate2:

This Was this Proximity to the West that Led to Shah's Downfall .........

Swordfish

Did you pay a visit to http://iiaf.net

hahahaha
Yupo .... a Iranin Friend Showed me Iranian F 14 i didn't knew they Still Operated them ....... they Maintain and produce Spares themself .......:CG:

It really amazes me the Amount of Self reliance they have in wepons Production and Maintaince .......... Apart form USA and Russia ( which can be called Fully self reliant ) i think Iran is the Only Other County that can be called Some sort of Self reliant in terms of Wepons Production ( in developing Countries ) ........ I seriously belive Iraninan MIllitary is highly Underated .

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Last edited:
It is important to mention that all the F-14's suffered mysterious mechanical problems after the Shah was overthrown, 26 years of almost zero maintenance and no spare parts (other than those scrounged from other F-14's.) means that it is highly unlikely that any of these planes can even be pulled down a runway, much less actually take off.

There are many theories that American defense contractors sabotaged the planes before they fled the nation when the Shah was overthrown. I think the best one I have ever heard (and I don't mean best as in most likely) is that the F-14's weapons systems were implanted with a virus of some sort so that if the weapon systems were engaged they would somehow destroy themselves, kind of putting the pilot in a bad spot if they were say, attempting to engage an Iraqi aircraft.

Damien435 said:
It is important to mention that all the F-14's suffered mysterious mechanical problems after the Shah was overthrown, 26 years of almost zero maintenance and no spare parts (other than those scrounged from other F-14's.) means that it is highly unlikely that any of these planes can even be pulled down a runway, much less actually take off.

There are many theories that American defense contractors sabotaged the planes before they fled the nation when the Shah was overthrown. I think the best one I have ever heard (and I don't mean best as in most likely) is that the F-14's weapons systems were implanted with a virus of some sort so that if the weapon systems were engaged they would somehow destroy themselves, kind of putting the pilot in a bad spot if they were say, attempting to engage an Iraqi aircraft.

FUNNY... What do you know about Iranian Air Force that makes you talk like one who served in their air force?!

F-14's weapons systems were implanted with a virus of some sort so that if the weapon systems were engaged they would somehow destroy themselves

Watched JAG on this? LOOOOOOOOOOOL

phoenix80 said:
FUNNY... What do you know about Iranian Air Force that makes you talk like one who served in their air force?!
That's how people in the Iranian Air Force talk? In an abstract sort of way guessing the entire time and bullshitting the rest? God help Iran if a crop duster ever decides to shoot up one of their bases.

Watched JAG on this? LOOOOOOOOOOOL

I told you, I liked that one, didn't mean it held any truth.

Last edited:
King said:
Weren't all this weapons were give to Iran so that they can fight Iraq?

Nope!

Iran was a member of CENTO (Branch of NATO) until 1980 and therefore Iran received all the stuff they ordered to stand a possible Soviets' invasion!

But Iraq has always been number one enemy of Iran in the past decades and given the fact that USSR used to arm and support arab governments thru the mideast, then Iranians (persians) had to acquire their weapons from the western bloc to encounter the Arabs.

Good to know that during the 1973 Israeli-Arab conflict and oil embargo, Iran was the only country which sold oil to Israel and the rest of the industrial nations.

Hi,

1iriafairforce0023ss.jpg

1iriafairforce0002ch.jpg

Source
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]IRAN CLAIMS ABILITY TO FIX MILITARY AIRCRAFT

[/FONT]
spaceclearline.gif

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
NICOSIA [MENL] -- Iran has claimed the ability to repair and overhaul military aircraft.The Defense Ministry said it has been overhauling both Western and former Soviet-bloc military aircraft. The ministry cited both fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters.Hossein Alaie, director of the ministry's aviation industries department, said Iran was capable of repairing virtually every platform in the military. He said Teheran gained the expertise over the last 10 years amid the Western military embargo on Iran.Alaie said the aviation department could overhaul more than 20 engine models, 80 fixed-wing aircraft and eight helicopters. He said they included civilian and military aircraft.[/FONT]

these are pictures from the place that they fix the planes:

40et.jpg

19hk.jpg

Iranian F-14 wnet through full upgrade and they have new
avionics (and of course a LCD) Iran is currently working on a new jet fighter called Shafagh.

Iran can fully maintain its F-4, F-5 and F-14 and all the spare parts are currently being made in Iran........... Iran already makes a varient of Phoenix and also uses a new guided missiles too...

I am sure you are familiar with this:
U28P27T1D273452F3DT20050316101817.jpg

here is the Iranian version:
fat8dk.jpg

fat20jq.jpg

fat39wk.jpg

Last edited:
Im not too worried about there new "fighter" but some of those reverse engineerd AMX9s scare me a bit.

Back