Iran/USA Conflict

russia

I dealt with russia for a long time..................tracking them knowing most things there is to know about them.......................But due to signing a 10yr secret act i can't say.

Yet people think they can find things on the net all about this but they cant. I know the real reason why the kursk went down. How many times a year the russians attempt to break through to USA or Med.

challenging me to something i know like the back of my hand is no good

Mind you most people know the reason why the kursk went down now so thats no biggy.

Buts is arrogance and cockyness to think a country like russia is weak.........

Why do you think NATO are keeping russia on their good side even though they'd never be part of nato or the commonwealth as we won't let them

You may live happily, confident in the assurance that you've completely lost me ... so obviously you know all about it and I don't. I'm still confused how we ended up talking about Russians and Kursk and the Med.

I'd still like to know which other countries have nukes outside of that list. If you know, and you can share, please do.

North Korea - claims to possess at least one nuclear bomb
Japan - There is a conspiracy theory that Japan tested nuclear weapons during WWII
Germany - There is a conspiracy theory that Germany tested nuclear weapons during WWII
Belarus - Inherited a number of warheads left in its territory when the Soviet Union colapsed, but claims to have handed them all to Russia.
Kazakhstan - Inherited a number of warheads in its territory when the Soviet Union colapsed, but claims to have handed them all to Russia.
Ukraine - Inherited a number of warheads in its territory when the Soviet Union colapsed, but claims to have handed them all to Russia.
South Africa - At one time it was confirmed they had six low grade uranium bombs, but has since voluntarily dismantled them.

Iran is said to be seeking nuclear but has not yet got them

Brazil
Canada
China (PRC)
France
India
Iran
Iraq
Israel
North Korea
Pakistan
Russia
South Africa
Taiwan (ROC)
United Kingdom
United States

list of countries who have/had nuclear.

There are a few other countries that claim to have nuclear weapons but do to certain security risks they are not enclosed to the public

Thanks for the info!

Would have expected Belarus, Ukraine and lots of other former Soviet Union nations. The surprise is that more of the former USSR doesn't have them. Uzbekestan, Turkmenistan, Georgia -- none would be too surprising to me.

Brazil is very surprising. So is Canada, though technologically it certainly fits.
When did Iraq have an actual Nuke? Or are you referring to a "dirty bomb"?
If Taiwan does have them, then I'm surprised that China isn't throwing a giant fit but it make A LOT of sense for them to have Nukes.
Iran has or had fully developed nuke capability, lost it and it trying to get it back? You listed them among those who either have nukes or had nukes at some point, so some claification is probably in order.
Japan and Germany based on conspiracy theories?? Sounds awfully non-definite, don't you think?

Even if you added 10 more nations to that list, its still a very tiny list compared against the total list of nations on the planet.

"Glad to hear that but its been their game for ... what, 25 years now?"

America has been involved in far more terrorism than Iran. The list is long worldwide, but here are some examples of US terrorism that directly affected Iranians:

-1953 coup, US overthrew modern and popular democratic government in Iran by covert means, including staging terrorism and blaming it on communists. They installed a dictatorship with secret police, torturing, killing, or suppressing remaining democratic opposition. It should be noted that the government that was overthrown was a homegrown government which didn’t have racial segregation like America did in those days, had freedom of speech and press.

-Iran/Iraq war, US supported Saddam, an invader, with weapons, money, tactical aid, chemical weapons, and direct support via US navy against Iran.

-1990’s, US supported Taliban against Iran and legitimized Taliban, while Iran and Russia were supporting Northern Alliance. US invited Taliban oil delegation, and even send their own delegation to Afghanistan. Only after their creation bit them in their own behind were they forced to go against these people.[/quote]

rostam said:
"Glad to hear that but its been their game for ... what, 25 years now?"

America has been involved in far more terrorism than Iran. The list is long worldwide, but here are some examples of US terrorism that directly affected Iranians:

-1953 coup, US overthrew modern and popular democratic government in Iran by covert means, including staging terrorism and blaming it on communists. They installed a dictatorship with secret police, torturing, killing, or suppressing remaining democratic opposition. It should be noted that the government that was overthrown was a homegrown government which didn’t have racial segregation like America did in those days, had freedom of speech and press.

-Iran/Iraq war, US supported Saddam, an invader, with weapons, money, tactical aid, chemical weapons, and direct support via US navy against Iran.

-1990’s, US supported Taliban against Iran and legitimized Taliban, while Iran and Russia were supporting Northern Alliance. US invited Taliban oil delegation, and even send their own delegation to Afghanistan. Only after their creation bit them in their own behind were they forced to go against these people.
All good points, but my underlying point for the matter at hand is this: There is significant bad blood between Iran and the USA. The two nations don't trust each other very much. Iran has been a big supporter of terrorism targetting the USA -- this has varied over the years of course and pisses Americans off. Iran doesn't much appreciate our involvement in their past governments and manipulating politics and isolating Iran. The USA doesn't appreciate the label: "The Great Satan" and rhetoric about destroying America.

Got any suggestions to solve any of these issues? I think both Iran and the USA would rather have friendlier relations and put past grudges asside, but I definitely cannot speak for the people of Iran. (BTW, the USA isn't going to drop support for Israel, so we can't go that direction in searching for solutions.)

