Iranian Army Day parade *IMAGES*

They look fairly modern. They might be able to put on some nasty losses on us if we invade. I think that military planners should be ready to deal with a potent enemy. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

moving0target said:
...and wouldn't it suck to be one of the guys who got tapped to parade in chem-bio gear?
LOL indeed.
Doody said:
man, some of those guys are wearinf the new MITCH helmet that the US Army just got.

However, since this is a parade to show off, I doublt that the whole Iranian Army has such helmets and body armour.
How can you tell it's a MITCH? To me most helmets (PASGT, MITCH, the German Gefechtshelm, Spanish MARTE II...) look alike when covered. In fact, the same helmet can look different if the cover is attached differently.
Easy-8 said:
They look fairly modern. They might be able to put on some nasty losses on us if we invade.
And even nastier losses after an invasion, which is why it's not going to happen. I preict a high likelihood of the US forces bombing Iranian nuclear facilities, within the next 20 months.

Last edited:
Mohmar Deathstrike said:
And even nastier losses after an invasion, which is why it's not going to happen. I preict a high likelihood of the US forces bombing Iranian nuclear facilities, within the next 20 months.

I have talked about a future war with Iran with a lot of people both on the internet and in person. And they surpise me with the fact they all forget one major detail...

THERE IS NO NEED TO OCCUPY IRAN LONG TERM LIKE WE DID IRAQ.

They already support terrorist groups so I see no reason to rebuild once we are done. Iran has nothing we want so it would be pointless to stay around and etablish a new government once we are done.

All we would need to do is build up two Armies one in Iraq the other in Afghanistan. together they would probably need to be at be at 600,000 to 800,000 men strong (300,000 to 400,000 in each) and this would require a draft. Once we are built up on the borders we launch a massive air raid and bomb the living crap outta everything of military or political value as well as nuclear testing sites.

Once we have shell shocked them with bombs we march in. and basically blow anything that points any kinda weapon at us away. once we have taken all the cities we turn the whole country upside down looking for all political and military leadership. once we have found all or at least a good number of them we leave and don't rebuild. And oh yes, make sure all nuclear production sites are destroyed. 90% of all losses in OIF were taken during the post-invasion era as well as most of the money spent. So if we skip the occupion we save a lot of USD and US lives.

Once we have withdraw the bulk of our forces. We may need to send in a Task Force for CT ops to prevent AQ and other clowns from gaining a foot hold in the place. I think we should call the invasion "Operation Macedonian Thunder".

Last edited:
Easy-8 said:
I have talked about a future war with Iran with a lot of people both on the internet and in person. And they surpise me with the fact they all forget one major detail...

THERE IS NO NEED TO OCCUPY IRAN LONG TERM LIKE WE DID IRAQ.

They already support terrorist groups so I see no reason to rebuild once we are done. Iran has nothing we want so it would be pointless to stay around and etablish a new government once we are done.

All we would need to do is build up two Armies one in Iraq the other in Afghanistan. together they would probably need to be at be at 600,000 to 800,000 men strong (300,000 to 400,000 in each) and this would require a draft. Once we are built up on the borders we launch a massive air raid and bomb the living crap outta everything of military or political value as well as nuclear testing sites.

Once we have shell shocked them with bombs we march in. and basically blow anything that points any kinda weapon at us away. once we have taken all the cities we turn the whole country upside down looking for all political and military leadership. once we have found all or at least a good number of them we leave and don't rebuild. And oh yes, make sure all nuclear production sites are destroyed. 90% of all losses in OIF were taken during the post-invasion era as well as most of the money spent. So if we skip the occupion we save a lot of USD and US lives.

Once we have withdraw the bulk of our forces. We may need to send in a Task Force for CT ops to prevent AQ and other clowns from gaining a foot hold in the place. I think we should call the invasion "Operation Macedonian Thunder".

This is the most insane plan I have read all week.
Easy-8 said:
Here are some pics of the Iranian Armed Forces. This thread from another forum has over 200 photos.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=75926&highlight=Shah
Thanks for the link

Last edited:
45iranhawk1.jpg

46improvedhawk.jpg

54iranrapier.jpg

mig21de_iranischeraketen_2.jpg

Back