Iran Leader Calls for Israel's Destruction

phoenix80

Banned
Iran Leader Calls for Israel's Destruction

ap on Yahoo ^ | 10/26/05 | NASSER KARIMI

TEHRAN, Iran - President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad declared Wednesday that Israel is a "disgraceful blot" that should be "wiped off the map" — fiery words that Washington said underscores its concern over Iran's nuclear program.

Ahmadinejad's speech to thousands of students at a "World without Zionism" conference set a hard-line foreign policy course sharply at odds with that of his moderate predecessor, echoing the sentiments of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the founder of Iran's Islamic revolution.

The United States said Ahmadinejad's remarks show that Washington's fears about Iran's nuclear program are accurate.

"I think it reconfirms what we have been saying about the regime in Iran," White House press secretary Scott McClellan told reporters in Washington. "It underscores the concerns we have about Iran's nuclear intentions."

Ahmadinejad also condemned Iran's neighbors which seek to break new ground in their relations with Israel. "Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury," state-run television quoted him as saying.

Relations between Israel and several Persian Gulf states have been thawing amid Israel's withdrawal from the Gaza Strip in September. Bahrain announced in September it was ending a decades-old law banning trade ties with Israel. In October, Qatar said it was donating $6 million to help build a soccer stadium for a mixed Arab-Jewish team, the first such financial assistance by an Arab state for any town inside Israel.

Israel has been at the forefront of nations calling for an end to Iran's nuclear program, which the United States and many others in the West say is aimed at acquiring weapons of mass destruction. Iran insists the program is for generating electricity.

Referring to Palestinian suicide bomb attacks in Israel, Ahmadinejad said: "there is no doubt that the new wave in Palestine will soon wipe off this disgraceful blot from the face of the Islamic world."

Ahmadinejad's speech came hours before a Palestinian suicide bomber blew himself up in the Israeli town of Hadera, killing five people. Iran aids several militant Palestinian groups, including Hamas and Islamic Jihad, with support and training through proxies among Lebanese Hezbollah guerrillas.

"Ahmadinejad has clearly declared the doctrine of his government," said Mohammad Sadeq Hosseini, an expert on Middle Eastern affairs. "He is returning Iran to the revolutionary goals it was pursuing in the 1980s."

Reacting to the Iranian president's speech, Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman Mark Regev said Ahmadinejad and Hamas leader Mahmoud Zahar "speak openly about destroying the Jewish state ... and it appears the problem with these extremists is that they followed through on their violent declarations with violent actions."

Ebrahim Yazdi, a former Iranian foreign minister, said Ahmadinejad's remarks harmed Iran.

"Such comments provoke the international community against us. It's not to Iran's interests at all. It's harmful to Iran to make such a statement," he said.

In Madrid, Spanish Foreign Minister Miguel Angel Moratinos summoned Iran's ambassador to protest Ahmadinejad's comments. Moratinos said he rejected the remarks in the strongest possible terms.

French Foreign Minister Jean-Baptiste Mattei also condemned the remarks "with the utmost firmness."

Ahmadinejad became president in August after winning elections two months earlier. He replaced Mohammad Khatami, a reformist who advocated international dialogue and tried to improve relations with the West.

Iran announced earlier this year that it had fully developed solid fuel technology for missiles, a major breakthrough that increases their accuracy. The Shahab-3, with a range of 810 miles to more than 1,200 miles, is capable of delivering a nuclear warhead to Israel and U.S. forces in the Middle East.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051026...HlvaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

Another evidence why the Mullahs of Iran shouldnt be trusted at all and why the regime change in iran is a must and the Eurowhinnies should stop cutting deals with despots in Tehran.
It is time to back the Iranian democracy movement and overthrow the Mullahs once and forever!

At this rate Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is going to have one of the shortest reigns as President in the history of Iran. Its going to be race to see who will take him out first, the Americans, the Isrealis, the Europeans, or maybe even the Arabs. Several Arab countries like Jordan and Egypt have peaceful relations with Washington an Isreal. A war in the Middleast would be catastrophic to them, and none of the Arab countries (including Syria) want to see Nuclear Armed Iran. As distaceful for them as it might be, its safer for them to have a nuclear armed Isreal than a nuclear armed Iran.

