Iranian ex-presidents annouced uranium enrichment at industrial level.




 
--
Boots
 
April 11th, 2006  
mmarsh
 
 

Topic: Iranian ex-presidents annouced uranium enrichment at industrial level.


Read Link Below

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...041100605.html

or

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/me...ear/index.html

Lord, what a mess. Im afraid the only thing the Iranians are going to respond to is force, and America REALLY doesn't need a 3rd military conflict right now, espically against another muslim country. All that would do would play up al Qaida propaganda that the US is anti-muslim. The last thing we need are more al-Qaida volenteers.

Part of this mess is the Bush Administrations fault, because their wreckless and ill advised invasion in Iraq caused 2 paranoid two-bit dictatorships to become convinced that they were next and thus N.Korea and Iran ramped up its R&D of Nuclear weapons.

That being said, whats done is done and we cannot undo it. On one hand I cannot even imagine how bad an idea it is to allow Iran to get the bomb. On the other hand how do we prevent them from doing so?
April 11th, 2006  
PJ24
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarsh
That being said, whats done is done and we cannot undo it. On one hand I cannot even imagine how bad an idea it is to allow Iran to get the bomb. On the other hand how do we prevent them from doing so?
You already know the answer to that one:

Quote:
Lord, what a mess. Im afraid the only thing the Iranians are going to respond to is force, and America REALLY doesn't need a 3rd military conflict right now, espically against another muslim country. All that would do would play up al Qaida propaganda that the US is anti-muslim. The last thing we need are more al-Qaida volenteers.
And you're right, that's the last thing we need right now.
April 11th, 2006  
Marinerhodes
 
 
I agree PJ24. I do not want to see the US drawn across so broad a playing field. We have the manpower but we do not have the "willing" manpower to go to war in another country. You would be seeing servicememebrs doing 2 year tours instead of the 9-12 month tours they do now.
--
Boots
April 11th, 2006  
ASTRALdragon
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinerhodes
I agree PJ24. I do not want to see the US drawn across so broad a playing field. We have the manpower but we do not have the "willing" manpower to go to war in another country. You would be seeing servicememebrs doing 2 year tours instead of the 9-12 month tours they do now.
I concur. So what are the US options now?
April 12th, 2006  
Rob Henderson
 
 
Well, we could either go to war...NOT GOOD! Or go for diplomatic reasoning with Iran...e.g. the UN...heres another link in case y'all are interested...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12267675/
April 12th, 2006  
tomtom22
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinerhodes
I agree PJ24. I do not want to see the US drawn across so broad a playing field. We have the manpower but we do not have the "willing" manpower to go to war in another country. You would be seeing servicememebrs doing 2 year tours instead of the 9-12 month tours they do now.
I agree as well. War is the last resort.
April 12th, 2006  
5.56X45mm
 
 
War is always the last resort. But face the facts.

The UN is an outdated piece of crap. They haven't sovled a problem since they were created.

Also, the IAEA is nothign but a laughing group. They have no real power.

What it comes down to is two simple answers.

1) EUROPE/RUSSIA/CANANDA gets off their collective asses and tells IRAN to stop what they're doing to get the crap beat out of them.

or

2) The USA once again steps up to the plate and does the job that no one else will.

Hopefully, the USA wont do it alone again.

(Not insluting our allies in Iraq and Afghanistan.)
April 12th, 2006  
ASTRALdragon
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
War is always the last resort. But face the facts.

The UN is an outdated piece of crap. They haven't sovled a problem since they were created.

Also, the IAEA is nothign but a laughing group. They have no real power.

What it comes down to is two simple answers.

1) EUROPE/RUSSIA/CANANDA gets off their collective asses and tells IRAN to stop what they're doing to get the crap beat out of them.

or

2) The USA once again steps up to the plate and does the job that no one else will.

Hopefully, the USA wont do it alone again.

(Not insluting our allies in Iraq and Afghanistan.)
I'm in full agreement, dude. I hope option #2 doesn't happen.
April 12th, 2006  
bulldogg
 
 
Project for the New American Century... read it??
April 12th, 2006  
Strongbow
 
 
Iran will get nuclear weapons one day whatever the US does.