Is Iran a Threat? - Page 11




 
--
Is Iran a Threat?
 
May 7th, 2012  
Yossarian
 
 
Is Iran a Threat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayManKiller3
The only global threat Iran is, is to the oil supply, which that threat will decrease everyday as we become less dependent on it. I still do not want them with a Nuke and it has been stated by Leon Panetta that they are not seeking a nuclear weapon, just nuclear capabilities. I also would like U.S to negotiate more fairly with Iran.

I agree here, I hope I am not giving the impression that their is some holier than thou solution to this situation.

Someone somewhere is in the end going to have to hold the full brown paper bag.

It's just the over exaggeration and the searching for any small reason to create a crisis, as an adovcate towards war so American policy maker's can get things done the "easy way" is something I am as a citizen against.

And hope that this never becomes our only means of achieving national goals, as history shows that never really works out for long. Especially in today's accelerated society.
May 8th, 2012  
VDKMS
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB
No that is the Israeli interpretation of who they are killing just like if we were to look at how few civilian casualties there were in Iraq and Afghanistan primarily because the dead suddenly become insurgents and in Israel they are militants.

As for Caliphates and grand empires, here is a thought I am prepared to bet that the King of Jordan wants to stay the King of Jordan as does the King of Saudi Arabia, the President of Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Turkey and just about every leader in the ME world so if none of them plan to give up power how do you think you will get this Caliphate?

Stop with the children's scary stories and focus on reality here will you.
Egypt Islamist vows global caliphate in Jerusalem

VIEW: Radical Islam — Ishtiaq Ahmed

What Motivates Jihadi Terrorism?

Look at the conflicts in the world, who's fighting who and why.
These are not children's scary stories. It's reality.

Your country has about 36.000 muslims. Belgium has more than 600.000. Once the muslim population grows bigger and more radical you will talk differently.
In Belgium it also started small and very peaceful. Now we have muslim neighbourhoods where non-muslims, and even police, are not welcome.
May 8th, 2012  
MontyB
 
 
Hmm wow 36000 Muslims and the only terrorist attack in its history was carried out by the French go figure, maybe we got the quiet ones?

But I will play the game:
Religion in New Zealand
- Protestant 38.6% (Anglican 13.8%, Presbyterian, Congregational, and Reformed 10%, Christian (no denomination specified) 4.6%, Methodist 3%, Pentecostal 2%, Baptist 1.4%, other Christian 3.8%)
- Roman Catholic 12.6%.
- Maori Christian 1.6%.
- Hindu 1.6%.
- Jedi 1.5%
- Buddhist 1.3%.
- other religions 2.2%.
- none 32.2%.
- other or unidentified 9.9% (2006 Census)

Jedi census phenomenon
Encouraged by an informal email campaign, over 53,000 people listed themselves as Jedi in New Zealand's 2001 census (over 1.5% of responses). If the Jedi response had been accepted as valid it would have been the second largest religion in New Zealand. However, Statistics New Zealand treated Jedi responses as "Answer understood, but will not be counted". The city of Dunedin (a university town) had the highest population of reported Jedi per capita. In the 2006 census only 20,000 people gave Jedi as their religion.

So I think we are "safe" for a while as I am sure the Buddhists and Hindu's will put up a spirited defence and then they will have to get past the Jedi faith at 1.5% but it is good to know that 32.2% of Kiwi's don't believe in any of that mumbo jumbo.
--
Is Iran a Threat?
June 8th, 2012  
Pegasusbank
 
If Israel is not scrutinised for having nuclear capabilities, why should iran be scrutinised?
June 8th, 2012  
VDKMS
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasusbank
If Israel is not scrutinised for having nuclear capabilities, why should iran be scrutinised?
Because Israel didn't sign the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons. Iran did and violated it. That's why there are UNSC sanctions on them.
June 9th, 2012  
42RM
 
This is just one opinion out of many.
How wonderful that we in the west have a free press that can write exactly what they want.
June 9th, 2012  
Yossarian
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42RM
This is just one opinion out of many.
How wonderful that we in the west have a free press that can write exactly what they want.
Sometimes no matter your opinion, there will be droves of people willing to still call you an ###hole.

Such is this underlying factor in understanding all world affairs.
June 10th, 2012  
hamidreza
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42RM
This is just one opinion out of many.
How wonderful that we in the west have a free press that can write exactly what they want.
You say this when you don’t have anything else to say. I expect you to bring some reasons to justify your large nuke arsenals, the criminal Israel nukes or at least your modernization programs. Although I think it wouldn’t be a logical reason.
June 10th, 2012  
MontyB
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42RM
This is just one opinion out of many.
How wonderful that we in the west have a free press that can write exactly what they want.
Would that be the same "biased liberal media" that this site so often complains about, you know the one that doesn't care about the truth only about selling stories?

It always amuses me how bad the media is when the story does not favour us yet it is the greatest freedom we have when it does.
 


Similar Topics
Israel test-fires missile as Iran threat looms
De-Arabization of Iran
What If Iran Gets the Bomb? Good Analysis
Rice warns Iran of UN sanctions
Iran's Military