I'm not about to deny the American use of terrorism because there are tons of examples throughout history. But American terrorism has been relatively halted since the CIA screwed a few things up in the 70s or 80s. When the CIA started bombing churches in South America and misused a couple of car bombs the poltics caught wind of it and pretty much stopped it.
Then again, just because a few politics say stop that doesn't mean it's going to stop if it means that it will be protecting the nation. The Hoover Commission wrote a memo in 1950 saying that the US will do ANYTHING to defend the interests of this nation and citizens of the nation. It was kind of like the Patriot Act in saying that they don't need to follow the rules if it means protecting the US. With that in mind I'm sure there have been a few things done without the politics knowing just to maintain plausible deniability.

godofthunder9010 said:
Anya1982 said:
Most countries out of this world have nuclear weapons anyways

Itsa counter act thing so they don't get threatened by another country
Actually is a pretty damn short list -- the Nations that Have Nukes: '
1.) USA
2.) Russia (not entirely sure how that divvies out to Commonwealth states)
3.) The UK
4.) France
5.) Pakistan
6.) India
7.) China
8.) Israel

And that's all folks!!

Is that in order of quantity? If so, you might want to switch the USA and Russia around. Russia has 700 more Nuclear weapons.

MichaelO said:
Is that in order of quantity? If so, you might want to switch the USA and Russia around. Russia has 700 more Nuclear weapons.
not exactly, active nuclear weapons wise the US has some 7,000 active warheads vs Russia's 5,000. If you were to look at total numbers the US is probably behind by ~500 warheads or so. In the scheme of things we're pretty much even.

Yep, Russia and the USA can team up to spectacularly make the Human Race extinct. Russia never had more that the USA but politicians tried to make Americans believe they did a long time back.

Actually, I wasn't trying to list them by quantity at all. China would be 3rd if I had. Just throwing them out there -- Those are the countries can drop a nuclear warhead as of this moment. Anya1982 seems to know of some others, but those are the nations that are known to the world to be 100% nuke capable. And it sortof goes without saying that lots of former USSR nations have some too.

egoz said:
MichaelO said:
not exactly, active nuclear weapons wise the US has some 7,000 active warheads vs Russia's 5,000. If you were to look at total numbers the US is probably behind by ~500 warheads or so. In the scheme of things we're pretty much even.

Those numbers are a year old and not accurate at best.

I'll find the web pages which listed the numbers at USA's 7,000 vs Russia's 7,800. (I was thinking 2,000, vs 2,700 for some reason, silly me)

http://www.thebulletin.org/article_nn.php?art_ofn=mj04norris for the US.

http://www.thebulletin.org/article_nn.php?art_ofn=ja04norris for the Russian.

Actually the 2,000 and 2,700 numbers look reminicent of the START II treaty. Weren't they supposed to have been reduced to that much by now? I realize that it's been abandoned but we were supposed to be around there.

“The USA doesn't appreciate the label: "The Great Satan"…”

Of all the labels this has got to be one of the greatest. I remember one of my American friends was very fond of it.

I think the grudges are significant in some circles, but I would argue that the majority of the conflict rests on economic and political issues, like price of oil for example. This is why Saudi Arabia, a country that is pumping 800,000 bpd above OPEC quota, much to the dismay of Iran, remains a close US ally despite their heavier social restrictions and the recent terrorist attacks against America.

One scenario which I think Iran is considering is the improved relationship between China and US during the Nixon administration, despite major conflicts of interests between the two countries. So WMDs will be an essential element if Iran intends to employ this “Chinese model”.

On the social level there has been a lot of communication recently between the two countries, like UC Davis chancellor visiting Iran, University of Chicago, MIT, Library of Congress visited Iran recently, Earthquake aid, Sports, and communication via internet and so on. It is said that second to Israel, Iranians are the most friendly to America in the Middle East. For example, after 911 thousands in Iran held public candle vigils and memorials for the victims. But in America it is a different story. Americans in general know little about Iran and could care less. However, their foreign policy views are heavily dependent on mass media, so it could change very quickly depending on government policy and media behavior.

I think the problem is Israel, America Israeli own one third of American assets/money. Israeli hate Muslim...

The American Media could be a problem. They seem to have a tendency to cast Iran in a bad light. Of course, Americans trust them less and less as Michael Moore and Dan Rather and other events transpire. I think that the Media's main gripe with Iran is mostly about women's rights and that sort of thing. No matter the level of Iranian improvement, I'm not certain that American Media sources will bother reporting it and they will continue to make everything out to be worse than it is.

The problem is Media sources push for their own agenda. Michael Moore, once all of his lovely Farenheit 9/11 work was debunked and discreditted (Farenhype 9/11 details it point by point), he did a lot more harm than good to the Democratic Party. Same is true of Dan Rather.

The Liberal bias of the Media in America tends to be overstated, but hopefully embarassing situations make them rethink how they do what they do. It can be hoped that such change will cast nations like Iran in a better light or at least report when they improve.

As far as Israel goes, one of the most disappointing things in recent history was the failed attempt by the Clinton Administration to broker a peaceful resolution. It would be an IMMENSE relief if there were some settlement to the Israel/Palestine situation. Sadly, much of Islam doesn't put the majority of the blame where it should be: Squarely on the Palestinian Extremist Groups who's attacks ruined it all.

Back