Iran next?

cokeisthebest said:
how about this

just like what Isreal did to Iraq, we just get a couple B-2s and bomb the crap out of Iran's nuclear facilities.

and we dont' even have to go into there, but i am worried what will happen after that

I'm afraid Iran's nuclear program, though claimed to be for civilian purposes, is not, and is way more advanced than the Iraqi back in 1979 or when was it.

cokeisthebest said:
how about this

just like what Isreal did to Iraq, we just get a couple B-2s and bomb the crap out of Iran's nuclear facilities.

and we dont' even have to go into there, but i am worried what will happen after that

And the resutlant nuclear fall out for the area?

I think I read a report somewhere saying : Iraq was actually pretty close to get some weapon-grade purified uranium (maybe just need a couple more years), and Isreal bombed Iraq's site and thus Saddam's nuclear plan had a great set-back and totally failed.

so I think U.S may use this tactic to just bomb the key facilities of Iran's nuclear program (I am sure U.S knows where those places are) and prevent it from going further.

cokeisthebest said:
I think I read a report somewhere saying : Iraq was actually pretty close to get some weapon-grade purified uranium (maybe just need a couple more years), and Isreal bombed Iraq's site and thus Saddam's nuclear plan had a great set-back and totally failed.

so I think U.S may use this tactic to just bomb the key facilities of Iran's nuclear program (I am sure U.S knows where those places are) and prevent it from going further.

It might be advisable for you to read up on 'Nuclear characteristics and effects', specifically the down wind hazard. Check also prevailing wind direction in the area of the known nuclear facilities.

There is far more to blowing the hell outta' the ragheads than just dropping a few bombs on them.

Italian Guy said:
wolfen said:
Ok I've read this thread and didn't really want to make a comment, but I have a comment about Iran, If "we ( the United States) were to invade Iran I think we would have the same problem we have now, Yes we would steam roller over their military, and over throw their governmane in about a month, but then there would be the insurgent problem that we have now.

Mmmh not sure. Seems that the type of support that the regime enjoys from the population is higher and more widespread than it was the case with Saddam.
Plus, you cant really divide and rule there, they dont have significant ethnic or religious minorities to rely upon.
Last, they are 60 mill compared to 25 in a country that is way larger than Iraq.

Trie but you also have to consider the type of support thats growing in the US about war here lately.

Ashes said:
Perhaps someone can explain why ''we'' would want to invade Iran in the first place?

You might want to email the white house for answer to that one. But I'll bet you $5 right now the answer has something to do with the word nuclear, and the govt's fear that Iran will build bombs instead of power plants.

cokeisthebest said:

Yes! the military bases in IRAQ would be immediately targeted by destructive Shahab Missiles and will be plastered.

And after that the Iranians will send its 450,000 troops and lots of militias to the IRAQ to give US forces a moral booster in which thousands of your troops will be killed and vehicles destroyed.

What a lovely war to be accounted for! :roll:

Back