Iran Launches New Submarine

m551sheridan

There once was a movie about a pink submanine but that was just a movie. This thing is for real!

Iran unveils unusually colored blue submarine

By Eric Pfeiffer, Yahoo! News | The Sideshow

It looks like the Iranian Navy really wanted people to see its new submarine. In a live broadcast on state TV on Wednesday, the Islamic Republic showed off a new Sina 7 submarine that is painted in an unusually bright turquoise blue hue.

So, why exactly would any military want to design its ship in a color that can be easily spotted ? The Daily Mail speculates that the ship's designers mistakenly chose the color, believing it would help the craft blend in with the ocean's waters.

BlueSub1.jpg

anyone say new sub for the drug cartel's? Hmmmmm

anyone say new sub for the drug cartel's? Hmmmmm

Or maybe to clearly show where their vessels are.

When the catalyst for war is carried out, they can honestly say that they have done every thing possible to avoid conflict, even clearly displaying where their warships are at all times. To maybe wake up Western onlookers that they didn't fire the first shot.

Just a thought.

America loves doing this,

From commanding the CO of Fort Sumter to do exactly what the South said they should not do or face war.

From the rally about the U.S.S. Maine in 1898 even though senior Naval officers held doubt it wasn't infact a boiler explosion.

From Slanting the Angle on the Gulf of Tonkin to fabricate it as a full on attack for justifcation to delpoy to Veitnam.

To the lack of over all security that may have helped aid the attacks of 9/11 giving us the All Free card to run amock in the Middle East. And tackle anyone who threatens our ecnomic prosperity and control of wealth. Like how Mr. Saddam did.

This is how it happens, and since 1861 always happens, America needs a public affairs catalyst to go to town, and Iran is to the U.S. today what the U.K. was to Hitler in 1941.

A thorn in our side.

And like Hitler looking through his eye glasses across the Channel at the Cliffs of Dover, We are starring at Iran through the view screen of a Global Hawk Drone from an air conditioned room in Florida.

And waiting....

If you shut it out and just don't like it then war is assured.

Last edited:
Or maybe to clearly show where their vessels are.

When the catalyst for war is carried out, they can honestly say that they have done every thing possible to avoid conflict, even clearly displaying where their warships are at all times. To maybe wake up Western onlookers that they didn't fire the first shot.

Just a thought.

America loves doing this,

From commanding the CO of Fort Sumter to do exactly what the South said they should not do or face war.

From the rally about the U.S.S. Maine in 1898 even though senior Naval officers held doubt it wasn't infact a boiler explosion.

From Slanting the Angle on the Gulf of Tonkin to fabricate it as a full on attack for justifcation to delpoy to Veitnam.

To the lack of over all security that may have helped aid the attacks of 9/11 giving us the All Free card to run amock in the Middle East. And tackle anyone who threatens our ecnomic prosperity and control of wealth. Like how Mr. Saddam did.

This is how it happens, and since 1861 always happens, America needs a public affairs catalyst to go to town, and Iran is to the U.S. today what the U.K. was to Hitler in 1941.

A thorn in our side.

And like Hitler looking through his eye glasses across the Channel at the Cliffs of Dover, We are starring at Iran through the view screen of a Global Hawk Drone from an air conditioned room in Florida.

And waiting....

If you shut it out and just don't like it then war is assured.
do you really believe this sub is meant for * tactical operations? You are delusional.

small amounts of arms/drugs seems to be the most logical explanation...

They have about 400 hundered already in service.... For about 15 years now... Your a little late to the party, so much for your moral high ground. Darn Iranians!

Because they don't have the avenues of a intelligance agency to secure means to lend arms at will to parties who maybe in no way interested in returning the favor at all?

You can't take any moral high ground on this one.

Also have you researched Iran's submarine fleet? Intead of making the same mistakes the Soviets did by building massive expenisive booms boats that bankrupt them, why repeat those mistakes?

Also there is this circulating military theory on the drawing board of potential adversaries concerning the age old Quanity vs. Quality issue.

It really took off with the F/22A being put into service. Why build a fleet of equally expenisve and costly jets to take them out?

Why not force the U.S. to engage a swarm of anti air and very cheap drones instead?

The loss of one Raptor is tough, the loss of a dozen or so seriously cripples operation budgets and cost allocation.

In essense attack the contracting policies, not the military.

Have you seen how much a comprable Virgina class attack sub cost? Damage one and it takes much needed wartime resources to repare or replace.

Which would be cheaper in this instance? The loss of an operation super carrier or buying hundereds of mobile launch Sunburn mach 2.4 anti ship missiles? Yea you can blow up some sites, intercept a few dozen, but you won't get em all and it's cheaper than building your own 43 billion dollar carrier ain't it?

That's what China is doing , same thing the Russians pioneered in practice. One of the staples in developing AEGIS, remember?

