Iranian Army stages military maneuvers (Video)

cool... would be better if i knew what he said though :/ and if he didn't yell like that :eek: or is it just bad sounds quality?

anyways...

nice video... i really like the artillery thing :D awesome

You mean nothing you want us to know :p

I have a question about the attack helicotpers they show right after the start: After they show Chinooks, they show small support helicopters (UH-1 Hueys perhaps?), then they show said attack helicopters:
ph9k.jpg

(then Chinooks again).

Is that the same type of attack chopper they show later on (the AH-1 Cobra) or is it a different one? Because it looks really cool.

Off Topic:

Do you know anything about the National Liberation Army of Iran?

They seem to use some of the equipment employed by the Iranian government forces, but their helmets are more advanced. I think they are US PASGT "Fritz", French F2 "Spectra" or some other similar design. Do you have any idea who may have provided them with that kind of headgear?
Here's some examples:
foroughfighters.jpeg

wom.jpg

Last edited:
the NLA/PMOI/MEK/NCRI (they have zillion names... lol) is a rouge group which is deeply hated by majority of Iranians and they have sided with Saddam hussein against Iran. They are a Marxist-Islamist cult and they are worse than the current government.

Fortunately they have no future among us!

they are branded as a foreign terrorist group by Canada, USA and EU

I, personally, hate them as well!

Regarding your question on AH-1Js... Yes they are Cobra attack helicopters purchased in late 1970s by the Shah's government!
but as far as I know, Iran is doing some reverse engineering and producing AH-1Js in HESA factories (former Bell factories) in Isfahan.

As you know, Bell had a large production line in Iran until 1979 and they left it intact for the new regime.

Last edited:
why not?

The facilities was funded by the Shah's government and the Bell employees were actually Iranian government's property. They couldnt sabotage the place!

bunch of links

http://www.iranian.com/Times/Subs/Revolution/1999/May/bell.html

http://www.alumni.net/Middle_East/Iran/Bell_Helicopter_International/

http://www.parstimes.com/history/iran_iraq_war.html

* In December 1971, Bell signed a contract for $708 million USD with Iran to deliver 287 Model 214 Huey utility helicopters, and 202 improved AH-IJ Cobra gunships. The improved Cobra, known as the "International AH-1J", that resulted from this contract featured an uprated P&WC T400-WV-402 engine and stronger drive train to support 1,675 horsepower continuous. Recoil damping gear was fitted to the 20 millimeter gun turret, and the gunner was given a stabilized sight and even a stabilized chair. 62 of the International AH-1Js delivered to the Shah's forces were TOW-capable, while the rest were not.

Last edited by a moderator:
phoenix80 said:
the NLA/PMOI/MEK/NCRI (they have zillion names... lol) is a rouge group which is deeply hated by majority of Iranians and they have sided with Saddam hussein against Iran. They are a Marxist-Islamist cult and they are worse than the current government.

Fortunately they have no future among us!

they are branded as a foreign terrorist group by Canada, USA and EU

I, personally, hate them as well!

So, I take it you can't answer my question regarding their headgear.
My posting picture of them was not meant to be political publicity. I have no political opinion about this organization.

phoenix80 said:
Regarding your question on AH-1Js... Yes they are Cobra attack helicopters purchased in late 1970s by the Shah's government!
but as far as I know, Iran is doing some reverse engineering and producing AH-1Js in HESA factories (former Bell factories) in Isfahan.

As you know, Bell had a large production line in Iran until 1979 and they left it intact for the new regime.

I didn't know they had a factory in Iran, actually. Pretty cool that they can reverse engineer them too.

phoenix80 said:
The facilities was funded by the Shah's government and the Bell employees were actually Iranian government's property.

The employes were....PROPERTY?

The employes were....PROPERTY?

Yes, please explain.

Also I figured that most of Iran's aircraft are of US Design. F4 Phantoms, Hueys, F-14s, and Cobra gunships. And It's scary thinking that they can reservse engineer and build new parts and equipment.

Back