Iran says it can fire 11,000 rockets in a minute

rock45

Iran says it can fire 11,000 rockets in a minute

sourceAP.gif
Updated: 2 hours, 38 minutes ago

TEHRAN, Iran - Iran is capable of firing 11,000 rockets into enemy bases within the first minute after any possible attack, state-run television quoted a top Revolutionary Guards Corps commander as saying Saturday.
Gen. Mahmoud Chaharbaghi, the missile commander of the Guards, said Iran has identified all enemy positions and was prepared to respond in less than a minute to any possible attack.
"Enemy bases and positions have been identified. ... The Guards ground force will fire 11,000 rockets into identified enemy positions within the first minute of any aggression

Full story
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21389599/

A grain of salt

I read stuff like this and in most cases with Iran I take it with a grain of salt. Take out a portion of there command and control and your cut down this number big time. If the little guy in the cave doesn't get called to drive out setup and shoot the upgrade Scud or Chinese version of it, wouldn't there be less missile/rockets outbound? :9mm:

Use a 'bigger hammer' .....

This is the kind of rhetoric that usually ilicits a response of the real "Warhawks" that this is one reason for the United States and her allies NOT to get rid of all their nuclear weapons.

When someone brandishes or uses a small club, it is always better to have a bigger one in your arsenal.
Sometimes MADD IS a useful tactic. Usage of that many rockets would mean the assured destruction of most of Iran and surrounding area.

Hope nobody blinks!

How many minutes into the attack could Iran keep up the fire rate?
Rockets are also not as accurate as Missiles, I'm sure Iran knows the difference between Rockets and Missiles.
155 Miles is also not that much of a Standoff, the US can back up further than 155 Miles, and rain destruction down on Iran in Biblical Proportions.
Plus, if all they have is 11,000 or 22,000 intermediate range rockets, and they expend all their rockets in the first minute or after reload, another minute, what are they gaining militarily?

North Korea has a lot of Artillery pieces, and can massively sustain fire concentrated on Seoul, which is more of a worry.

North Korea has a lot of Artillery pieces, and can massively sustain fire concentrated on Seoul, which is more of a worry.

I'm not an artillery expert or anything like that. But can the artillery rounds reach up to 30 miles (Between Seoul and North Korean border)?

I read this title and felt compelled to offer some advice from the perspective of an older man. I have learned that its always better to pace yourself than to shoot your whole wad at once. Iran is still very young, they'll learn. :)

I read this title and felt compelled to offer some advice from the perspective of an older man. I have learned that its always better to pace yourself than to shoot your whole wad at once. Iran is still very young, they'll learn. :)

+1

Iran - Tactical versus Strategic is something that you need to learn. Also launching all of you bottle rockets at the same time makes for a great fireworks display but the rest of your night sucks because your neighbors are pulling out the big toys and you're just sitting there with your #### in your hand.

Falling short

Can you just imagine how many misses there will be or how many rockets will will fall short? Even if the rockets Iran has are better then the hundreds if not thousands shot at Israel I still don't rate there equipment high. Didn't Iran supply those missile? The anti-ship missiles fired at the Israeli missile boat (2) one high-radar and one a sea simmer-IR type ? Both were most likely Chinese not Iranian made. The radar missile flew over the Israeli boat and hit and sunk an Egyptian ship 60 miles away. To me the little I know about rockets is that they have to be able to hit a general area where a target is to be effective. Against mid to soft targets they can be very effective but being able to aim at the general area is the key. Can they do it? If there basic guidance is similar to the rockets used against Israel a year or so ago or really currently then I guess the answer is no. I realize that some of these rockets are larger then the types shot at Israel.

Back