People like this are far more dangerous to the USA than Saddam was. And we all know Iran sponsors International terrorism. I'd say one major terrorist incident somewhere in the world which Iran gets connected and the world unites to end Mr.Ahmadinejad.

Damn it all. I expect this kind of bravado, saber rattling, face saving shite from some asian leaders... argh. With all due respect this man is asking for his arse to be served to him. Why is it that some people simply cannot live peaceably, why? WTF does he possibly have to gain from a war??

Phoenix80, eventhough I too think that this man is a hazard to the region and many other things, I do think that you should stop making such generalistic, stereotype remarks:

Another evidence why the Mullahs of Iran shouldnt be trusted at all and why the regime change in iran is a must and the Eurowhinnies should stop cutting deals with despots in Tehran.

Is this really how you see the Europeans? Have you ever spoken to a Eurpean in the flesh? We too have had our soldiers getting killed in many parts of the world trying to re-enforce democracy. Beside the fact that the US government has had it's fair share of dealing, I never stepped over the fact that people are dying overthere doing their duty. With such crude and general remarks you also include the ones that have sacrificed their life in the line of duty and the believe that they did the right thing! Please be more careful with that.....

Ted

I have great friends in your country, Holland, and Yes that is how I see your governments when it comes to Iranian issues.

unfortunately, EU govts do not care about human rights and freedom of many people around the world and the only important thing to them is to cut deals with those governments.

Well Phoenix, you have gotten me in quite a fix here, since I'm not very well informed about the Canadian government.
Does your statement about human rights and freedom anly apply to European government or does the US government belong in that same predicament? This is a vital detail in my reply in your bold statemnt/

I'd say Americans don't put their money/business interests before their concerns over human rights and freedom of the world and that is the difference between Eurowhinnies and US govt.

Canada is not much different than most european governments either.

The Mullahs killed a Canadian journalists in 2003 in Tehran when she was taking pictures and Canadians didnt do any thing. Why?
Cuz they were afraid of losing Iranian market for their Wheat and other agricultural products.

That is why I dislike the European governments and I do praise Bush government for insisting on its stance on Iranian Mullahs and other rouge regimes around the world.

Yes, France says it is concerned about human rights in Iran but actually they do it as a PR job and they dont give a damn to the issues.
The only thing matters to them is how to sell their crappy cars and steal more oil or other resources from other countries.

That is what Europe has stood for centuries.

Phoenix, unfortunately your governement has hardly ever acted differently than Europeans on that.

Ted, don't forget the EU used to fund Hamas until 2001.

What do you mean by that?!

It is not my government, I never asked them to be there and I hate them for sure.

Didn't mean to be offensive, you know me and I love Canada and its people. I have a huge Maple Leaf flag on my wall, go figure.
What I mean is that unfortunately the Canadian governments have been steering more towards the French-German Europe than Washington on matters of international relevance. I'm talking about Chretien and the lib's. Am I wrong?

I am Iranian living in Canada. I thought you talked about Iranian mullahs regime.

and Yes, Canadian liberal government is another piece of crap and I am not questioning you!

IRAN: REVOLUTIONARY GUARD BACKS PRESIDENT OVER ISRAEL

Tehran, 27 Oct. (AKI) - In a gesture of support for Iran's president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Islamic Revolutionary guards on Thursday joined his recent and controversial call for Israel to be "wiped off the map". "If this cancer (Israel) is not removed from the Islamic world, Muslims will sustain immense harm," said their spokesman, Seyyed Massoud Jazayeri. Ahmadinejad made his remarks at a Palestinian solidarity conference in Tehran on Wednesday, provoking angry condemnation from Western nations.

"This wound was opened more than half a century ago and has still not been healed, because in the Islamic world, some leaders and regimes, which have not been democratically elected by their own people, continue to rule, with the help of Western imperialism," Jazayeri continued.

"A world without Zionism, and the obliteration of Israel from the face of the earth, is not only the objective of Iran, but of the whole Muslim world," he added, pointing out that these goals had been underlined by the country's revolutionary leader, Ayatollah Khomeini, more than 20 years ago.

