Iran Threatens Israel

bulldogg said:
Interesting... so Israel was defying the ban on sales of American armaments and parts to Iran after the revolution??

I'd not say they defied the American ban. They did what was in their best interest and it was appreciated at that time thou.

bulldogg said:
If they provided parts after the fall, then they did indeed defy the ban.

US also provided huge packages of equipments to Iran in the 80s

Iran-Contra sounds familiar?

The shipment included TOW missiles, HAWK missiles, AIM-54A kits, F-14 upgrade kits.... etc

Ever hear of the big pile of merde that was stirred up because it was illegal? My senior year in high school I watched Ollie North testify before congress live as his nuts were toasted for his role in the Iran-Contra affair.

I just wish they had toasted the balls of his boss as well. You know Mr. "I don't remember".

bulldogg said:
We have been "broke" since the War of 1812. The world revolves on credit the only difference is that governments seldom have to settle their accounts. The national debt will never deter a country from military action if it already has lots of toys in the toybox.
Yes u r right, but still i don't see this happening.

bulldogg said:
Ever hear of the big pile of merde that was stirred up because it was illegal? My senior year in high school I watched Ollie North testify before congress live as his nuts were toasted for his role in the Iran-Contra affair.

Get the latest issue of 'Combat Aircraft' magazine to get a better view of what happened in 1980s and 1990s

French also provided them with weapons in 1990s. UK is still providing them with high tech weaponry.
Austria just sold them a huge cache of armor penetrating sniper weapons.
Libyans, Chinese, Russians..... etc have also provided military assistance to Iran for cash in the past 2 decades.

It is not just Israel

Last edited:
I know about all of this. The point is that China, Libya, Russia et al were not allies of the US.

bulldogg said:
I know about all of this. The point is that China, Libya, Russia et al were not allies of the US.

French, Austrians, Britons... are. Then why dont you take you anger at them too???

Israel did it once for STRATEGIC purposes and I feel you may carry some sort of anger towards the jewish state, right?

Try again my friend. I have no anger towards Israel. I'm a fan of much of what they do. No anger in my post at all... methinks the lady doth protest too much.

The information in your post came as a surprise and I am simply clarifying to make sure my understanding is what you meant to say. Its called active listening, a skill that ensures that all parties in a discussion have no misunderstandings.

Now... back down off from Defcon 5.

bulldogg said:
Try again my friend. I have no anger towards Israel. I'm a fan of much of what they do. No anger in my post at all... methinks the lady doth protest too much.

The information in your post came as a surprise and I am simply clarifying to make sure my understanding is what you meant to say. Its called active listening, a skill that ensures that all parties in a discussion have no misunderstandings.

Now... back down off from Defcon 5.

point taken but I was just wondering as if you had some sort of resentments for the Jewish state.

Any ways, it is not just Israelis. Brits, Austrians, Swedish, Germans, Chinese, Russians, Taiwanese..... do business with Iranian defense industries

Iran also causes problems with Israel because it helps distract the citizens from the stagnant economy and unemployment which is the real paramount problem in that country.

The previous president didn't do this, that ******* Ahmendinijad is responsible for the recent threats against Israel. What do you expect from a populist, rational explainations for poor government? Perish the thought!

WarMachine said:
Iran also causes problems with Israel because it helps distract the citizens from the stagnant economy and unemployment which is the real paramount problem in that country.

The previous president didn't do this, that ******* Ahmendinijad is responsible for the recent threats against Israel. What do you expect from a populist, rational explainations for poor government? Perish the thought!

There is not much difference between this one and the previous one,

they all stink! the entire islamic regime of Iran stinks

ca070600b.jpg

Btw, this issue of Combat aircraft deals with the Iranian Air Force capabilities as well!

Last edited:
bulldogg said:
RIP Ronald Reagan.

You know MMarsh Alzheimers DOES affect memory.
I think it would be the first time in medical history where an Alzheimers patient suffered memory loss about a particlar fact that would be in his interest NOT to remember. In other words, Reagan suffered from selective memory loss.

I wish that would happen to me about my ex-girlfriend. :wink:

mmarsh said:
I think it would be the first time in medical history where an Alzheimers patient suffered memory loss about a particlar fact that would be in his interest NOT to remember. In other words, Reagan suffered from selective memory loss.

I wish that would happen to me about my ex-girlfriend. :wink:

Clintoonite may get that disease later when asked about Lewinski scandal as well

The reason for Irans hatred to Israel is plain and simple- Islam.

As far as Israel selling military equipment to Iran after the revolution- ISRAElIS did, but not Israel as a country. Some were sent to jail, others not....It raised a big stench when it got out to the public...

If iran keeps wanting to do harm to others then most of its weapons purchases are going to be illegal. Except for of course russia which wants to sell them weapons so that they can make some money.

That's why iran's nuclear program has problems, lots of nations have nuclear plants but none of them are hostile to others except maybe n. korea.

SHERMAN said:

As far as Israel selling military equipment to Iran after the revolution- ISRAElIS did, but not Israel as a country. Some were sent to jail, others not....It raised a big stench when it got out to the public...

I'd say Islam too but it has some thing bigger in it.

Regime of Iran wants to have external enemies in order to be able to suppress its own internal dissidents and enemies and also be able to distract its population from the regime's corrution and wrongdoings.

SHERMAN said:

That's what I was thinking. Definitely a difference between Israel selling weapons and some Israelis. Thanks Sherman.

Back