Iran Enjoys Hi-Tech Weapons

phoenix80

Banned
TEHRAN (Fars News Agency)- Commander-in-chief of Iran's army said that his country's bombs, missiles and military equipment enjoy the most advanced technologies of the world.

A0125934.jpg

"Iran's weapons are as advanced as the world's missiles, bombs and military equipment," Major General Salehi said in western Iran on Wednesday.​

He said Iran's young experts have empowered the country to powerfully confront any kind of enemy aggression and belligerent operations.​

"We have one of the most capable armies of the world and this progress is indebted to the efforts made by our young experts," the General added.​

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=8604200505

Don't think so

If your told to believe something in Iran it must be true then. I guess with press releases like this one any western forces would to to terrified to even think about attacking. :sarc:

I don't know... Iran has been rebuilding their armed forces. They have been buying gear from Russia and China like it's going out of style. They also have been rebuilding their own armament industry. Sure, they might not be the best in the world but they are a danger.

Is some of this propaganda? Yup. Is it embellished? Yup. Is there some danger from Iran because there is some truth? Yup.

But also remember, if you listen enough to Iran, Russia, and Communist China. They'll all tell you that they invented water and breathing.

Better then most

The propaganda stuff always turns me off but I agree Iran has a better armed forces then most in that region. I don't think any conflict would be a simple push over and the Thor air defense system is pretty good. I think compared to say Iraq any ground fighting would be more difficult I think Iran's ground forces would fight with more heart. Equipment wise and leadership are two very important areas where our intel could be better, but the best info wouldn't be released anyway. I think Iran services there equipment better then most in the region and they do themselves not by outside hired help. Compared to a country like Saudi who depend a great deal more on outside help. I don't know if the NCO's are trained well or can a low level officer call in an artillery strike? I don't know enough about there command and control to get a good feel for there military. One thing that does confuse me about there military is why haven't they bought more fighters? If they had two or three hundred fighters it would be more difficult to deal with them in certain ways. I don't know if the Battalion, Brigade, or even Division commanders work there way up or are appointed?

The propaganda stuff always turns me off but I agree Iran has a better armed forces then most in that region. I don't think any conflict would be a simple push over and the Thor air defense system is pretty good. I think compared to say Iraq any ground fighting would be more difficult I think Iran's ground forces would fight with more heart. Equipment wise and leadership are two very important areas where our intel could be better, but the best info wouldn't be released anyway. I think Iran services there equipment better then most in the region and they do themselves not by outside hired help. Compared to a country like Saudi who depend a great deal more on outside help. I don't know if the NCO's are trained well or can a low level officer call in an artillery strike? I don't know enough about there command and control to get a good feel for there military. One thing that does confuse me about there military is why haven't they bought more fighters? If they had two or three hundred fighters it would be more difficult to deal with them in certain ways. I don't know if the Battalion, Brigade, or even Division commanders work there way up or are appointed?

I bet Iran will collapse if one single bullet is shot at that regime. Iranians don't like their regime very much

The reason why they haven't bought fighters is that no one is gonna sell them. They bought some Chinese crap and Russian stuff such as Su-24 and MiG-29s but they didnt like them compared to their aging American fighters.

And then like Soviet Union, Iran's armed forces get its orders from Political Advisers and Clergy not from real military commanders.

Battalion, Brigade and Div. commanders are appointees based on their loyalty to the regime.

I don't know... Iran has been rebuilding their armed forces. They have been buying gear from Russia and China like it's going out of style. They also have been rebuilding their own armament industry. Sure, they might not be the best in the world but they are a danger.

Is some of this propaganda? Yup. Is it embellished? Yup. Is there some danger from Iran because there is some truth? Yup.

But also remember, if you listen enough to Iran, Russia, and Communist China. They'll all tell you that they invented water and breathing.

These three have formed the real axis of evil in our world!

Back