Iran to hang teenage girl attacked by rapists

I agree in either case she didn't do anything worthy of hanging.

Alot of these Muslim countries consider women little more than property. It's common practice in these countries that if a girl gets raped, their own family kills them. It has something to do with covering up shame attached to their families, so they kill the girl instead of living with it.

Hi,

headspace said:
How do you know this girl was not a prostitute, skimming for money and she got caught?

I'm just saying that any story can be turned around for the purposes of a cause
Holy Hell a Prostitute .........Then she has been Wrongly Convicted .......... she would have been Publically Stoned to death for Prostitution and not Hanged .......... Prostitution is a serious Crime there you know . :sarc::sarc::sarc:

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Last edited:
hmm..but then really, she shouldnt be killed.. If they knew she was a prostitute, then they would stone her which they didnt, so is she is charged with homocide?
But wasnt that self defence?

I think the underlying point is that, even if this story is not true, this is most definitely something that DOES happen. No, it is most certainly not based upon some passage in the Koran saying "If a woman is raped, Allah commands that she is to be hanged." Nor does the Koran say anything about a woman being hung for defending herself. It is the idiot Mullahs of Iran or other such who decide that this is what the Koran intends.

Hi,

MightyMacbeth said:
uhh..heh, what? didnt quite get that very clearly

:peace:

He ment this ;) .......
uid174759iid8211kx.gif

Could you be More Specific and detailed about your Feelings or Views about the Topic ...... rather than Vauge One liners that can't be Commented / Counter Commented on Pleasee :).

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Last edited:
godofthunder9010 said:
No, it is most certainly not based upon some passage in the Koran saying "If a woman is raped, Allah commands that she is to be hanged." Nor does the Koran say anything about a woman being hung for defending herself. It is the idiot Mullahs of Iran or other such who decide that this is what the Koran intends.

Right, there. But don't expect the Koran to be some sort of a sweet, gentle, merciful book. A lot of things the Koran says (about women being inferior or jews being low creatures) are pretty clear and totally shameful.

The old testament has it's fair share as well. You can twist any religious text round to violence if you really want. (Buddhism is a bit tricky, but you get my drift)

She was hanged for murder, not prostitution. You have all jumped on me for stating that being a prostitute is wrong. I merely stated that this story has had several sources and comes from a country where western journalists struggle to get to the truth.

It is possible that she was a prostitute who DID murder a man she was trying to rob. We don't know...

If you support the death penalty for murder in the US, then who are we to say that this case wasn't simply misreported Iranian Justice?

Headspace of course any news can be distorted and misreported. We should refrain from talking about anything according to this view though.
We are reasonably sure things like this do happen in Iran, then we can discuss about it.

Right, there. But don't expect the Koran to be some sort of a sweet, gentle, merciful book. A lot of things the Koran says (about women being inferior or jews being low creatures) are pretty clear and totally shameful.

The Koran isn't even that bad IG. A lot of the women, gay, female circumscission and other things are cultural content given to it. It is their perception to this text. The text is actually quite harmless but is open to a dozen different interpretations.... just like our bible.

Ted said:
The Koran isn't even that bad IG. A lot of the women, gay, female circumscission and other things are cultural content given to it. It is their perception to this text. The text is actually quite harmless but is open to a dozen different interpretations.... just like our bible.

Having read the Koran myself I do not agree.

well i dont know about extreme countries such as Iran and Saudi..

And ok headspace, so she was charged with homocide. ok, but I think its quite clear that it might also have been self defence. They cant just hang her just because she killed someone.. its tricky really..

Italian Guy said:
Having read the Koran myself I do not agree.
Your ideology about Quran is wrong.

Quran states equal rights for men and women and even punishment for both is same in case of crimes.

Jews are condemned with context to crucifying of Prophet Jesus (PBUH).

I think that you don't read books properly!

Back