Iran Shuts Down Newspaper Critical of Ahmadinejad

AikiRooster

Tube Monkey USMC
TEHRAN, Iran — Authorities have shut down a Tehran newspaper ,the official IRNA news agency reported Sunday, after the paper published a story critical of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's stance on Israel.
The Press Supervisory Board, which is controlled by hard-liners, banned Tehran Today on Saturday after the paper's editor was summoned to court for publishing material deemed as insulting Ahmadinejad, IRNA said.
The news agency did not provide more details. But the announcement comes after the paper published a story Saturday that said Ahmadinejad's comments on Israel "seems to have led to a different result — more pressure on Iran and more support to Israel."
In 2005, Ahmadinejad said Israel should be wiped off the map. He also has called the Holocaust "a myth."
Media closures are not unusual in Iran. In March, nine cinema and lifestyle magazines were banned for publishing material about foreign celebrities.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,369945,00.html

I have no doubt if Israel unleashed it's military, they would defeat Iran. My concern is what will the world do and who else would get involved? I have a feeling that could be the start of World War III if it was to happen.

Pfff... what's new. Iran shut downs a News Paper. They execute people for being gay. They want to wipe the Nation of Israel off the face of the Earth with Nuclear Weapons. They supply and support Islamic Terrorism and the human scum that fights those that want freedom in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The sooner we finish off Iran the sooner the beast dies. Going after the terrorists is like going after the street drug pushers. You need to go after the source. Iran is the source of Islamic Terrorism.

Iran can do whatever it wants to and no one will do a s*** about it. And even if we still had the capacity- should we intervene and to what consequences? As far as i know their army outnumbers our (German) by 2-1 and that's only active soldiers...

Iran can do whatever it wants to and no one will do a s*** about it. And even if we still had the capacity- should we intervene and to what consequences? As far as i know their army outnumbers our (German) by 2-1 and that's only active soldiers...

I hate to do this.... But what Iran does is somewhat similar to what the Third Reich did during it's rule. By you thinking. The Allied Nations shouldn't have fought the Germans during WWII. There is one difference though; we as a civilized society know what Iran is doing to people. We didn't know what Germany was doing. Yes, Germany was doing something. but we didn't know what it was until the end. We know what Iran is doing....

Lets prevent it this time.

I didn't say i support iran, i only say that at the current status we just can't do anything about it... not that we shouldn't.
And as for Germany... the whole world looked away after we took Poland and austria... and without Pearl Habour USA would have waited even longer... Hitler even considered England as potential Ally and they were considering this option. Without his aggressive tactics germany would have ruled even longer without intervention because too many didn't want to believe it or hoped it would end at some point... well but i think this takes us to far.
You are right ignoring is not the right thing to do...
And why is it that a german is speakin always the 3rd Reich has to come up -.-, should have gone undercover...

I didn't mean to say that you support Iran.... sorry about that.

As for the politics of WWII. Hitler did view the UK as a possible Ally and if Pearl Harbor didn't happen. The US would have gotten involved at some point in time but it would have been far longer then Dec '41.

I didn't mean to bring of the Third Reich because your German. I brought it up because Iran is as evil as the Third Reich. So was the Soviet Union. Vietnam, Cuba, North Korea, and the People's Republic of China are just as evil. I mentioned Cuba and I'm Cuban. I try not to hide the fact that Castro and Che are scumbags. I in fact preach it every chance I get.

In the end.... we need to go after Iran. It's like 1938 all over again. The Brits and the French could have stopped the Germans back in1938 but they didn't. Let's stop Iran before WWIII gets worse.

Sounds like a plan but i can't think of a country who would do that... excluding the countries who are out of capacity for such action there we have a lot of democracys sick of wars and dieing soldiers and as for germany... its not long to the next election period so the matter is closed. But as a matter of fact it reminds me of WWII... ppl sick of war didn't want to do sth but as for now Iran is only making threads... as long as they don't start invading their neighbours no other Nation would dare to declare aggressive action. Embargo is like the strongest weapon most nations would consider to use...

5.56, you ever watch George Lopez, his father in law talking about Castro is funny as hell. Oh Chico, we invade Cuba.

The main reason Iran hasn't been dealt with yet militarily, I am convinced, is because folks are worried about Russia and China backing Iran, mainly due to their financial obligations and benefits.

Back