Have you done any research on how our adversaries are searching for ways to ward off an U.S. attack?

Or are you using the dated Spartan approach? Yea they were good, won many battles .... All until their lack of new veiws on deployment got them beat in Leuctra.

You are aware of other efforts to whine the world away from U.S. dependency and how they can cripple our economic portion of the Military Industrialized complex aren't you? And what Iran means to all this?

Are you? If not we are about a few dozen steps behind. All it takes to run and empire into the ground is one stinging military fiasco.

Last edited:
I will go for quality that's for sure. Th F-15 has a combat record of 104 kills to 0 losses as of February 2008. (the F-15 is peice of cake for the F-22 and F-35). The US has approx 200 F-15's and 200 F-22's in service. Considering the combat record how many low tech planes would you need to destroy 400 top of the line fighters??

Russia and China used to be quantity supporters, not anymore. They've learned their lessons in different conflicts.

The best Iranian subs are the Russian Kilo ones, 70's era technology. I bet the US Navy is tracking all three of them.

The only chance Iran has is with a surprise attack. The second day they will feel the retaliation. Air force destroyed. No airfields nor harbors and few air defense sites left. One B-2 can fire 80 JDAMS within 30 seconds. That means 80 targets destroyed or severely damaged using one single plane.

But then again, tha Iranian radicals are protected by god, at least that is what they think. I think their god wil run out of virgins in the very first days of the conflict.

Yossarian, you are to pessimistic.

I will go for quality that's for sure. Th F-15 has a combat record of 104 kills to 0 losses as of February 2008. (the F-15 is peice of cake for the F-22 and F-35). The US has approx 200 F-15's and 200 F-22's in service. Considering the combat record how many low tech planes would you need to destroy 400 top of the line fighters??

The F 15 has never really gone against a modern air force in context of equippment and training so it's hard to say. Also 200 F 22's that are in service already show strain on USAF allocation of resources. Each in itself is a total technological marvel, however like lesser fighters in service already all 200 won't be operation all at the same time. Also the assembley components were destroyed and production halted by order of Congress.

Russia and China used to be quantity supporters, not anymore. They've learned their lessons in different conflicts.

The best Iranian subs are the Russian Kilo ones, 70's era technology. I bet the US Navy is tracking all three of them.

I would expect the West to be tracking them, Iran has made many bold claims yes. But look at it's actions, only region movements and regional excersises as for now indicate a defensive mindset. If Iran was smart, as now they would not give the U.S. any justification to pacify the public into starting the war our policy makers so badly desire. If anything they would garner allot of world support if the U.S. was caught in the act of shooting first.

Iran isn't looking to win toe for toe, but make the conflict so costly that Americans at home seriously reconsider our government's actions. Also they are in the process of setting up international safeguards by strenghtening economic bonds with other world powers. Maybe this is in hopes of undermining our ecnomony as well as creating a very costly military conlfict to slow the American invasion of their country at that point.

What country would not do everything in it's power to defend itself? Also yes , the U.S. would be highly effective militaryly, no doubt, but if a serious national emergancy is created at home by public distaste and economic meltdown those troops may very well have to be pulled back to quell the rioting back home. Also I don't know how modern Americans would reacte to a Vietnam scale war in terms of casualties in such a case.

Much of the bold statements of Iran are indeed false, but also much of the tension with the west is Artificially created and is searching for a spark any day now. Just how 9/11 in many respects was the catalyste to the gray state that is growing in the U.S., and runaway policy in the Middle East.

Iran is on center stage in social trends of American society whether they like it or not. It's more than just about calling them bad guys and labeling all these synonyms of evil. It's about dsyfunction here at home as well.

Yossarian, you are to pessimistic.

My friend I need you, I need your stance just like you need mine. Because we lack a lot of counter balance on so many things anymore. With the loss of the USSR in the last century our world's only super power no longer has to worry over upsetting any adversary. And in the very word's of so many oligarches in corporate America today " Competition can be a good thing".

And just like you my good sir, the world needs people like you, and me and this dialouge we share which hopfully can in some small way lead to a healthy approach to world issues.

The only hard part is dealing with human nature and our desire to have it all.

If Iran was smart, as now they would not give the U.S. any justification to pacify the public into starting the war our policy makers so badly desire. If anything they would garner allot of world support if the U.S. was caught in the act of shooting first.
Iran is giving the US justification? Please explain me more about the mean of "justification". Not based on Zionist propaganda crop but based on
the nations rights and freedom . Although we are living in modern age, forest rules are still governing on the world, worse than before.

Iran is giving the US justification? Please explain me more about the mean of "justification". Not based on Zionist propaganda crop but based on
the nations rights and freedom . Although we are living in modern age, forest rules are still governing on the world, worse than before.

