IRAN, IRAK and the US position. - Page 9

--
Boots

February 17th, 2005  
Sexybeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Wow nice manifesto. Boy I tell ya what.

1800's and 1900's. That has alot of bearing on this discussion right ( ooops did it again...meant left) But hey spin twist spin reach twist.

Why not remove Saadam in the 90's? could have been because our Arab Allies did not want us to.

And gee willikers there Gingerbread. The Iraqi's had an election and man the that has apparently won was not favored by the US. But by the Iraqi people hmmm. Does that mean that the US didn't control it . Wow.

Elections don't make a democracy. Well you should know huh. Whens the last time China had free elections? They may not make a democracy but it's a good start.
again, i seriously doubt liberating iraqis is the top objective of U.S's mission in iraq, or at least they didn't plan to do that....
February 17th, 2005  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Sexybeast: Oh yeah, one marine looks to another and says "gee... do you realise we just released the Iraqi people from Saddam's brutal authority?"

No, we knew they were going to be liberated, it was even in the damn operation name. You can say all day long that it wasn't our goal, and you're right, because that's singular. It was apart of many goals that removing the bathist regime accomplished.

Gingerbread: I don't get your point, the USA isn't an angel- but it's probably the most righteous nation around. You appear to be striving to equalize America's vices with the likes of bathist Iraq. That's quite simply inane
February 17th, 2005  
Sexybeast

is liberating Iraq the top objective for going into Iraq??
ask ur own ppl , ask ur own president and ask ur own congress..

for me, i ve heard U.S and UK were roaring about how Saddam support terriosts and how he have so much WMD ,

now U.S's own commission says saddam has no connection with Laden, and he has no WMD....

explain plz
--
Boots
February 17th, 2005  
rOk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocobo_Blitzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by rOk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
perhaps u can say U.S invaded iraq or doing other "horrible" stuff in the world....but i think U.S government does that for their own ppl's safety and prosperity......
You see that's the whole point of all of this...they want to ensure the safety and prosperity of their own people(which of course is understandable...I'd have the same goal) while assuring the rest of us they are doing this for democracy.
I don't think Bushy, Rummy and Condy give a f**k about the Iraq population...it's just an excuse...or an investment, depending how you look at it.
Prosperous!? How is this war prosperous!? Billions of dollers spent on the military, on rebuilding, etc. Not to mention human loss. The oil infrastructure has been sieged, and continues to be on siege. Gas prices have never been higher. This war has done nothing but make America bleed, in terms of economy.

You'd be a fool to believe it merely "didnt work out as planned", even if no insurgency had occured, it still would have cost America much coin.

Even after 5 years, it still wouldn't be benificial to America economically, but boy, you know, must be that master plan to ensure American prosperity. Lord knows that's our legacy when we've used our military.
Chocobo...you think small...5 years is nothing...think 15, 20 when a lot of the oil reserves are depleted oil companies will still have fresh fruit to sell.
February 17th, 2005  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexybeast
is liberating Iraq the top objective for going into Iraq??
ask ur own ppl , ask ur own president and ask ur own congress..

for me, i ve heard U.S and UK were roaring about how Saddam support terriosts and how he have so much WMD ,

now U.S's own commission says saddam has no connection with Laden, and he has no WMD....

explain plz

Ahhhh the Convienance of selective reading , hearing and comprehension.

The UN inspectors could not confirm ethier that Sadaam had destroyed his WMD's or manufacturing capabilities. They were hasseled and barred from sites ....remember.
The coalation had every reason to believe , from intel sources that it was probable that WMD's were present.
And it's not like he hadn't used WMD's in the past on Iran and his own people
February 17th, 2005  
Missileer

Hey Ginger..while you are posting every bad news article worldwide, don't leave out my Uncle Seth's prize coondog got run over Saturday. The wake will be at Podunk town hall Wednesday night.
February 17th, 2005  
Charge 7

