Iranian Army Day parade *IMAGES*

G-Capo

:-D It's going to suck loosing all that equipment.

189276_orig.jpg

189308_orig.jpg

189278_orig.jpg

189310_orig.jpg

26_8501290319_L600.jpg

10_8501290319_L600.jpg

14_8501290319_L600.jpg

15_8501290319_L600.jpg

17_8501290319_L600.jpg

19_8501290319_L600.jpg

25_8501290319_L600.jpg

26_8501290319_L600.jpg

1539.jpg

MG-42...that's interesting.

...and wouldn't it suck to be one of the guys who got tapped to parade in chem-bio gear?

[edit]

Or MG3...sorry.

Last edited:
I bet they are going around in circles, chainging uniforms and weapons :p

dam they copied our style man.. lol and wow their legs are real flexible..

Every firearm I see them carrying is German!

H&K MP5, H&K G3, MG-3.

Also, what's the deal with the older guys in the wheel chairs?

Lastly, it looks like they had a shopping spree at CHeaperthandirt.com and Sportsmansguide.com for all of those different Camo pattern uniforms.

I wish they invested their money in civilian programs, the US took care of their enemies in Afghanistan and Iraq, hell they should be having a float parade or something instead.

5.56X45mm said:
Every firearm I see them carrying is German!

H&K MP5, H&K G3, MG-3.

Also, what's the deal with the older guys in the wheel chairs?

Iran got licence to produce German weapons in early 70s.

Those guys in the wheel chairs are War vets.

Last edited:
man, some of those guys are wearinf the new MITCH helmet that the US Army just got.

However, since this is a parade to show off, I doublt that the whole Iranian Army has such helmets and body armour.

Very carefully planned camera angles for the most part. In a couple of the last ones being able to see the whole grandstand was less than inspiring. It was really very third-world. And can someone explain to me what it is with autocracies and dictatorships and the bloody goose-step marching? Is this some sort of fetish or what? Honestly what is the deal with that? I'm sure there is some sort of index somewhere correlating the style of march and the level of freedom.
:roll:

And can someone explain to me what it is with autocracies and dictatorships and the bloody goose-step marching? Is this some sort of fetish or what? Honestly what is the deal with that? I'm sure there is some sort of index somewhere correlating the style of march and the level of freedom.

Is it scary that i have pawnderd that thought before?

Doody said:
man, some of those guys are wearinf the new MITCH helmet that the US Army just got.

However, since this is a parade to show off, I doublt that the whole Iranian Army has such helmets and body armour.

Ditto that!

Those people wearing new helmets & body armors are elite special forces, I believe

Last edited:
Is that a russian made helicopter?
Russian choppers that pretty, please. :)

I didnt see them in the pictures but do they have the ability to launch tow/hellfire missiles.

And can someone explain to me what it is with autocracies and dictatorships and the bloody goose-step marching? Is this some sort of fetish or what? Honestly what is the deal with that? I'm sure there is some sort of index somewhere correlating the style of march and the level of freedom.

Goose-stepping originates in the Prussian Military tradition. The reason why you see this traditon wide-spread around the world because officers from all over the world have been sent to Germany during the late 19th Century to examine their doctrines, training methods, etc.

Goose stepping have been given a bad image because the press and Mediea keeps relating this style of marching to the Nazis.

Back