Iran, Russia upgrading intelligence ties

Lunatik

Top intelligence officials from Iran and Russia have agreed to boost bilateral ties in their fight against terrorism and extremism.

a7cb314c-bab3-43bb-b11b-3238a9d5ff17_ms.jpeg

Iran's Intelligence Minister Gholam-Hossein Mohseni Ejei met the Head of Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation (FSB), Alexander Bortnikov, in Moscow on Friday, IRNA reported.

During his visit to Russia, the Iranian minister also visited the scene of the “Volgograd-Anti-Terror-2008” which was carried out by the member states of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO).

Ejeie also held talks with some SCO officials to discuss initiatives to boost collective anti-terror efforts.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=68602&sectionid=351020101

I don't think this is significant enough to be overly concerned but it's definitely another bad news for the West. :|

Top intelligence officials from Iran and Russia have agreed to boost bilateral ties in their fight against terrorism and extremism.

a7cb314c-bab3-43bb-b11b-3238a9d5ff17_ms.jpeg

Iran's Intelligence Minister Gholam-Hossein Mohseni Ejei met the Head of Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation (FSB), Alexander Bortnikov, in Moscow on Friday, IRNA reported.

During his visit to Russia, the Iranian minister also visited the scene of the “Volgograd-Anti-Terror-2008” which was carried out by the member states of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO).

Ejeie also held talks with some SCO officials to discuss initiatives to boost collective anti-terror efforts.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=68602&sectionid=351020101

I don't think this is significant enough to be overly concerned but it's definitely another bad news for the West. :|

How do you figure that?

Naahh… I do not really think that something substantial will come out of this.

The Russians have never trusted the Iranians and that is not going to change within the close future.

Actually, in stead of a few empty phrases from Press TV, it would have been interesting to hear about some of the “real” projects that will “boost” collective anti-terror efforts.

Well, the general topic of the talks was mainly intelligence cooperation, as the meeting was with the head of FSB. Because of the sensitive and usually classified nature of the subject it is only normal that they didn't report many details. Russians don't need to trust the Iranians. They want to keep them as a buffer and tool against the US and of course also as a client state. And what anti-terror? Iran is considered as the safest heaven for terrorists by most of the rest of the world. Pretty much the only anti-terror activity the Iranians engage in is against the seperatists Kurds, and being a Turk, I must admit, I love it. 8)

That's about the only thing Turkey and Iran have in common.

Hmmm…

I don’t really agree with you on all points.

Iran is financing terrorism (Hezbollah among others), and has their own terrorist problems (Sunni minorities). Also Iran is notoriously unreliable in such relations.

On the other hand: both Russia and Iran is in the need for new friends (even bad ones) and would easily agree on such a publicity stunt just for propaganda reasons.

Ohhh… as usual the picture has nothing to do with the article.
This is completely normal from Press TV (Iranian “Pravda”)

Back