Iran Threatens Israel

PJ24

Iran Threatens Israel if U.S. Attacks

"We have announced that wherever (in Iran) America does make any mischief, the first place we target will be Israel," the Iranian Student News Agency quoted Gen. Mohammad Ebrahim Dehghani as saying.

Iran is either really scared or they just want to pick a fight. All of their blustering leads me to believe a little of both, as well as some false arrogance. I think they greatly underestimate the US military simply because of our current situation in Iraq.

They're going to keep poking, and eventually the dog is going to bite. :neutral:

I would think Iran would have its hands full defending against the Americans and Europeans to even to think about attacking Isreal.

Would somebody explain why Iran hates Isreal so much? The Iranians are not Arabs, their Persian and they hate the Arabs. They have been on on-again off again warfare with the Arabs for hundreds of years. They speak Farsi not Arabic, there culture is totally different than the Arabs. They even look different (in my opinion). They are not even the same kind of Muslim, Iranians are Shiite, most Arabs are Sunni. The Iranians have fought more wars against the Arabs than against the Jews. I dont think its religous differences either, there are Jews living in Iran for hundreds of years. Dont think its economic, they are sitting on oil and natural gas, Isreal has neither.

That leaves political. Isreal is the only real threat to them from becoming a regional superpower. They dont like Isrealis ties to the USA either, but then again Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait all have strong US ties.

Any thoughts anyone?

Did'nt Isreal and Iran go to war in the 80s? I know that there were strikes on Iranian Soil by Isrealie SF and bombbers

I know that iran and iraq were beating the crap out of each other in the 80's and that israel fighter jets bombed osirak nuclear reactor in iraq. Don't think iran and israel have been at war tho. Quite sure that during iran/iraq war israel even supplied iran with spare for their phantoms, iran being the lesser of two evils in israel's case.

Attacking Israel is a brilliant move for an muslim nation, regardless of sect, because then if anyone sides against them they are de facto siding with Israel something they will never do if they wish to keep their muslim population calm and happy.

Last edited:
bulldogg said:
Attacking Israel is a brilliant move for an muslim nation, regardless of sect, because then if anyone sides against them they are de facto siding with Israel something they will never do if they wish to keep their muslim population calm and happy.

In a situation like described here, bulldogg; you end up with lock, stock and two smoking barrels - and exactly as in the movie with the same name someone ends up tricked twice... Needless to say who.

Why is Iran threatening Israel?

Because it's been the hip thing to do since 1948 if you're a Muslim Nation.

5.56X45mm said:
Why is Iran threatening Israel?

Because it's been the hip thing to do since 1948 if you're a Muslim Nation.

Iran (Persia) was an ally of Israel until Feb 1979!

Even in 1973 during the oil embargo, Iran supplied Israel with oil when the rest of the world had put boycotte on Israel

And since 1979 if you're Iran. Although you meant Arab nation.

Iran is not an Arab nation

Did'nt Isreal and Iran go to war in the 80s? I know that there were strikes on Iranian Soil by Isrealie SF and bombbers

You are confusing Iraq and Iran. Israel the IRAQI nuclear reactor and assisted the Kurds in their fight against saddam...but never fought Iran.

Iran and Israel were actually close allies until Devil Khomeini went to power. Their intelligence services would work together in several occasions.

SHERMAN said:
You are confusing Iraq and Iran. Israel the IRAQI nuclear reactor and assisted the Kurds in their fight against saddam...but never fought Iran.

Sherman, as an Isreali can you clerify something for me?

If checked my pervious post I asked why Iran hates Isreal so much. I find this odd as Iran has historically more anamosity with its Arab neighboors than with the Jewish State. It even has a Jewish community within Iran. I sincerely doubt it really cares about the Palestineans that much. Why do they hate you so much? I thought it might be political, being that Isreal is the only military power in the area that could check Iranian aspiration to be a region superpower.

I was wondering if you could share your thoughts...

We are broke, if we attack our economy is going more down and there will too many protests here.

We have been "broke" since the War of 1812. The world revolves on credit the only difference is that governments seldom have to settle their accounts. The national debt will never deter a country from military action if it already has lots of toys in the toybox.

King said:
We are broke, if we attack our economy is going more down and there will too many protests here.

If you take into account debt and what country owes what country, then about 90% of the world is "broke."

Italian Guy said:
Iran and Israel were actually close allies until Devil Khomeini went to power. Their intelligence services would work together in several occasions.

And even during the 1980s, Israelis helped the Iranians acquire spare parts and equipments for their western aircrafts, helicopters and tanks.

I read a book about the Iran-Iraq war in which the author (tom cooper) explained the secret mission done by some Israeli experts to help modernize the fleet of Iranian air force F-4s during the 80s.

I am not surprised though given the fact that Iran and Israel had one common enemy and it was Iraq

Interesting... so Israel was defying the ban on sales of American armaments and parts to Iran after the revolution??

Back