Iran Military Begins Biggest Ever Naval Maneuvers

Damien you're on the same level with me. All the links phoenix has ever provided has been about 70s-80s. We're 15 years after that time and it's pretty hard to believe that unless Clinton gave them lots of parts that the F-14s could be operational. It isn't even a matter of Iranian skill as much as it as a matter of pure practical logistics. You can't fix blown-out engines with parts from your local Wal*Mart.

Whispering Death said:
Damien you're on the same level with me. All the links phoenix has ever provided has been about 70s-80s. We're 15 years after that time and it's pretty hard to believe that unless Clinton gave them lots of parts that the F-14s could be operational. It isn't even a matter of Iranian skill as much as it as a matter of pure practical logistics. You can't fix blown-out engines with parts from your local Wal*Mart.

Maybe there are no Wal Marts in Iran?
I read about Iranian manufacturers having reverse-engineered some parts of American made vehicles. Check out http://www.irandefence.net/index.php? forum

Scan2.jpg

Scan21.jpg

I scanned this from the recent article published in Modern Air Power magazine

I do not doubt the Iranian air force's relative technological advantage in the region only that they can field F-14s. Maybe one, two, or five F-14s. But nothing more substantial than that IMHO.

well, they have 44 F-14s (combat ready)!

They cant stand against the US Navy or USAF but given the fact that they have been embargoed for 26 yrs and stilll operating well is a bonus and they deserve a kudos from me!

the hell with their mullahs and rulers but those people in the AF are genius

Back