Iran/USA Conflict - Page 2

--

December 7th, 2004  
rostam

"…and Europe is too cowardly."

LOL. Europe and US have some conflicting interests. For example, Europe has significant economic ties to Iran, unlike US.
December 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Topic: Re: Iran/USA Conflict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostam
This thread is to explore the US/Iran conflict.

1. What is the conflict about?
Isn't Israel ALWAYS the reason and/or excuse??

Anyways, the fact that the Shah was supported heavily by the USA has remained a big sore-point for the Iranian government. The fact that they held hundreds of American's hostage in 1980 has set a very bad image of Iran from the USA's perspective.

The thing that is coming to a head rapidly is the alleged Iranian violation of the Nuclear Nonproliferation Act. Their regime and that of North Korea are governments that the USA absolutely does not trust with nuclear weapons.
Quote:
2. What leverage does each side hold?
Well, currently the USA only has itself, the UK, Israel and a handful of other allies on their side, mostly because of international outrage over Iraq. The question in my mind is this: Are the USA's hands tied or are we free to act??
Quote:
3. Where is the conflict heading?
Worst case scenario, the USA and a tiny group of allies (definitely not including Israel)invades and forcably removes the nuclear threat. Best case scenario: We come to a peaceful resolution -- this would probably require Iran to allow unrestricted access by UN inspectors to verify that their Nuclear Program is strictly for peaceful ends and is not an infringement of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. The Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty could be seen by Iranians as a convenient excuse for a US invasion of Iran.

It should be mentioned, with Saddam Hussein out of power, Iran is now probably the new #1 funder of global terrorism. They prefer to call them "freedom fighters", but I think we all know what we're talking about -- targeting and killing civilians and military personale if possible, by any means available in order to achieve fundamentalist religious goals.
December 8th, 2004  
Anya1982

Topic: iran?

Ok no one jump down my throat will you................just stating what i know

I was out in gulf Nov 2002 just before all this gulf stuff kicked off and i was there til dec 2004 with a month n half some where inbetween back home.

Anyways it was passed on to us from Iran themselves that they wanted nothing to do with iraq and that if any nato force crossed the irani border land and sea that they would deter us hte best way they see fit.

If anything is going to happen it would be that iran has been bullied into it but they have stated that terroisim is not there game.

While we were out in gulf we built a relationship with iran...........eventually they let us do certain things as long as having their permission.....................

I see as accusations are being jumped at and not thought through enough
--
December 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Topic: Re: iran?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya1982
but they have stated that terroisim is not there game.
Glad to hear that but its been their game for ... what, 25 years now? When did they switch up? I'm 100% in favor of it, but they've got such a lousy track record that it sound too good to be true.

Quote:
I see as accusations are being jumped at and not thought through enough
From 1980 on, the USA and its people and Iran and its people have mutually held a grudge against one another. Obviously you gotta drop that sort of thing if your going to make any progress.

It sounds awful to say that Iran is bullied into something. And yet its something they officially agreed to in the first place when they signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.
December 8th, 2004  
Anya1982

Topic: ok

But that is all it is USA Vs Iran so why bother the rest of the world as they are no threat to us............................

Plus us military gave their old vechiles/ships/boats/weapons to countries like yeman and iraq and a few other countries

So in a way is that counted as fighting ur self?

lol sorry trying to be cocky
December 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

I suppose I'm having trouble seeing where we're disagreeing ...

Well, I'll counter one point. Israel feels PLENTY threatened by the idea of an Iran with nukes. So its more than the USA. Also, everybody in the region would get in a big rush to develop Nuclear Weapons of their own -- brothers in Islam be damned, they don't trust each other one bit.
December 8th, 2004  
Anya1982

Most countries out of this world have nuclear weapons anyways

Itsa counter act thing so they don't get threatened by another country
December 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Most countries out of this world have nuclear weapons anyways

Itsa counter act thing so they don't get threatened by another country
Actually is a pretty damn short list -- the Nations that Have Nukes: '
1.) USA
2.) Russia (not entirely sure how that divvies out to Commonwealth states)
3.) The UK
4.) France
5.) Pakistan
6.) India
7.) China
8.) Israel

And that's all folks!!
December 8th, 2004  
Anya1982

there a few other countries that have them.

Russia is not commonwealth but any NATO tours that are done Russia is involved "just to keep them happy"

Russia have the means to destroy a vast amount...............they have a crappy armed forces not alot of money yet their nuclear enforcement is alot bigger than we originally thought.

Don't let russia fool you
December 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
there a few other countries that have them.
Okay, so who are they?

Quote:
Don't let russia fool you
Okay I won't I guess. How do they intend to to fool me though?