Iranian ex-presidents annouced uranium enrichment at industrial level.

mmarsh

Read Link Below

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/11/AR2006041100605.html

or

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/04/11/iran.nuclear/index.html

Lord, what a mess. Im afraid the only thing the Iranians are going to respond to is force, and America REALLY doesn't need a 3rd military conflict right now, espically against another muslim country. All that would do would play up al Qaida propaganda that the US is anti-muslim. The last thing we need are more al-Qaida volenteers.

Part of this mess is the Bush Administrations fault, because their wreckless and ill advised invasion in Iraq caused 2 paranoid two-bit dictatorships to become convinced that they were next and thus N.Korea and Iran ramped up its R&D of Nuclear weapons.

That being said, whats done is done and we cannot undo it. On one hand I cannot even imagine how bad an idea it is to allow Iran to get the bomb. On the other hand how do we prevent them from doing so?

Last edited:
mmarsh said:
That being said, whats done is done and we cannot undo it. On one hand I cannot even imagine how bad an idea it is to allow Iran to get the bomb. On the other hand how do we prevent them from doing so?

You already know the answer to that one:

Lord, what a mess. Im afraid the only thing the Iranians are going to respond to is force, and America REALLY doesn't need a 3rd military conflict right now, espically against another muslim country. All that would do would play up al Qaida propaganda that the US is anti-muslim. The last thing we need are more al-Qaida volenteers.

And you're right, that's the last thing we need right now.

I agree PJ24. I do not want to see the US drawn across so broad a playing field. We have the manpower but we do not have the "willing" manpower to go to war in another country. You would be seeing servicememebrs doing 2 year tours instead of the 9-12 month tours they do now.

Marinerhodes said:
I agree PJ24. I do not want to see the US drawn across so broad a playing field. We have the manpower but we do not have the "willing" manpower to go to war in another country. You would be seeing servicememebrs doing 2 year tours instead of the 9-12 month tours they do now.

I concur. So what are the US options now?

Marinerhodes said:
I agree as well. War is the last resort.

War is always the last resort. But face the facts.

The UN is an outdated piece of crap. They haven't sovled a problem since they were created.

Also, the IAEA is nothign but a laughing group. They have no real power.

What it comes down to is two simple answers.

1) EUROPE/RUSSIA/CANANDA gets off their collective asses and tells IRAN to stop what they're doing to get the crap beat out of them.

or

2) The USA once again steps up to the plate and does the job that no one else will.

Hopefully, the USA wont do it alone again.

(Not insluting our allies in Iraq and Afghanistan.)

5.56X45mm said:
War is always the last resort. But face the facts.

The UN is an outdated piece of crap. They haven't sovled a problem since they were created.

Also, the IAEA is nothign but a laughing group. They have no real power.

What it comes down to is two simple answers.

1) EUROPE/RUSSIA/CANANDA gets off their collective asses and tells IRAN to stop what they're doing to get the crap beat out of them.

or

2) The USA once again steps up to the plate and does the job that no one else will.

Hopefully, the USA wont do it alone again.

(Not insluting our allies in Iraq and Afghanistan.)

I'm in full agreement, dude. I hope option #2 doesn't happen.

Well you can't invade and stay. That will cause incredible problems for the US and the Middle East.

Bombing facilities will disrupt the Iranians but they will be more determined to press ahead and rebuild their program again and again. More hate will be generated against the US. (Do you really want more???)

The US is just going to have to keep talking and cut some deals. This probably won't work. The US will probably have to come to terms with a nuclear armed Iran. A bit like NK.:pray:

Sticks and stones may break me bones but words will never hurt me... why would anyone care how much they are or are not hated? Neither love nor hatred pays the rent.

bulldogg said:
Sticks and stones may break me bones but words will never hurt me... why would anyone care how much they are or are not hated? Neither love nor hatred pays the rent.

Well you got my opinion. I see danger signs flashing. I hope the US shows plenty of wisdom in dealing with Iran. The country is very different to Iraq.