I don't know about the rest of you but this makes me just want to pack up and move to China right now! Such a free nation so willing to comfort the downtrodden. I mean, weren't they so compassionate to that guy with the grocery bag in Tiananmen Square? And look how they liberated Tibet and stayed on to help them for the last 55 years! Oh and Gingerbread says they're not really communist now too! I can hardly wait! And I won't need to worry about gasoline either since China has no interest in oil production.
February 17th, 2005  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbeard

so right, let's twist the facts, what does china relate to this? china isnt even democracy. right i guess u have a gd sense of humour, twist, spin, twist, left. nice joke!

favoured by the iraqi ppl? what about the sunni minority? i guess u still need to know what democracy means.

when did ur arab allies didnt want u to? this already shows US is not working for human rights then.

but hey, just believe what u believe. i dun see the point disccusing with u as u like to deny every facts that shows US dun follow the standard but liek to impose on others.

Well lets see how does in my comment concern Red China? Hmmmmmm. It was meant to show that with all of Red Chinas expierance with Democratic Elections. That they are known to hold .....that you should know all about the process

As far as understanding what a democracy is well yeah I understand stand that pretty well there Gingerbread. Ya see I live in one as opposed to living in a Totalaterian Communist governed Nation. To understand democracy you must first understand the Democratic Process so hop up on Uncle 03's knee and let me splain it too ya. (And if ya want ya dont have to wear yer hat with the silly red star on it)

First you schedule elections, generally every four years. And people with different ideas run for offices, like President, senator, mayor and dog catcher things like that. These people we call canidates they make speechs and have debates and try to garner the support of the citizens. You see GingerBread these citizens are voters all of them as long as they are 18 and registered. They get to vote for who will lead them all of them can vote. Not just members of a certain Party or class.

So a certain day called Election day these people go and cast their votes . And when the votes are counted the canidate with the majority of the votes recieved is elected to the office. Operative word being Majority not minority. Sabes?
February 18th, 2005  
Missileer

C'mon Ginger, even I understand that.
February 18th, 2005  
Doc.S

THE IRANIAN wrote:
Quote:
I was expecting a reaction as I was perfectly aware that what you are tought is very far from the reality. Try not to be addicted to FOX NEWS, stop being the slave of a "ready to go" brain-system supplied by your government. Try to learn the respect of other countries, which were there a long time before America's creation. That's my message. Sorry if you cannot stand it guys.
I just want to tell you all something about the Red part of this message

With all due respect to all opinions, but I have noticed something quite unike with Fox-News chanel. I got channel 8 and in the mornings and after Bloomberg there is something there that is called news. Fox-News - Fair and Balanced indeed. -If you look at any other news Chanel as BBC or CNN- I can smell a clear presence of -quote: slave of a "ready to go" brain-system. I have never seen such good news as the Fox-News have presented for me. I just want to say that Fox-News is probably the best News program that I have ever watched because all the other news chanels are all the same and they seem to have one and the same message, like - dislike or hate W. Bush- just as they were Michel Moores own puppets or something. They are the farthest from fair and balanced thats for sure. And I am a news "addict" since child hood.

Sorry about this message guys but I just had to remove this feeling from my heart. If you want to know what the US is planning for Iran and Iraq I sincerly recomend you to take some minutes or maybe a couple of hours to watch Fox-News. And then look trough all the other news chanels that are in many eyes ,over here in Sweden, - the fair and balanced ones. EEEEEEeeee- Wrong - there you have the answer if you share my point of view. And by the way - one of the most interesting programs that you can watch is the O-Reilly factor. There you have someone that is Fair and Balanced if someone can be called that.

I can only say that I am grateful that there are some news left in this world like Fox-News. There might be alot of ppl around the world who points a finger at them and thinks that they are Aliens or something. *lol* But they aren`t robots that always reports the same news and cheers the same point of vision as the others. Iran/Iraq issue Libanon/Syria and Iran US issues you get it all fair and balanced from Fox-News with a few exceptions that is.

Who is the fool? The fool or the fool that follows him?

-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-
-Star Wars-

Have a nice evening:
Doc.S