"At the time, many thought they were just propaganda slogans, but by reiterating them now, president Ahmadinejad has reminded us that they involve a strategy shared by most of the Islamic world," Jazayeri noted.

Iran's foreign minister, Manouchehr Mottaki has sent a circular to the country's diplomats - many of who have beeen summoned by the Western nations to provide explanation for Ahmadinejad's comments - to "go on the offensive".

"You should present yourselves to the authorities in the countries where you live, to strongly protest against the indifference shown by Western nations to the suffering of the Palestinian people and urge Europe's condemnation of Israel," the circular read.

http://www.adnki.com/index_2Level.php?cat=Politics&loid=8.0.223720064&par=0

Well to get back on this freedom for all, long-live-human-rights government in the US.

If they are so fond of human right, how come that they refuse to ratify so many charters on Human Rights by the United Nations? They are the only nation together with Somalia (in which they brought peace and fortune on a blue wednesday) that hasn't ratified the International Convention on the rights of Children. They haven't ratified UN International Court of Law and I can't figure out why. If the system you proclaim to have is so great, why do you have to spread it by force? For more on this subject you should visit the site of Amnesty International and their "Rights for all"... The US didn't do too well according to them. Or do you dismiss them because they are too European?

Look I'm not saying that we are holier then the Pope, but please don't say that the US is. Check any historybook and you'll see what many of us are trying to say.
And as we noted before that their urge to rid the world of dictators is strangly focussed on mainly oil countries. There are still so many countries to liberate.... when are we starting?

I really didn't believe this was news. And the Europeans especially seemed taken aback.

...THIS IS IRAN! What did all them think, that Iran was the flower of peace in the world? They're an evil regine even moreso than the regimes that surround them in that S*** hole of the world.

Whispering Death said:
I really didn't believe this was news. And the Europeans especially seemed taken aback.

...THIS IS IRAN! What did all them think, that Iran was the flower of peace in the world? They're an evil regine even moreso than the regimes that surround them in that S*** hole of the world.

True but most European nations had diplomatic relations with the more secular Iranian governments, (I use the term 'secular' very lightly) but now that Iran has fallen into the abyss of Islamic extremism such language is a surprise to many here. I think it has awaken the unpleasant memories of of Nazism as well.

Iran has been a major sponsor of terrorism around the globe since 1979. Even terrorist attacks on Israeli Embassies in Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil were proved to be istigated by Tehran.

Washington broke its diplomatic ties with Tehran in April 1980, closing an important chapter with a former CENTO ally whose security it had guaranteed since 1959. This opened the door for the Soviet Union and later Russia's alliance with Iran.

source globalsecurity: Other countries directly or indirectly involved over the years in supplying weapons to Iran have included Syria (transferring some Soviet-made weapons), France, Italy, Libya (Scud missiles), Brazil, Algeria, Switzerland, Argentina, and the Soviet Union.

When it comes to the Iranian Doctrine of Special Weapons Ayatollah Mohajerani (one of President Rafsanjani’s deputies) said, "since the enemy has atomic capabilities, Islamic countries must be armed with the same capacity." However, the nuclear program appears to be a general hedge, to develop the nuclear option, rather than a crash program.

According to a defence study of the Iranian doctrine:

source globalsecurity: Secondarily, nuclear weapons could prove useful in deterring the United States, in the context of a profound crisis in the Persian Gulf. Tehran strives to be a leader in the Islamic world and seeks to be the dominant power in the Gulf. The latter goal brings it into conflict with the United States, and Tehran would like to diminish Washington’s political and military influence in the region. Iran fears that the sizable US military presence in the region could lead to an attack against Iran. These fears probably increased during the 2002-2004 period as a ring of new American bases in Iraq and central Asia encircled Iran with American power projection platform. The escalation of rhetoric by the Bush Administration surely did little to calm Iranian anxiety.

Since Iraq is no longer a threat to Iran they might have changed their doctrines but do I think the above really shows their intentions for obtaining nuclear potential. As well as the US has circled Iran with military personell, bases and other installations the effect of paranoia and the urge for self defence is in my opinion growing rapidly in Iran.

Back