IRAN-EU Talks.

We have every right to burn Iran and Syria both to the ground right now.

Both those nations are supplying murderers and logistics support to the criminals and death cultists in Iraq. That is an overt act of war by all relevant international law.

Iranians and syrians are engaged in killing US and coalition service men right now at this moment.

Therein lies the problem: proof. I have no doubt that we have the proof, but then again, the last time we had the "proof," we sort of alienated the whole world :(. Or, we are just building one heck of a case against the Axis of Evil (as much for ourselves and the rest of the world), so that no one can deny the facts.

I'm afraid it is going to take just one nuke (from you-know-who) to get everyone back on the ass kicking bandwagon and bury these guys.

I'm afraid it is going to take just one nuke (from you-know-who) to get everyone back on the ass kicking bandwagon and bury these guys.

One nuke detonated with even one life lost from the Iranian mullahs would be too high of a cost to wait for "everyone back on the ass kicking bandwagon and bury these guys."

Prevention is the best policy in this case. At least Saddam let the UN inspectors inspect and monitor his stuff. In Iran's case, they removed the seals, kicked out the UN inspectors, and refused the new UN inspectors sent in good faith to bail them out of the UNSC's wrath. I don't even know why they need nuclear power when they sit on arguably the largest oil reserve(s) in the world. Assuming the Iranian mullahs are bleeding environmentalists and want to cut down on fossil fuel emissions (humor me ok? :p) and go with nuclear power, why would they need centrifuges to enrich energy-grade uranium? Centrifuges are mainly used for highly enriched uranium used in weapons and bombs.

Therein lies the problem: proof. I have no doubt that we have the proof, but then again, the last time we had the "proof," we sort of alienated the whole world :(. Or, we are just building one heck of a case against the Axis of Evil (as much for ourselves and the rest of the world), so that no one can deny the facts.

I fully and completely disagree with you here. We did not alienate anyone. Those that were "alienated" chose to be. These are individuals and groupthink dominated groups/nations that made the conscious choice to adhere to the propaganda of those who have publicly and repeatedly expressed full intention of exterminating them. These are feckless and worthless fools. These are enemy.
There are only two sides in this war and those who choose not to stand with us, by default are standing with the enemy.
The area between two firing lines is called "no man's land" for a reason.
It is the cowardice and equivocation of the west, especially the nations of western europe that is the greatest motivator to the jihadi.

These cowards and intellectual inbreeds are what guarentee that this will eventually evolve into a war of obliteration.

Grimmy said:
Those that were "alienated" chose to be.

Exactly! I'm not saying we actively shut out the rest of the world (by rest, I mean the ones with power), but that they were looking for a reason to hate us. They could cherry pick any excuse and attempt to use it against us, as long as we look like the bad guys. Anything less than 100% victory is failure in their eyes, since that is the standard to which we have held ourselves for the past 230 years, and the image that has been projected.

I know there are a lot of other governments that still support us and feel they should do their share in the GWOT, and for that I am grateful. There are others that enjoy their right to free speech, paid in blood by either their own people, or foreign people who gave a helping hand in a time of need. They can talk all they want, actions speak louder than words.

ASTRALdragon said:
One nuke detonated with even one life lost from the Iranian mullahs would be too high of a cost to wait

My point exactly; I'm not saying we should wait, I'm saying that is what it is going to take for the majority of the people to get their head out of their fourth point of contact.

The EU Iran talks are just a sham for the UNSC will impose sanctions and
now the world will have two countrys that have no regard for whats imposed on them they both need to be punished with cautious use of military force though NK is worst cause they have weak nuke while Iran will not be far behind then get ready to see the genie out of the bottle
for the first time in 61years in combat.

I like how people talk about changing other nations regimes. Honestly, it is not anybody's place, apart from the citizens of a nation, to do that.

I really am not very informed about the whole Iran nuclear issue- as far as i have read there is no proof of any nuclear weapons under development, just basic nuclear technology that is allowed under to international law. Pardon my ignorance if there have been developments that i'm oblivious to, could someone clear this up for me, and link me a couple of articles on this? Thanks.

I like how people talk about changing other nations regimes. Honestly, it is not anybody's place, apart from the citizens of a nation, to do that.

Good point, but what if that nation, or regime, directly threatens you or your allies? Then what do you do? Wait for them to attack you?

I really am not very informed about the whole Iran nuclear issue- as far as i have read there is no proof of any nuclear weapons under development, just basic nuclear technology that is allowed under to international law. Pardon my ignorance if there have been developments that i'm oblivious to, could someone clear this up for me, and link me a couple of articles on this? Thanks.

I recommend you start looking into this as they are not so far away from your home, now are they? :idea:

If they have nothing to hide, Why will they not comply with inspections??? Why are they so secretive and belligerent? Why are in open violation of international agreements on this subject?

The current government of Iran is very scary. Worse, it's president comes across as a lunatic (and may well be one too). Are you SURE you want them to have nuclear warheads?

valid points gunner, but it dint clear my points... as per what little i've read, they are not in violation of the NPT, and the IAEA had clearly stated that their investigation indicates no nuclear arms program. apparently what had been a major issue was the presence of traces of weapons grade uranium (?) at the facility, but these were very insignificant. the IAEA investgation showed that this was likely to be contamination from the pakistani technology that iran had accquired.

so what i wanted was some article link or some such thing to update my possibly out-dated info. thanks.

The problem with the EU, is that they are becoming another UN, and after so short of a time of existence. They are already ineffective. World War II would have been significantly different if the countries in Europe hadn't bent over and let Hitler ram it up the rear. He did what North Korea and Iran are doing. Holding people by the nuts to get what they want. If someone doesn't stand up, and make it painfully clear that there is a physical response to violations, then we are looking at the beginnings of WWIII right now...and as WWII ended with nuclear weapons being dropped, WWIII will begin with them.

Back