Iran launches satellite carrier!!!

Lunatik

Iran says it has successfully launched a rocket capable of carrying its first domestically built satellite.

Officials said only the rocket had been fired, correcting state media reports that the communications satellite itself had been sent into orbit.
The White House voiced concern, saying the technology could also be used for launching weapons.

Tehran has pursued a space programme for years, despite international concern over its nuclear plans. In February it sent a probe into space as part of preparations for the launch of the satellite.

Long-held ambition
Footage aired on Irinn (Islamic Republic of Iran News Network) showed the launch of the Safir rocket in darkness.

The presenter said that the satellite launch was a trial which was successful. State and military officials confirmed the launch had taken place.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was at the event, said one report. In October 2005 a Russian-made Iranian satellite named Sina-1 was put into orbit by a Russian rocket. Sunday's launch comes amid a long-running dispute over Iran's nuclear activities.

White House spokesman Gordon Johndroe said: "The Iranian development and testing of rockets is troubling and raises further questions about their intentions.

"This action and dual use possibilities for their ballistic missile programme are inconsistent with their UN Security Council obligations." The US and some European countries have demanded that Iran curtail uranium enrichment - but Iran protests that its purposes are peaceful and says it has a right to continue.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/ukfs_news/hi/newsid_7560000/newsid_7566800/7566804.stm

Iran-Safir-satellite-carrier5.jpg

Great! Now they have ICBM capabilities as well. :sarc:

Last edited:
Not good.... not good at all.... Because what you see below is what Iran will try to turn it's Space technology into. ICBM / MIRV

MIRV1full.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, and now they're very close. By 2010 they're expected to have both a nuclear weapon and the means of delivering it anywhere in the world in minutes.

8179b825-5bc8-4242-8fd3-2aca088bcafe.jpg

5.56, their lieing, they launched it and it fell apart. Major set back.

Still not good news. Yeah... they can't do it right now but nothing says they're not working on a better mouse trap. I really hope that either the United States of America or Israeli goes and stops Iran before they start WWIII. My only other hope is that the people of Iran revolt against and overthrow the despotic dictatorship. I would rather it be through peaceful means but violence might be the only course of action the people of Iran have to break the yoke of oppression.

I dont think the people of iran want a total regieme change. they might not like their current president, but i think most of them believe in the idea of a religous state. This is probably bwecause they are very strict muslims and also because the gov is brainwashing them 24/7. The Germans did not overthrow hitler, the iranis will not overthrow ahmedinijad(im comparing social process, not saying they are the same).

this is the start of a big evolution in the world. the people of middle east are waking up and throw out the aliens and traitors of there home and will find their real position in the world.

Back