Iran working with N.Korea on missiles

filmmaker

Iran working with N.Korea on missiles: Institute

SEOUL (Reuters) -

North Korea has been working closely with Iran to develop its long-range ballistic missiles, possibly using Chinese technology, and is building large bases to prepare for their deployment, a South Korean state-run think tank said.

Communist North Korea is also building new sites near the Demilitarised Zone border for short-range missiles and is deploying missiles with improved precision that can strike most of Japan, the Institute of Foreign Affairs and National Security (IFANS) said in a report.

"The development of Taepodong-2 is conducted jointly with Iran, and it is possible China's technology is used in the development of the Taepodong-2 engine," said the IFANS report, which Reuters obtained on Thursday.

The collaboration is part of an international network, including Pakistan, that made it possible for the impoverished North to develop and deploy missiles despite scarce resources and limited testing, the study said.

North Korea fired seven missiles on July 5, including the long-range Taepodong-2, which U.S. officials said failed seconds into its flight and fell into waters between Japan and the Korean peninsula.

Christopher Hill, the top U.S. envoy to talks on the North's nuclear programme, said last month one or more Iranians watched the North's missile launch, deepening concerns about the ties between two countries with troubling nuclear capabilities.

The Taepodong-2 is the product of joint efforts with Tehran, coinciding with Iran's development of the Shehab-5 and 6, and "it is highly possible that design and technology from China, which has an arms trade with Iran, were used", the report said.

The North is building a missile command base 50 km (30 miles) north of the Demilitarised Zone for as many as 30 mobile launch pads for the short-range Scud-type Hwasong missiles that can hit military and industrial targets deep in the South, IFANS said.

"With the deployment of Rodong and SSN-6 missiles and the pursuit to deploy the Taepodong-2, the North is pushing ahead with the construction of new sites and silos" on the east coast and on the border with China, the IFANS report said.
http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=1124712006

funny, I am not surprised at all after I read this. a communist dictator become a ally of the Islamic terriost. what a dangerous marriage.

Of course they are. Did you expect anything different? I wouldn't be suprised if Iran was working with China as well.

Team Infidel said:
I wouldn't be suprised if Iran was working with China as well.
me either, but it will cost Iran lots of oil and money after nobody try to do Iran any favors. since china needs oil so bad, they have no reason to not take advantage of this kind of discount.

Last edited:
Communist China, Communist North Korea, & Islamofacist Iran. What do you expect, them working to solve the problem of world hunger?!?!?

I see a lot of plowshares being pounded into swords lately. This can't be a good thing for the World as a whole.

Missileer said:
I see a lot of plowshares being pounded into swords lately. This can't be a good thing for the World as a whole.
They may plan Plowshare program to dig up Tel Aviv.

Iranian dissidents?

Iran has very few actual regional enemies that are a threat. Afghanistan and Iraq are occupied and when they're self sufficient they will mostly be defensive anyway. Other countries either get along with them or aren ot much of a problem. They can't go to war with israel directly since there's always another country in the way. America to Iran ought to be distant enough that it won't be a problem in the near future after the regional conflicts end.

I don't know why iran is spending so much on military when there's nothing militarily to worry about. Though bush is also a problem since he thinks he's above talking to other nations about major problems such as regional stability and nuclear programs. Worst diplomatic president in modern times ever (Bush or Ahmedinejad, take your pick).

Back