So if I understand this correctly: You guys don't want war, but dismiss diplomatic options before hand because you reckon it won't work! Then you'll go to war anyway and blaim the others because you are fighting.. again!
You all are aware that it is easier and quicker to sent a Tomahawk then a diplomatic team? It takes time and you'll have to give it time. If you think there isn't time left then don't pretend you want this option. Just say you want the job done quickly, so you want to bomb 'm!

Ted said:
You all are aware that it is easier and quicker to sent a Tomahawk then a diplomatic team? It takes time and you'll have to give it time. If you think there isn't time left then don't pretend you want this option. Just say you want the job done quickly, so you want to bomb 'm!

There's only so much time that can be given. Once they purchase and install the centrifuges, we'll have to act. Luckily, those are expensive and hard to come by, so that would give us some time.

We've been staring through the sights at Iran for sometime now, and everytime they've made an aggressive movement, we've held back on the trigger. There's no reason to think we're going to jump into this halfcocked, now. Especially with our current situations.

We know, I believe, that if we hit Iran we'll also develop problems with China and by default, Russia. This is a messy situation. Unfortunately, diplomacy has never worked very well with Iran, and it isn't (I feel confident enough to say that) going to work now.

So, we'll trade words, ideas and try to work out compromises, but in the end, I believe it's going to take superior firepower on our part to end the threat. Let's just hope that's not for some time. There is no way we're going to "deal" with a "nuclear armed Iran," nor should we. They're too dangerous not only to us, but others to allow that to happen.

Until then, we should work hard on the population. Nothing would be sweeter than to help facilitate a small revolution within the country. It has been ripe for one for years.

I think behind the scenes talks with China are going to pick up very soon, and I think whatever we do, they'll be included.

strongbow said:
Well you can't invade and stay. That will cause incredible problems for the US and the Middle East.

We wouldn't need to invade Iran. Hitting key facilities would be enough to remove the direct threat. This would be done by SOF boots on the ground and planes above. It is very unlikely you would see us do this without massive political support from our allies or unless they were an immidiate and direct threat to us or one of our allies.

Iran now has enriched uranium. It won't take too much to make it into a missile with a moderately limited range.

I mean look at it one way, they are testing new missiles with farther range, they are in "tense" negotiations with various countries, they now have enriched uranium, it paints a pretty threatening picture to me. Deterrent my ass. This is a country that I feel could and possibly would use the "threat" of nuclear detonation to get what they wanted.

The world got about 8 months to un**** themself before mr Mahdi will crawl up from that well, cause what everyone have missed with the Iran issue is that it is nothing like the Iraq conflict that was completly unessesary in the first place. However Iran has a leader that will fulfill a prophecy, I shit you not and when that happens you should prepare yourself for a nuclear war. You dont put on a condom if you aint going to drill something. You are dealing with a extremist dicatorship that makes Saddam Husseins old regime look laim in comparison. If Iran get that bomb, I can bet my balls they will use it, cause there are no reason for Iran to keep a bomb that they not use, cause then it can be stolen. Security Expert Coast to Coast talked about this yesterday. This whole damn thing begins to look like that JFK murder. The magic bullet theory and U.S is right now and have been all since 9/11 the scape goat to make Sum of All Fears come true. No one will react untill that bomb blows, and when it goes off the rest of the world will have about 30sec to decide if they are going to put their nations on DEFCON 1 or not. Welcome to the new brave world. Problem, Reaction, Solution. The only nation in this world that could have intervene in this Irani crisis was tied up in a meaningless conflict only to be forced to hold back when completly mad men destroyed this world in one swift blow. I wonder how much they get payed to let all this go this far? I wonder if its going to be worth it in the end? I hardly think so and alot of humans will this year suffer death cause there is a plan behind all this shit. I had not seen it untill now that is all. Be well and digg deap that is all I have to say. Wake up ppl! :cens: Over and out....

Doc.S
:viking:

Back