Iran and nukes

Not easy.. it's very different from Iraq. Unless there's a change of government or the government is more open and accepts western culture as it did a few decades ago when Iran was on good terms with the US.

If China will strongly help the diplomatic effort, both nations will likely give in to demands. North Korea would be a tight spot for certain. Iran would stand to lose one of the few world Powers that still maintains good relations with them.

China warns EU trio that Beijing supports NAM position on Iran' nuclear program

VIENNA, Sept. 15 (MNA) China' ambassador to the IAEA 35-member board of governors has warned the ambassadors of the European trio that Beijing supports the views of the non-aligned nations toward Iran' nuclear program, an informed source at the Vienna-based nuclear agency told the Mehr News Agency.

The source who requested anonymity said such an official and strong position by China is unprecedented, adding that it seems that China has been disturbed by a politically-motivated tough position toward Iran' nuclear program by Britain, Germany and France.

Unofficial sources in Vienna said on Tuesday that China has warned Washington that it would veto any decision on Iran if the issue is sent to the UN Security Council under any political or non-technical pretexts.

The International Atomic Energy Agency board members officially started their work on Monday.

U.S. has ratchet put the pressure on the EU trio and other board members to send Iran to the council for what it claims a secret nuclear weapons program by Tehran.

AsianAmerican said:
so America has to deal with two countries that may have nuclear weapons... Iran and North Korea....

Iran does not have them yet but may develop them if the world does not act. Right now, Iraq has about 40 tons of low grade uranium, In the last few years, Iran has been working to enrich the uranium. They claim its for a nuclear reactor, but the America and Europe believe Iran is going to use the uranium for weapons. If Iran enriched all its uranium, they would have enough weapons grade uranium to make 5 nukes. I believe Iran's scud missiles can reach Israel. And that idea scares me more than anything else.

The problem the UN has is between the views of the Europe and the US on how to deal with Iraq. The US wants a set deadline with consequences if Iran does not comply. The Europeans want to engage in more dialog without a set deadline.

MY VIEW:
If Iran is only developing nuclear technology for energy use, they should have no problem permitting the IAEA (international atomic energy agency) to conduct detailed inspections. Give Iran a deadline of 30 days to comply. If they do not, let's authorize the use of a few bombs and missiles. Israel bombed an iraqi nuclear plant back in 1981 to keep Sadam from developing any nukes. That option may be the only way to keep Iran from getting nuclear weapons.

Code:
Does anyone have a realistic solution to keep Iran from attaining nuclear weapons? 

here is a link to the issue

Why do you Americans not want other countries to possess nuclear weapons and have nuclear technology.If it makes you feel insecure , why don't you ppl think in a way like America possessing nuclear weapons makes the other countries feel threatened too ?

The USA did disastrous nuclear tests on the Bikini Islands in the Pacific Ocean and ****ed their natural beauty and the islands' environment, did your media ever tell you that ?

I will not deny the Tests on the Bikini Atolls as well as the subsequent Russian tests in Siberia and the like. Back then we did not have the total knowledge we do now and like almost everything in history it can be summed up with the saying "It seemed like a good idea at the time." America is primarily concerned with stability at this moment in time. Helping to control the worldwide flow of WMD is one of the factors in that. Now look at it this way, what possible reason would IRAN want to have Nuclear weapons for and what would their uses be. Looking at those scenarios I would want some kind of regulatory commission coming down hard on Iran.

Welcome, anti-American guest! Glad to have you here! Anyways, the international community, by and large, agree with us in ridding the world of future nuclear possession. Why? Because It's a very dangerous weapon!!! Many nations have cooperated in disarming themselves. The reason why countries like Iran shouldn't have nuclear materials or a complete bomb is because they're.... unstable... in a sense.

Of course our possession of nuclear weapons makes people feel insecure, actually, I think possession has kept a large part of the world in-check for a long time. We probably would have had two more world wars if it hadn't been for nuclear technology!

And no, I don't remember the media telling me that. Oh woe is me!! the beauty of those random islands, GONE!!

Bottom line is that Iran with nukes is like a 5 year old with locked and loaded AK47....The Iranis will use their nukes with no fear....I still dont get why Israel or the US dont mount some sort of assault on Irans nuclear installations.

I'm not anti-american , i'm NOT anti-ANYTHING :D

USA is a powerful nation and has had many important contributions to the world in terms of military tecnology and other stuff.

I was just trying to provide a different point of view there.

Cheers

Well common now lol don't tell that America is seriously concerned about stability/peace in the world , if they were they would have themselves given it up completely ;)

"I think" the main reason America doesn't want any 'more' countries in the world to possess nuclear weapons is because they wanna retain their supremacy :horsie: and not give any 'more' nations a chance to challenge it.

Most amricans would disagree to this but yeah there's no fun in everyone talking all goodie goodie bout USA ;)

oops, sorry, you just sounded like one of the countless nation haters that waltz in here every so often.

I don't see how disarming ourselves would help the world..? It would be suicide for the US, we still have enemies. Without MAD, errrm, we're screwed. Disarming ourselves so the commies and crazy rougue states can bomb us? You bet

And of course we want to retain supremacy, that's the basics of survival!

Anyways, back on topic.

I'm not sure how to stop Iran, but I do know invasion is totally out of the question, the insurgency would be ten times as bad as Iraq.

Ah yes, America and her nukes.

We are the only country to use nukes in war. But at the time, it was believed to be the right thing to do. I think every Marine who fought and survived at Iwo Jima would have supported using the bomb. There were 27,000 Japanese who killed or wounded 25,000 (mostly Marine) US personnel. Use those numbers for the Japanese mainland and the US would have entered the meat grinder.

We, as Americans, are not going to use nukes as a first strike weapon. Look at the countries that have attained nukes in the last 10 years or are trying to get them; Iraq, Iraq, North Korea, to a lesser extent India and Pakistan. I am sorry, but those countries are not exactly the ones who are going to set the example for the rest of the world. I do not trust those countries with nukes and I will support anything that stops them from developing anything else

Nukes and WMD's are something that most people wish were never invented.

Well... What about Israel?
Perhaps, such country is absent in the world for you.
You Americans if you respect israel that has nuclear weapons then you must respect every country that is getting nuclear weapons.Some reals are pretty hurt for Americans.
What is true that nobody believe your politics of hypocrisy in the world anymore.

Diplomatic pressure

Hopefully this problem can be solved by diplomatic means before things get out of hand.

What concerns me the most is a military operation before all diplomatic options are tried. It could turn out nasty with USA and allied forces involved in both Iraq and Iran at the same time. If North Korea decides to take a move on South Korea things are going straight to :firedevi:

xman, so you're telling me that since Israel has nukes that the whole world should be entitled to them. Where is your logic?

Can you garauntee me that if the US gave every muslim nation a nuke that Israel would not get attacked? Let's remember that the Arab nations have a slight history of attacking Israel. Here is what would happen. Some radical group would stage a coup, get the nuke, lob it at Israel and start WWIII.

The world is best off without nukes, better off with no new nukes and worst off if everyone has nukes.

My logic is very simple.Almost of every country in the world has enemy nations.
If you say Israel is right to have nukes,I say that Why are the other nations no right to handle nukes?

Try be honest.How much land does Israel has when it was founded and now how much land does it has?The problem is regarded with that difference.

I agree you little for your the last clause.But in my opinion, some of big countries must have nukes reciprocal to deterrence to start a war.
Imagine If America and Russia has no nukes, many times World Wars would have been done.Thanks to God for atomic power.
May be incredible opinion but it is really true.

Back