I am speaking of justification to be sold to our public.

There may be nothing just , or logical about it, as long as it in some way buys out national opinion for going to war.

Like chemical and biological weapons was for Iraq, a catalyst for an excuse to use military force.

That is what I mean.

I am speaking of justification to be sold to our public.

There may be nothing just , or logical about it, as long as it in some way buys out national opinion for going to war.

Like chemical and biological weapons was for Iraq, a catalyst for an excuse to use military force.

That is what I mean.

So you mean the US people are naive and honest that the US government( or better to say the world Zionist and capitalism) sometime cheat them by their propaganda system to reach to their illegal and illegitimate interests?

I don't know, maybe it is true but we don't plan our life based on what the US people think is good or bad.

Last edited:
So you mean the US people are naive and honest people that the US government( or better to say the world Zionist and capitalism) sometime cheat them by their propaganda system to reach to their illegal and illegitimate interests?

I don't know, maybe it is true but we don't plan our life based on what the US people think is good or bad.

please, you can stop trying to sell your bullsh!it... not everything against muslims is "zionist propoganda" and saying that the US government is related in any sort to zionists is idiotic... you believe everything your government is telling you, and that shows alot. if you didnt catch the latest news, the american president name is Barak Hussein Obama...

The F 15 has never really gone against a modern air force in context of equippment and training so it's hard to say. Also 200 F 22's that are in service already show strain on USAF allocation of resources. Each in itself is a total technological marvel, however like lesser fighters in service already all 200 won't be operation all at the same time. Also the assembley components were destroyed and production halted by order of Congress.

True, but it is combat proven, the new enemy models are not.
May I remind you that Lockheed kept everything so it can restart F-22 production.

I would expect the West to be tracking them, Iran has made many bold claims yes. But look at it's actions, only region movements and regional excersises as for now indicate a defensive mindset. If Iran was smart, as now they would not give the U.S. any justification to pacify the public into starting the war our policy makers so badly desire. If anything they would garner allot of world support if the U.S. was caught in the act of shooting first.

Iran isn't looking to win toe for toe, but make the conflict so costly that Americans at home seriously reconsider our government's actions. Also they are in the process of setting up international safeguards by strenghtening economic bonds with other world powers. Maybe this is in hopes of undermining our ecnomony as well as creating a very costly military conlfict to slow the American invasion of their country at that point.

What country would not do everything in it's power to defend itself? Also yes , the U.S. would be highly effective militaryly, no doubt, but if a serious national emergancy is created at home by public distaste and economic meltdown those troops may very well have to be pulled back to quell the rioting back home. Also I don't know how modern Americans would reacte to a Vietnam scale war in terms of casualties in such a case.

Much of the bold statements of Iran are indeed false, but also much of the tension with the west is Artificially created and is searching for a spark any day now. Just how 9/11 in many respects was the catalyste to the gray state that is growing in the U.S., and runaway policy in the Middle East.

Iran is on center stage in social trends of American society whether they like it or not. It's more than just about calling them bad guys and labeling all these synonyms of evil. It's about dsyfunction here at home as well.

In a Iran/US conflict there will be few US boots (special forces) on Iranian ground. The Iranian forces will be destroyed from the air and see. No need to occupy Iran.

My friend I need you, I need your stance just like you need mine. Because we lack a lot of counter balance on so many things anymore. With the loss of the USSR in the last century our world's only super power no longer has to worry over upsetting any adversary. And in the very word's of so many oligarches in corporate America today " Competition can be a good thing".

And just like you my good sir, the world needs people like you, and me and this dialouge we share which hopfully can in some small way lead to a healthy approach to world issues.

The only hard part is dealing with human nature and our desire to have it all.

China is coming up.

Proof by the IAEA about a nuclear military capability.

Weird color indeed..

Does it matter what colour it is, for all intents and purposes it could be fluorescent pink and lime green as no one since WW2 is tracking submarines visually anymore.

I am more intrigued by its size than its colour.

Nor should you, I think in the long run that would lead to our country being more responsible and help pave the way to economic co operation with our world trade partners. Not domination, which as a policy in itself has a much shorter life span.

One of the problem with the U.S. / Iran tension, is the U.S. is very heavily armed, armed groups when things tend not to go their way , such as your country's economic soveriegnity that plagues American interests in the region makes using force a pretty attractive option. We have done this before.

In some regards the U.S. may start poking it's nose out a little further to get Iran to give us one good uppercut to justify serious military action. Our government pretty much has that act down pat at this point in history. We have been rehersing for over 150 years at it.

So you mean the US people are naive and honest that the US government( or better to say the world Zionist and capitalism) sometime cheat them by their propaganda system to reach to their illegal and illegitimate interests?

I actually feel sorry for you,your country made you a paranoid.
Zionist world..ha.:lol:

Back